Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

exhaust question, need help from expert/dealer

Hawk Is Respectable Now WordTooYoMamma's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (Tilt: HTC-8900/1.2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) UP.Link/6.3.1.20.06.3.1.20.0)

I have an 09 750 and am looking into buying a full stock exhaust system off someone off ebay/craigs list so I can make an aftermarket pipe fit on my bike. I would be chopping the cat off my exhaust and fitting a mid pipe bolton on the system I have. I would want to keep a full system around just incase the system I get won't pass inspection. Soooo my question is. What years can I backtrack to, and have the exhaust still fit. If I pick up an 06 full system can I use just the headers from that to connect to my midpipe?
    Shepppoo help mee!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: exhaust question, need help from expert/dealer

Quote Originally Posted by WordTooYoMamma View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Tilt: HTC-8900/1.2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) UP.Link/6.3.1.20.06.3.1.20.0)

I have an 09 750 and am looking into buying a full stock exhaust system off someone off ebay/craigs list so I can make an aftermarket pipe fit on my bike. I would be chopping the cat off my exhaust and fitting a mid pipe bolton on the system I have. I would want to keep a full system around just incase the system I get won't pass inspection. Soooo my question is. What years can I backtrack to, and have the exhaust still fit. If I pick up an 06 full system can I use just the headers from that to connect to my midpipe?
    Shepppoo help mee!
    I'll look and see what I can find.
    BUT my 2cents.
    On the street it's WAY over kill. You can't switch back and forth with out a good tune, you need to make provisions in the new exhaust for an O2 sensor. You can't ride that 750 to it's potential anyway. MA will start cracking down on modified exhaust including hacked off cat's. Put a slip on can on it. Work your suspension and do a track day or five and learn to ride it how it should be ridden. It's not just a simple exhaust mod!

Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......

Just throw a Taylormade or Race Fit on there and bee Done......all that messin around is just gonna wast ur time and money....My 2Cts

Hawk Is Respectable Now WordTooYoMamma's Avatar

pigman that's what I want to do, but all of the taylor made cans are underkits and require removal of the cat.
    So I want a spare full system to keep in case of the exhaust nazis/ inspections. Plus its easy to keep the O2 sensor in there, im not touching that part of the pipe sheppo. Just removing the cat. If I can find just headers for my bike that would be perfect too, because I could take my stock exhaust off and put the headers with the midpipe on. I don't understand how its not just a simple exhaust mod, people put slipons/ midpipe boltons on all the time, it just so happens suzuki decided to weld the cat to the headers for 08+ models.

Last edited by WordTooYoMamma; 07-20-09 at 02:22 PM.

just put a nice leo or akra slip on and be done...mmmmmm

The 600 and 750 I think were redesigned last year. I would guess an 08 or 09 is your only choice. But who knows, maybe the headers and collector didn't change.

Jay
    2013 gixxer 750
    2009 Ducati M1100s
    2017 KTM exc-f 350

http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic306_2.gif