Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Fabrication in/around Medford

Fabrication in/around Medford

So I'm currently working on a small side project bike. Unfortunately I've come to a point where my limited skills can take me no further. The bike is an old 1978 Suzuki GS550, so it's all fairly simple and nothing crazy.

I'm hoping there's someone on the forums who could/would help me finish up some fabrication work. It should be fairly simple:

1. Need a seat pan made. Not 100% sure how this would be made, I have some ideas but would like to run it by someone to see what would work.
    -bonus if they have some upholstering ability!

2. I would like the rear part of the frame cut down. Not sure what the material is (no expert in this area) but it looks like Chrom Moly Steel?

I would pay of course and we can negotiate a price. I'm hoping to save some money (and put some in the pocket of a board member) by not having to go to a shop for simple work.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2000 Suzuki Bandit 600
    1978 Suzuki GS550E (Project)

Lifer

Re: Fabrication in/around Medford

My seat pan was made from carbon fiber / fiberglass and wood. The pad I made from 3/4 neoprene. You can mold the neoprene nicely if you cut it large with a razor then shape it with sandpaper.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?