Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Expired inspection sticker?

Expired inspection sticker?

So my sticker expired 5/31.... The inspection places around me close at 5.

The dilemma... I want to ride tonight.

What's the fine for an expired inspection sticker? Does it hit your points?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Expired inspection sticker?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazinator View Post
    So my sticker expired 5/31.... The inspection places around me close at 5.

The dilemma... I want to ride tonight.

What's the fine for an expired inspection sticker? Does it hit your points?
    It is a moving violation, so it will add points to your license.

'06 Triumph Sprint ST ABS
    '90 Yamaha XT350

not sure but there is one way to find out

Damnit

i havent had an inspection sticker on for 3 years now..
    but ya it is a moving violation and $50 fine

when I first moved to Mass 12 years ago I didn't know bikes needed inspection. Went 4years until I realized and started getting inspections. Highly unlikely you'd get stopped for inspections. More likely to get speeding ticket.

Shit Corey says:
    Quote Originally Posted by hondarider102 View Post
    I think that a smooth motor would help me be a bit smoother

2WT

yea so long as you have a sticker chances are you wont get stopped unless you are riding around in small towns with lots of red lights.
    We got pulled over as a group once because a friend of mine had NO STICKER at all, he'd been riding like that for a few months, gotta
    love the small towns on the way back from Hampton Beach lol, I haven't been riding mine due to the expired sticker and it only takes 2 more points
    for my license to be suspended thanks to the 4 point accident i had. Plus 2 speeding tickets (one in cage, one on bike)

$50 fine for the "no valid inspection sticker", plus because it's a moving violation they tack on another $50 for the Head Injury Victims Fund, and the 1 or 2 point hit to your MA Safe Driver Insurance Plan points rating. That stupid shit follows you on your record for six f'n years! So if you get nailed it's a minimum $100 and the officer has the discretion of towing your vehicle if he even thinks there may be a safety related condition with the vehicle that would keep it from passing the inspection.

You roll the dice that a cop wouldn't pull up behind you at a stop light and notice the lack of a current sticker.

2021 Triumph Street Triple R, Sapphire Black

Thus I am home watching hells kitchen.

where are you located? I think Bay4 in tewksbury closes at 7 on thur/fri for inspections?

This place is 10 miles west of Worcester, open til 7 on Tues thru Friday.

http://www.barnstorm.us/

If you're going there, go soon because where those guys put their shop (a side road off RT9/Main St) no one knows they're there and I predict a short life span.

Quote Originally Posted by SprintPoser View Post
    $50 fine for the "no valid inspection sticker", plus because it's a moving violation they tack on another $50 for the Head Injury Victims Fund, and the 1 or 2 point hit to your MA Safe Driver Insurance Plan points rating. That stupid shit follows you on your record for six f'n years! So if you get nailed it's a minimum $100 and the officer has the discretion of towing your vehicle if he even thinks there may be a safety related condition with the vehicle that would keep it from passing the inspection.

You roll the dice that a cop wouldn't pull up behind you at a stop light and notice the lack of a current sticker.

Head injury fund surcharge only applies to speeding violations.

If true than I stand corrected. I thought that state had started increasing the revenue stream by hitting all moving violations with that. Perhaps that's still in the talking stages?

Any tickets suck in this state because of the insurance scam.

I've been stopped a few times with a bad sticker. Never given an actual ticket for it. I did get a ticket for a bad sticker in my truck a few years ago but when I went to court all they asked was if it was inspected now and if i had my inspection report. As soon as I showed the clerk the report they dropped the ticket. Last sat I was rushing with a buddy to get to a shop for his sticker we happened to pass a car on a double yellow that was doing half the speed limit maybe looking for house numbers. Well right after the pass I see some pretty blue lights. Well the cop walks up gives the normal speech asks us what are hurry is. I came right out and said the other bikes sticker was bad and we were rushing to get to a shop. He ended up being a good shit and said we were all set and then asked if we could still make it to the shop. I asked him legally and he walked away laughing. Well we got to the shop at 5:20 and an employee told us they were closed. It's nice being friends with the owner though cause as soon as he saw Who it was he pulled his bike right in and did the sticker. But he is a nice enough guy that he would probably do it for anybody. J&G performance in Abington MA

2011 ducati 848 evo
    2007 gsxr 1000 totaled
    2003 cbr 954 sold
    2001 cbr 929 sold
    2003 rc 51 stolen
    1993 cbr 1000 gave to a friend
    1990 cbr 600 blew the motor

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Meter maids were giving out tickets for not having an inspection sticker on Newbery Street. or was ir a registration sticker. one or the other

Last edited by nt650hawk; 06-13-12 at 06:03 AM.
    Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Quote Originally Posted by nt650hawk View Post
    Meter maids were giving out tickets for not having an inspection sticker on Newbery Street. or was ir a registration sticker. one or the other
    that would suck for me... my registration sticker is old (lost the new one) and I haven't gotten an inspection this year yet.

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold 9930)

Beginning of June is bad for cops giving tickets for expired inspection stickers. As Gino stated, they specifically look for it in Boston knowing that all bikes expire May 31. I've been ticketed for expired sticker and it is absolutely not worth the fine and increased insurance premium for something as menial as a bad sticker

I got pulled over for no inspection by a motorcycle cop a few weeks ago. He was cool though, told me the bike looked fine and reminded me to get an inspection.

Granted I don't live in Taxachusetts.

2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

You can apparently get them while parked too, so don't leave your bike on a public street without an updated inspection sticker

Quote Originally Posted by QuincyGixxer View Post
    You can apparently get them while parked too, so don't leave your bike on a public street without an updated inspection sticker
    yup, it happened to one of the guys posing with us at Newbury St a few years back. turns out he actually had his new sticker under the passenger seat & forgot to put it on.

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Lifer

There has been a rumor on the internets that MA is checking for expired inspections via the registration computer system. I know they do track that data, you can look it up yourself by the plate. It'll tell you the date of your reg, and the last inspection. I don't know what their tolerance/margin is though, or if it only applies to cars. I don't know anyone who has experienced this personally, or even second-hand. If anyone knows otherwise, please stop me. I'd hate to be passing out bad info. So just know this is very poor quality info.

nedirtriders.com

Call me a goddamn renegade but id not let inspection stop you from a little ride. I mean, geez, we all speed and thats year round! Just tell him you have an inspection appt the next day and be nice and show your bewbs.

Don't Fake the funk on a nasty dunk.

NEW STREET/TRACK: 2007.5 Aprilia Tuono
    STREET/TRACK: '08 CBR600RR (SOLD)
    '07 VFR800 (SOLD)

Each insurance point costs 6% of the insurance premium. All violations are 2 points or more. They stay on your record now for ten years. You also lose your good driver credit. For ten years. Basically you will pay for two years of extra insurance every ten years for a simple violation. Inspection stickers. Remember going a day over so you could get a extra month out of the new one. No more. They are supposed to give you the sticker from the previous month.
    Hers a doozie. My pal left his bike off the road since 2006 but left the plate on the bike. He went to the registry to renew his license. Nope. Gotta pay the registration fees for those past years.
    Bear in mind the registry has a few thousand hacks whos job is to think ways up to fuck the taxpayer. Europe registers a car for life. You pay once. Sales tax once. Same deal for licenses. Governer Weld wanted to introduce that system here. The Democrats would not allow that. How the hell is all their relatives gonna get cushy jobs? They caved a little. He got to reduce fees (taxes). Swift came in next and returned the fees (taxes) to the previous amounts and then increased them.
    Wanna protect your wallet from gov hacks? Vote with your wallet. Fuck issues. Fuck party lines. Vote for who is gonna help you.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Rambunctous; 06-13-12 at 09:15 AM.

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

The policed HOV lane is a nice trap for the PO to pull over cars and bikes. I have seen multiple 2 person occupied vehicles getting pulled over. I can only assume it is for the inspections sticker,

I got pointed over once on the 929. He wanted to see if I had an inspections sticker.

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Don't confuse a moving violation with a surcharge-able incident by an insurance company. You can be subject to points on your insurance without being a moving violation. Mass insurance companies will do anything they can to benefit from us.
    Just saying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast