Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Experienced some Road Rage Saturday

Re: Experienced some Road Rage Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by DankDirtyBird View Post
    We didn't. If we did, I would have walked right into the police station to demand an arrest.
    I don't mean to be that guy but, you were illegally passing and (I'm assuming) speeding, and he's the one who should be in trouble? I'm by no means defending the guy in the Jeep, sounds like a an absolute piece of shit, but when you do shit like that on a bike it gives people a reason to dislike us.

I think it's amazing that people actually do things like this to bikers though. It's happened to me and I'm just blown away by it. They don't seem to understand that they're literally attempting to kill another person at that point. Any sign of aggression from a vehicle and I throttle up and get the fuck out fast. I don't need some asshat with zero common sense making stupid moves in his 2 ton car, because he's gonna win every time if he actually does make contact.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2006 DRZ400SM

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (GS3)

Attempted vehicular manslaughter trumps speeding and illegal passing.
    This point was proven by that redneck shitbag in the pick up that tried to run that bike off the road last year.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    Wirelessly posted (GS3)

Attempted vehicular manslaughter trumps speeding and illegal passing.
    This point was proven by that redneck shitbag in the pick up that tried to run that bike off the road last year.
    I agree, but I also believe that it is going to take some luck (and a camera) for things to turn out that way. Without the camera, I have my doubts about how that particular incident would have ended up being resolved.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by maxim_X View Post
    downshift and let it rip around them. It makes me look like a dick, but it get me around a driver before one can react.
    But it makes US look like Dicks.

Just a thought.

Drivers don't see us and when they do it is because our loud pipes or our crossing yellows or our riding wheelies or our speeding. (I do all those things too). I think we also need to "Think twice" about OUR actions while on a Bike.

Granted, car drivers be crazy and F the police and Hate-a's gonna hate, but...

Edit: Already covered above in other posts, just my .02.

Last edited by Doc; 07-10-13 at 07:11 AM.
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

Out for a spin with zx6rDave on sun having a great time, made our way up backroads to the Kanc. doing some very spirited riding and making both legal and illegal passes, all safely, eventually came up on a vehicle on a long straight in a LEGAL passing zone. I went by and when Dave tried to get by, still in the passing zone, the guy swerved multiple times blocking Daves pass...

https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

This is why you ALWAYS ride in Vermont, where crossing a double yellow is 100% legal.

I do my fair share of double yellow crossing on my bike here in NH, but I typically reserve it for long straightaways where its safe to do so, and only in sections of road that I know will be getting twisty up ahead.

Last edited by SRTie4k; 07-10-13 at 09:03 AM.
    2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

I knew I recognized the GoogleMaps image you posted. Last year while riding through I noticed a guy doing his lawn. He was blowing all the leaves or grass onto the road. It covered the entire right side of the road to the point where you couldn't see pavement. I just shook my head and rode on.

I just recently started passing cars on double yellow in safe areas on roads like this. Now I am rethinking it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SRTie4k View Post
    This is why you ALWAYS ride in Vermont, where crossing a double yellow is 100% legal.

I do my fair share of double yellow crossing on my bike here in NH, but I typically reserve it for long straightaways where its safe to do so, and only in sections of road that I know will be getting twisty up ahead.
    really?

Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

Current: 2016 S1000XR. Past: S1000R, Streefighter S, Monter S2R1000, RC51, CBR600

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftTone View Post
    really?
    http://www.leg.state.vt.us/statutes/...&Section=01035

2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

The minimum objective to riding a motorcycle is to remain alive at least until the ride is over.

Your honor will only get in the way of this.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Sam

A narcissistic SUV driver? There's a shocker.

In sailboat racing we used to talk about the most important Right-Of-Way Rule of all: the "Tonnage Rule."

Last edited by Garandman; 07-10-13 at 09:50 AM.

The take-away I'm getting from all of this are numerous reasons to avoid riding on the street. When I'm out I'm always struggling to ride a "reasonable" pace, whatever that means, but enjoying riding means I'm probably going a little () too fast and passing legally and illegally. I've been in a few situations similar to what's been listed here and the more track time I do the less street riding appeals to me.

O-M-G KINGCAST!!!!

Sam

Luckily, never had this happen to me. Usually slow cars will wave me by, or I'll just wait it out. I DID get a little crazy and pass someone on a double yellow in Cambridge last week. They were going 20 in a 30 though.....just gave me a "beep" after they noticed.

Most attempted muders occur for me when filtering, or just general merging.

Down shift - rip around - take a mirror with me. Later..

Quote Originally Posted by gadget View Post
    O-M-G KINGCAST!!!!
    That was sort of a two-fer.

I think this has happened to most of us. This is why I don't commute on my bike and mostly ride out in the country or on the track. When it did happen to me, I was f*^kin pissed and wanted to do something about it. Would be great if we had cameras like cops do but that's not too practical. As others have mentioned, when I pass I make sure I'm well past whoever is ahead of me before they know it. Tough when you have a group though.

Vent away.

Last edited by NH848; 07-10-13 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DankDirtyBird View Post
    That we are assholes for breaking the law and that he didn't do anything wrong. Once the spit started flying from his mouth as he screamed in my face, I stopped listening.
    He intentionally tried to hurt you and your friend. Why not file a police report against him?

SUV owner mentaility: this woman is from - shocker - Southern California.

Quote Originally Posted by Tressy;396464[I
    The lease on my BMW X5 is ending, I have a 4 year old, a 19 month old, and am due in a couple of months and need a 7 passenger car. My husband really, really wants me to get an Odyssey, but I am hesitant because I am dreading having to drive a minivan. I want a Yukon XL, please convince me that I will be happy driving a minivan if that's what we decide to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    What is wrong with that? Big difference between the Yukon and odyssey. No question in my mind I'd rather drive the Yukon for a number of reasons.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    But it makes US look like Dicks.

Just a thought.

Drivers don't see us and when they do it is because our loud pipes or our crossing yellows or our riding wheelies or our speeding. (I do all those things too). I think we also need to "Think twice" about OUR actions while on a Bike.

Granted, car drivers be crazy and F the police and Hate-a's gonna hate, but...

Edit: Already covered above in other posts, just my .02.
    To pass or not to pass is each rider's choice, but once the decision has been made to pass, the only way to do it is with as much haste and authority and the bike can muster. Leaving time for the driver to react or spending an extra second in the opposing lane is just plain dumb. I know this was not your main point, but there's no place for gentle, polite passing on a double yellow.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

One thing that never fails to amaze me is the stupidity of MA citizenry in times of inclement weather. Just yesterday, I was riding home and the roads were decently wet after a passing shower. I was almost home and had two small town rotaries that I had to pass. On the first rotary, as I was coming on it and having the right of way, I notice this guy in a baseball cap in an SUV. I guess he decided that he was going to be a douchebag because as soon as I got closer, he decided that he was going to press on his gas and peel out in front of me. The idiot apparently didn't account for the water on the road, and fishtailed like a drunken bass for a good two seconds before he righted himself. I damn near had a heart attack, but was able to make up for his stupidity with my amazing reflexes and stopping power. He knew what he did. He could've flipped over and I would've stopped, gotten off the bike, laughed my ass off and called the police. But no, he managed to straighten it out. I follow after him, honking and then flipping off, but unfortunately he go off the second rotary and I moved on. I hope his tires blow, I really do.

Venting aside, I sometimes wonder about passing someone through a double yellow on a straight road, especially if they're going under the speed limit. I swear, sometimes you can feel the palpable narcissism in these assholes, that when they see you, they slow down. And I don't mean the elderly driving. I try to keep myself cool, but since I've started riding, I've noticed how much more I can pick up on assholery now, and my blood just boils.

You need to help yourself first before you can help anyone else.
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R [Haku]
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja EX500 [Kiku]

Lifer
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman

Quote Originally Posted by Tressy;396464[I
    The lease on my BMW X5 is ending, I have a 4 year old, a 19 month old, and am due in a couple of months and need a 7 passenger car. My husband really, really wants me to get an Odyssey, but I am hesitant because I am dreading having to drive a minivan. I want a Yukon XL, please convince me that I will be happy driving a minivan if that's what we decide to do!
    I have a minivan for a beater with the kids, but got the wife a 7 passenger cx9... that thing is so much better than the minivan except not having a galley to walk to the back. Handles better, faster, awd, ftw! Yukon.. yeah that is a big truck, I have to take my aunt's when I go with their kids, they have 4 plus mine... it is like driving a school bus.

Quote Originally Posted by luukasama View Post
    // and fishtailed like a drunken bass //
    Interesting expression.

Quote Originally Posted by luukasama View Post
    //Venting aside, I sometimes wonder about passing someone through a double yellow on a straight road, especially if they're going under the speed limit. I swear, sometimes you can feel the palpable narcissism in these assholes, that when they see you, they slow down. And I don't mean the elderly driving. I try to keep myself cool, but since I've started riding, I've noticed how much more I can pick up on assholery now, and my blood just boils.
    The V-Strom has 4-way flashers. When I come up behind someone like this (or say, a group of cruisers on Route 100) I put my flashers on.

Eventually they realize my flashers are on because they are going so slowly it's a warning to anyone overtaking me. Funny how they always manage to find a reason to pull over shortly thereafter.

The Tiger doesn't have 4-way flashers, so I guess the Brits just flip the bone....

Last edited by Garandman; 07-12-13 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post

The Tiger doesn't have 4-way flashers, so I guess the Brits just flip the bone....
    or twist the wrist...

Lifer

Speaking of road rage. Wholey shite!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast