Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Experience with Mutual Enterprises Inc. in Springfield?

Experience with Mutual Enterprises Inc. in Springfield?

I am looking at a bike they have in stock and was wondering if anyone had any experience (good or bad) with them (Mutual Enterprises Inc, Springfield, MA).

Got to be honest their site (physical location) was a tad "sketch" but it's bikes not a new car dealer I guess. The people I met there seemed nice enough.

So, anyone?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Experience with Mutual Enterprises Inc. in Springfield?

I see their ads a lot and the only thing I'd say is their advertised pricing is high... not sure if you made a better deal?

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

Quote Originally Posted by 35racer View Post
    I see their ads a lot and the only thing I'd say is their advertised pricing is high... not sure if you made a better deal?
    About $700 off of their advertised price. I still think there is some fat in there. I would say, if it works out, it would be a fair deal not a steal.

Lifer

id like to know as well. Im tempted by a few bikes that seem to be of a reasonable price but the dealer does look shady. I go to school right by them and no one goes to them. I just dont know why.

Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
    id like to know as well. Im tempted by a few bikes that seem to be of a reasonable price but the dealer does look shady. I go to school right by them and no one goes to them. I just dont know why.
    I am equally surprised and perplexed. They seem to have a ton of inventory, much of it local to NE, so how does no one know about them? Business has been around, in some capacity, since and before the 60's and has a BBB rating of A+; so where are the customers?

Again, folks seemed nice and they appear to have a lot of inventory. Not sure what the story is.

I believe that their inventory comes from the auction, loan repo's for the most par, but some can be dealer overstock as well. Looking at their prices they appear to be working on a reasonable profit margin when you consider they have to but some type of warranty on them as they are a dealer. Overall no different than buying a used bike from most dealers.

Lifer

i wonder if they stand behind their warranty or they just pull you around? Stuff like that could kill a dealership and maybe thats why they no one buys from them.

i wonder if they stand behind their warranty or they just pull you around? Stuff like that could kill a dealership and maybe thats why they no one buys from them.
    They offered no warranty and when I asked if there was any I got a simple "no". The guy I was working with said "hey if you are riding home and the engine explodes; well that's another issue". So as far as I can tell there isn't even a 30day 1k mile warranty, at least on the bike I am looking at.

I think these guys have a pretty simple business process: 1.) Purchase bike(s), 2.) Wash it, 3.) Raise the price, 4.) Sell it and wash their hands of it.

Bullshit meter pegged scottfromboston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yucatan View Post
    I think these guys have a pretty simple business process: 1.) Purchase bike(s), 2.) Wash it, 3.) Raise the price, 4.) Sell it and wash their hands of it.
    Truth.

I bought the FZ-1 there. Per his story, a local Harley dealer had taken it in on trade. Everything worked out fine.

I got what I thought was a solid deal, and the bike hasn't blown up yet (8 years, ~50k miles).

~Scott
    2020 SMC-R

Lifer

Isnt it illegal to sell a vehicle with no warranty? At least a 30 day. With no warranty ill take my chances with craigslist.

Isnt it illegal to sell a vehicle with no warranty? At least a 30 day. With no warranty ill take my chances with craigslist.
    In Maine it's illegal to sell a new vehicle without a valid inspection AFAIK, but thats about it. I've bought multiple cars and bikes with no warranty, implied or otherwise.

Lifer

Several guys that I work with (4 or 5?) have bought bikes from them over, say, the last 5-7 years or so, and every single one of them has been happy with their purchase. I have looked over most of these bikes, and they all seemed super clean, and unmodified. The prices that they paid were, for the most part, average market values as far as I could tell.

They buy from auction, Craiglist, other dealers, people needing cash, etc. They do a huge business in cruisers and sportbikes.

The DL1000 they have is my old streetbike.

Putting his hands in the air, like he just doesn't care.
    Check out my eBay store!
    Dave - Motorace - Michelin

Quote Originally Posted by Karaya One View Post
    The DL1000 they have is my old streetbike.
    The exact bike I intend to pick up tomorrow. Thanks again for taking the call.

Enjoy it! It was a wonderful motorcycle for me.

Putting his hands in the air, like he just doesn't care.
    Check out my eBay store!
    Dave - Motorace - Michelin

Thought I would bump this since I just bought a bike from them. They had a 2010 Ninja 250 with 3k miles on it going for 3400$. It was the color my girlfriend wanted, past it's break in period, and it was in outstanding mechanical and cosmetic condition. I paid a 100$ "docking fee" (whatever the hell that means) for a total of 3500$. Certainly not the best deal in the world, but considering I didn't have to haggle with anyone, I was pleased with the price. I gave them 100$ down payment over the phone and they held the bike for me for almost two weeks which was great. Showed up on Wednesday afternoon with a bank check, they did paperwork for about 10 minutes and I was on my way.

The place has a huge inventory and most of the stuff they move quickly. I kind of got the impression it was "buy it or don't", because someone will be along to buy it next week if you don't. Overall I was pleased.

Last edited by 01xj; 06-22-12 at 11:27 AM.