Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Experienced some Road Rage Saturday

Experienced some Road Rage Saturday

I was showing a buddy of mine the glory of rt 116 and 2 Saturday morning on a nice spirited ride. We even had a dude in a Corvette let us pass, then follow us for many miles! While on 116, I noticed a guy in a Jeep Grand Cherokee with no doors pulling out of a driveway on Hill Road in Conway Mass Experienced some Road Rage Saturday-google-maps-jpg.

The only reason I remember the location is because I thought the Jeep was interesting. Well as some of you may know, 116 is one lane right after that, and we were stuck at the red light heading west/north. When we continued on, we came up on the Jeep driving at a normal pace, and decided on a straight part of the road to make a pass over the double yellow (I know its against the rules, but it was a pretty safe place to do it before coming into the center of town which I didn't realize was so close). So I make the pass and as I'm passing he throws his arm out the door, but I wasn't paying much attention to him. I look back into my mirror to watch my buddy pass, and as he's passing, the Jeep swerves into the other lane to try and block him from passing, which resulted in him being pushed onto the white line on the other side of the road before he could make it pass. Then the guy is riding our asses all the way into the center of town.

I'm fuming at this point, and in the middle of town there is a "voluntary toll" setup in front of the fire/police station for some even that's going on. I get off the bike, walk back to his Jeep, and he gets out to start screaming at me. I'm not sure how I was able to restrain from physically harming this guy, but I think the Corvette driver getting out and getting in his face helped me out. All I could do was get back on my bike and drive away.

I guess I should have followed all the rules of the road, but attempting to block/kill a biker because you're a vigilante good ol' boy is fucking bullshit.

/rant

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    You Sir know nothing of true greatness. I of course refer to ones ability to steal, drink and generally do nothing, and carry it off with style

Re: Experienced some Road Rage Saturday

This sounds familiar. I dont suppose either of you had a go-pro running?

What did the Jeep guy have to say?

Quote Originally Posted by Petorius View Post
    This sounds familiar. I dont suppose either of you had a go-pro running?
    We didn't. If we did, I would have walked right into the police station to demand an arrest.

You Sir know nothing of true greatness. I of course refer to ones ability to steal, drink and generally do nothing, and carry it off with style

That's a bunch of horseshit! Fucking dip-shits think they own the road and get to enforce the law. Your not hurting anyone by making a pass. When I pass, back roads or highway I try not to run up on anyone, I keep a reasonable distance, downshift and let it rip around them. It makes me look like a dick, but it get me around a driver before one can react.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Quote Originally Posted by NPDCPA View Post
    What did the Jeep guy have to say?
    That we are assholes for breaking the law and that he didn't do anything wrong. Once the spit started flying from his mouth as he screamed in my face, I stopped listening.

Vaguely similar thing happened to me when I passed a couple guys in a piece of shit truck going 25 in a 35. Luckily I pulled into a gas station I know with excellent security cameras, pointing them out one by one to them did the trick and they left.

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

There's a guy in a Tacoma with a NH vanity plate that says "TEE1UP" (or something similar to that) that routinely does that to me when I pass him legally on Nashua Road in Windham. Some people are just douche bags.

Last edited by stoinkythepig; 07-09-13 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stoinkythepig View Post
    There's a guy in a Tacoma with a NH vanity plate that says "TEE1UP" (or something similar to that) that routinely does that to me when I pass him legally on Nashua Road in Windham. Some people are just douche bags.
    Don't let me see that shit in the 7.3 F550! It wouldn't be the first time I I damn near took out a cager displaying road rage, and from my experience it does the trick...

On 293 N in Manchester this afternoon ...

Reports of a LEO ahead so I'm just tooling along in the right lane.

Some sort of Japanese sedan passes almost by me in the left lane, but additional traffic slows him down. We ride with me in his back pocket for about 15 seconds before his signal comes on... I hit the brakes as he's already on his way into my lane. He then sees me, swerves back across the left lane all in a panic. Once things are back under control he turns and flips me off, shouting something (of course his windows are up so I don't hear a thing). .

I just shake my head and laugh. It was too comical to get upset about at that point. Complete idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by DankDirtyBird View Post
    We didn't. If we did, I would have walked right into the police station to demand an arrest.
    LOL

People suck. On the bike, I usually swallow and let it go. If I have my truck, well, let's just say that's another story.....

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

It is important to remember that, just like racism, there are people out there who *Hate* motorcycles, and you can rarely identify them. Attempting to "correct" road rage through direct confrontation is rarely worth the trouble. Get the plate number, and call it in calmly if you must, but storming into a Police Station and demanding anything is a sure way to ruin your day.
    In this case, you admit to breaking the law first, and that would immediately put you at distinct disadvantage in front of most police officers.
    I am *not* saying that what the guy did was OK.
    As you get older, you will find that this kind of thing is rarely worth the trouble.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Remember one thing...... Motorcycle vs. Car = Car will always win.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

If there wasn't a place right after the incident where we were forced to stop, we would have rode on. If it was a deserted stop light/sign, things might have gotten interesting.

I've been swerved at while splitting lanes on 495 in traffic that had been going 0 mph for 4 or 5 minutes.

The most dangerous driver is not the one that is paying no attention, but the people paying attention and attempting murder for something trivial like passing when they feel you shouldn't.

Lifer

I find it helps to vent. Not a lot, but it helps..

I'm almost getting used to having people try to "merge" into my lane on 495 and the like. Just last week I am northbound on I495 across the 93 interchange. A DB in a BMW 3-series does a 3+ lane cross from the ramp off of 93-N almost into me traveling in the far left lane. I see him in my peripheral vision at the last moment and avoid him. I then see red, proceed to tailgate him screaming obscenities and making rude jesters all most up to the double decker bridge outside Lawrence. At this point traffic does that magical "just stop" thing and I damned near eat BMW trunk lid. I swerved left onto the shoulder and got the ABS going as we crossed the rumble strips.

Moral of that story is to just let it go and move on with life.

Someday I'll grow up enough to listen to morals. In the meantime, thank you Suzuki for a damned nice ABS system.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (GS3)

Interesting that he was mad that you broke the law but its OK for him to drive a vehicle with no doors.

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

I have, thus far, been blessed with serenity when people try to kill me.

I once stopped for a light that was yellow.
    Not even braking hard a little bit.
    I got passed on the left and right by two pickups running the red.
    While the road was 3 lanes wide and I was in the center, both truck were still somehow a little in my lane as they went by.
    I probably could have reached out and touched mirrors on either side.
    In retrospect, this one was my bad. I never stop for yellows anymore.

Last winter, a Ford Explorer changed lanes and put me into the breakdown on route 9.
    Fortunately, it was during a time when there wasn't much snow in the breakdown.
    She about shit herself and slowed down, I just kept the throttle open and brrraaaaped in ahead of her.
    It's times like that that I enjoy having almost no baffles...

Stopped for a school bus on my side of the road once on a divided multi-lane road.
    Guy behind me didn't believe in red flashing lights and was apparently busy texting.
    There was screeching and near missing.
    Passed him doing about +20 while he was crapping himself in the slow lane about 30 seconds later.
    I know that it's illegal, but I'm not sure if I'd ever be the first (or last) to stop for a bus like that again.
    Nothing screams safety like a few large SUVs stopped behind you (except maybe for a vehicle with a light bar).

Some blonde in a ford focus decided to make an illegal u-turn in front of me on route 9.
    Not only is the u-turn illegal - there's no left turn at that light either.
    I was doing 60 and I'm pretty sure that's the hardest braking I've done to date.
    I think she was trying to get into dunkin' donuts :\

A couple times people have really pushed their shit boxes to sneak in ahead of me.
    Just about every time it happens and I feel aggrieved, I take the opportunity to filter
    to the front at the next light past about 15 pairs of cars. That's about as "angry" as
    I get.

Shaking my helmet is cathartic and everyone can see it.
    Pretty sure you can still see disgusted through a tinted visor.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    Interesting that he was mad that you broke the law but its OK for him to drive a vehicle with no doors.
    That is perfectly legal, assuming the vehicle has a rearview mirror, isn't it?

Wirelessly posted (GS3)

The vehicle wasn't designed to have the doors removed. Usually illegal.

TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

I had this happen a few months back on Rt9. Woman in an SUV with tons of those "family" stickers on the back. Grandma and grandpa and daughters and grandkids and dogs and cats...the whole shebang. Damn near ran me into the middle guard rail. I'm on the horn most of the time, and then she finally notices and does the "oh shit" swerve. Now up ahead is the oak street intersection in Natick. I end up behind her at the light. I filter up to her passenger side and knocked on her window. I opened my visor and did it again. She looks over and lowers the window. I say "hey listen, I see you have a big family there. What if I was one of your children that you were wiping off the pavement back there?", she says "oh I'm sorry", I respond "your sorries would mean so much to me as I was being driven away in an ambulance or hearse", she says "But I apologized". My final response was "That doesn't make it ok. Look twice, save a life". I'll admit I was a bit pissed at her...and gunned it past her as the light turned green.

Wirelessly posted (GS3)

I rode into work on Friday. Our driveway Is off a dead end side road that we share with a ford dealer. I turn onto the road and a white panel van is in my lane. I swerve and the woman driving the van doesn't even look up from her texting duties to notice that she almost ran me over. I notice the lettering on the side of the van and recognize it as belonging to the Toyota dealer across the street. I turn around. I go across the street and find the van. The woman is still in the van....texting. I calmly get off my bike and approach her window. I tell her..."you really shouldn't be texting while you're driving. You almost hit me". Her response...well...lets just say it wasn't an apology. That's really too bad for her because the owner of the dealership has a motorcycle. Guess where that bike is right now. That's right....my service dept. And she LOVES us. I'm curious as to what she will have to say when I tell her what happened.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by SVRACER01; 07-09-13 at 08:47 PM.

Experienced some Road Rage Saturday-pic-jpg

According to the NH cop that pulled me over (friend took the picture), all I needed was a mirror on the drivers side.

Wirelessly posted (GS3)

Well, I stand corrected.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast