Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Fairing Repair

Fairing Repair

Just thought I would share this with you guys in case anyone has some fairings they need fixed.

A guy who helped fix my Ducati fairing for next to nothing was in the direct path of hurricane Harvey. He's doing ok and his shop was largely undamaged but things are going to be tough for some time. He's in Texas but does great work at a great price. Did my fairing for next to nothing when I was in college. He actually offered to do it for free after he saw me post online looking for referrals.

Cunningham's Collision
    3319 US-69, Lumberton, TX 77657
    (409) 755-7557

The right side fairing on my 998 was completely trashed. Seemed unrepairable, or at least so expensive that I might as spend the money to buy a used on somewhere else for $$$$. The guys at Cunningham's Collision brought it back to life with absolutely no signs it was ever damaged.

I've been collecting some abused fairings here and there, and will be sending them to him to get fixed. If you have anything you need done, give him a hard look. Great work at a great price.

Fairing Repair-img_3930-jpgFairing Repair-img_3928-jpgFairing Repair-img_3927-jpgFairing Repair-img_3929-jpg

Fairing Repair-img_3216-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fairing Repair-img_3930-jpg  

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by DucatiGuy; 09-05-17 at 10:23 PM.

Lifer

Re: Fairing Repair

I've be researching this for my 2000 VFR. He's doing it right, melting ABS into the damage. Only ABS has the elasticity needed and heating/melting or chemical heating (ABS cement) work.

I'm going to try both methods this off season, as I've soldered quite a bit and have the tools.

Good timing. I have a few things I could send him. Did you have it repainted back at home?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Good timing. I have a few things I could send him. Did you have it repainted back at home?

He painted it, he does collision repair/paint and more. Color is a perfect match.