Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Another example of police assholeness

Banned

This pic showed up in a western mass newspaper yesterday. I am the one leaning over the bike in the picture. This is the bike that Mike Negrette broke his neck on last year and is now paralyzed from the neck down. The police said that speeding was a factor. Speeding was NOT a factor. The cop (as usual) was talking out of his ass. Mike lost the back end (I believe because of linked brakes) in a corner with a slightly damp surface. Mike slid by me (I was in front of him) and hit a tree. As Mike was starting to stand up, the bike came past me and hit Mike in the back of the neck, crushing him against the tree. The cause of the accident was touring tires, linked brakes and rider error (in my opinion)

Degsy

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Banned

Here's the picture

C'mon no one knows more than a cop!! geez...You know there are some good cops out there.....somewhere................ok maybe not.

Thanks Degsy, I never really had a clear picture as to what hapened.

Why was it in a Western Mass. newspaper now?

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Banned

They are doing a piece on the rise in motorcycle fatalities in the state.

Derek

Degsy was there any mention of the number of riders that are speeding thru the western Mass.. I was curious if they viewed us as a rarity or the comming invasion. You know the line, "If we only had more police this type of accident could have been prevented" type of stuff. Currious as to the spin they put on it

Banned

No, they had some Harley riding guy saying that inattentive drivers are the usual cause I believe. Someone from MMA I think

Wow, that is very sad to hear. I am a bit behind, time wise, but I really feel bad about this. I would rather die than be paralyzed.

Last edited by jsven007; 06-13-03 at 12:50 AM.
    14" Biceps. So what if I am weak...

That sux my sympathies go out to him.

I dunno about cops these days, I tried for the longest time to give them the benefit of the doubt but on wednesday night they lost alot of respect as they lived up to their jackass power trippin reputation.

[rant]
    I was on exit 18 coming off 495, waiting at a stop light and I was first in line turning left. The right turning lane was all backed up and there were a bunch of cruisers down on the bridge blocking off the road. So some dumb@ss in a truck blocks part of the intersection. Light turns green and I procede to go around the rear end of his truck and as I get out past his truck there are 3 cruisers coming at me running the red light, 2 are pretty far back and there is one in the same lane as me.. he panics and swerves a little but then realizes there's no chance of impact and swerves back. A little panic'd I pull over to the right lane an proceed to go about 20 mph. The officer takes a left further down the road but his two buddies that were following him pull me over. The officer came right up and yelled at me for almost colliding with the officer and then asked for license/registration etc. He comes back and gives me a warning, on the citation it has 30, then its scribbled out and he wrote in 40 and said I was speeding on the off ramp to 495 which is posted 25. I wasn't speeding.. there's no way a honda accord can go 0-40 pulling out from a stop - uphill no less - crossing one lane and hitting 40 mph? wow.. so then he goes on to ask me what happened back there.. and I told him.. light turned green I pulled out.. officer coming down the road I couldn't see him.. or Hear him since he didn't have his siren on.. and the truck blocked our view because it was stopped because of an accident up ahead.. the officer almost hit me when he ran that red light. His response was to tell me, oh it wasn't an accident we had someone trying to jump off the overpass, and then he sent me on my way.. I was livid.. arrggg.. f'n a if I don't speed but to give me a warning for speeding when he didn't know what happened and when I wasn't speeding!! jeebs.. [/rant]

Hey Degs, mind not gettin that knee down on the street man.. you're giving us all a bad rep!!

-F

Degs...

I'm curious about the linked brake theory?? simply because my bike has them and I'd like to know if I should alter my riding style with them etc...

Sorry about your friend...

Thanks,
    Mike

Uppercrust Euro Rider SilverSurfer's Avatar

Looks like you had your lawyer along for the ride. Is there a case pending?

<table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width=100%><tr><td background="http://www.nestreetriders.com/images/fill1.gif"><font color=white size=1 face="Trebuchet MS, Arial"><b>SEAN
    01 DAYTONA 955i | 00 DAYTONA 955i | 89 KATANA 600</b></font></td></tr></table>

Banned

No, no case pending. I don't believe there was any insurance.

degs