Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Expired inspection sticker?

Re: Expired inspection sticker?

The new plate scanners will pick up not having a sticker on the windshield of a car.
    Revenue for their jobs hmmmmmm..........Traffic safety. Not the goal but the excuse.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nt650hawk View Post
    The policed HOV lane is a nice trap for the PO to pull over cars and bikes. I have seen multiple 2 person occupied vehicles getting pulled over. I can only assume it is for the inspections sticker,

I got pointed over once on the 929. He wanted to see if I had an inspections sticker.
    Is it legal to ride a bike (without a passenger) in a HOV lane in Mass.?

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    There has been a rumor on the internets that MA is checking for expired inspections via the registration computer system. I know they do track that data, you can look it up yourself by the plate. It'll tell you the date of your reg, and the last inspection. I don't know what their tolerance/margin is though, or if it only applies to cars. I don't know anyone who has experienced this personally, or even second-hand. If anyone knows otherwise, please stop me. I'd hate to be passing out bad info. So just know this is very poor quality info.
    My wife got a ticket in the mail for a failed car inspection (the old sticker had expired for like two weeks), but the kicker is that the time and location on the ticket was when she was pulling into the car dealer to get the car inspected. I'm not sure if the cop was parked in front of the dealer with an automatic plate scanner/ticketing machine, and I'm also not sure if the ticket was even valid, given that it was sent through the mail.

It certainly was annoying to take time off work to get it thrown out.

Joe
    04 Thruxton (Street)
    01 SV650 (Track)
    75 CB400F (Future Vintage Racer)
    68 BSA Royal Star (Garage Floor Lubricator)

Inspection sticker but no print out....that mean its under the table?

turning water into watts Woodsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    yup, it happened to one of the guys posing with us at Newbury St a few years back. turns out he actually had his new sticker under the passenger seat & forgot to put it on.
    Wow. Sombody let him leave the inspection station without the sticker affixed to the plate! IIRC that is a huge no no for thr inspector because he has no way of knowing it is going to go on that bike. Got mine done this morning and the guy actually insisted that he be the one to put it on

Lifer

I got ticketed in NH by a trooper a couple years ago in my pickup. I had a 2nd car as a commuter at the time and the truck spent most of the summers parked. I straight up forgot about it for > 2 months. I was less than half a mile from the house and had just run to get some fuel for the mower. Trooper had no leniency. Asked me if there was any reason I knew of that it would fail, there wasn't. I had just put fresh rubber on that spring. I thought maybe he was going to let me slide. Later I found out it was probably because he was considering having the truck towed.

Was a motorcycle trooper too.

Quote Originally Posted by nt650hawk View Post
    Meter maids were giving out tickets for not having an inspection sticker on Newbery Street. or was ir a registration sticker. one or the other
    It sucks to get the ticket, but that's not a moving violation. My wife's minivan had an expired reg sticker and we hadn't noticed until we got a parking ticket, so they actually saved us!

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    By federal law a motorcycle or hybrid is automatically a HUV regardless of passengers on board.

Last edited by Garandman; 06-16-12 at 01:18 AM.

A fookin' HYBRID is classified as a High Occupancy Vehicle simply for being a hybrid gas-electric powered vehicle? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

A couple years ago I had a Ford Escape Hybrid as my company car, and I wish I knew because I got caught in some horrific jams running up or down I-93, south of Boston. I would see the MA State troopers sitting there and picking people out of the HOV lane. I would bet that Escrap Hybrid would have got nicked because like the Ford Fusion, Chevy Malibu and Toyota Camry hybrid models, it looks no different than a conventional powered one, save a small badge.

You save no time when you get pulled over.

2021 Triumph Street Triple R, Sapphire Black

it's a little easier to get away without one in mass than in NH. NH, you have to have the sticker on your left front shock.

You guys are over thinking it. Just go ride the damn bike and get it done the next chance you get.

And good luck getting a moving violation to stick on a parked bike. A moving violation needs to be written out to an operator.

Last edited by RacerXnh10; 06-17-12 at 07:01 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12