Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Anyone faster than this guy ? . . . . Crazy bike . . . .

That last link has some dyno charts on it with their Generation 2 turbo.... well OVER 550hp!!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

RSVMILLE661

OK first things first. That is not a Busa. Nor is it a GSX-R 1000 but actually a GSX-R750. You can tell by the subframe mounting points. The busa has an organic look to it while the Gixxer 1000 has a space frame style assembly. Both old and new body styles shared this.
    Secondly, At the bike show I worked this past weekend there was a GSX-R1000 with a Mr.Turbo kit installed. at 6lbs of boost the bike produced 212 Rear wheel HP with 188LB/FT (although I can not remember the exact RPM)
    The owner of the bike said that at 20lbs of Boost max for the system the bike could produce 340HP but it was a hand grenade at that point.
    So my educated guess is that the Dyno chart is a fake.

Please not the Busa pic

http://www.suzukicycles.com/sr_03/sp...bp_gsx1300.htm

And now the 1000 pic
    http://www.suzukicycles.com/sr_03/su...p_gsxr1000.htm

I hope this helps to slove the dilema.

I have studied the chart, it is deceiving, not only cause the torque is in newton meters, also notice that the graphic scale on the HP is 0-450 and the scale on the opposite side for newton meters is 0-400 , in careful examination the HP/Torque crossover is 7120, precisely what it should be, the dyno chart is in sync, it very well could be a real dyno run for that bike, could this be a purpose built bike to win some kinda dyno war? It doesn't really look like a daily rider or even a weekend warrier.

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

RSVMILLE661

Randy,
    Perhaps I'm not reading the chart correctly but it appears that the lines intersect at 8050 +/- RPM not 7125. why can't those Germans leave well enough alone?

You guys are used to naturally aspirated engine dyno graphs.
    The point in which the wastgate blows, will limit total HP. thus the flatter than normal HP curve. If boost was set to unlimited, the torque, and HP would keep climbing, until the engine popped!

That graph looks legit for a forced induction application

Too old to rock and roll, too young to die.

What is plugged into the end of the coolant tube?
    Why is there something plumbed into it?

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Lifer

Can't tell exactly what you're looking at but maybe it's coolant to the turbo?

Don't they usually run oil to the turbo instead though...?

Ben

on the right side of the bike is a watercooled oil cooler, for the turbo, nice trick...

The big aluminum thing on the throttle bodies is the airbox, plastic will expand too much, and cause fluctuations.

The blue thing on the right side of the turbo is the pop-off valve/wastegate assembly....It appears that the clutch has a vacuum slipper device installed too. It could also be used to apply pressure to the pressure plates to keep the clutch from slipping.

I was gonna write something about Turbo's but you guys didn't want to hear it..LOL

Originally posted by RSVMILLE661
    Randy,
    Perhaps I'm not reading the chart correctly but it appears that the lines intersect at 8050 +/- RPM not 7125. why can't those Germans leave well enough alone?
    Scott, look very closely, yes it appears that the lines cross at 8050, but if you replotted the torque at the same scale the HP the crossover would be at 7120 where it's supose to be

I'm not sure the purpose of their using different scales, but occasionally when I draft maps, profiles & cross sections, I used differend scales than normal so that I don't accent designs that are on the edge tolerances in regulations in presentations to planning boards

Last edited by RandyO; 02-14-03 at 03:16 PM.
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Hmm if this is real , then I wonder what it would run in a 1/4 mile . .. .

Hey, TLRMan, don't be confusing the issue with facts!

We were just getting ready to form a lynch mob for that phoney dyno poster. Good excuse for a trip somewhere...

Well, I will say that sucker LOOKS fast. :o

'02 Duc MS4
    "Admit Nothing, Deny Everything, Make Counter-Accusations"

I would have commented on this earlier, but I had too much work to deal with..now to settle something here..

My next question is why do you think the HP and Torque is supposed to cross at 5252?

Let me toss an example at you..what if you had an engine that made max hp at 5000 rpms??? How can the torque, and HP cross at 5252?

You are confusing the "constant" 5252, with something else, (RPM's)
    5252 is a constant used to figure out horsepower by calculating what Watt figured out a long time ago.
    One HP is 33,000 foot pounds of work per minute, or the ability to raise 550 lbs1 foot in one second. Foot pounds is the measurement of force on a lever, that has a length of 1 foot. By using PI, 3.1416, you can calculate the distance traveled in one revolution by this lever or crankshaft (PI*2= 6.2832 round). Now if you know the torque of an engine at a certain RPM, you can then calculate how much the engine has in foot pounds per minute worth of work, at a certain RPM.
    If you divide the amount of ft/lbs/min of work, by 33,000 (1 hp), you will find the horsepower generated by the engine.

By simple calculations, you can come to a "Constant Number" that never changes, and this is 5252 round..> 33,000/ 6.28 round (round means rounding off the numbers)

Now the answer to my above question...If an engine peaks it's HP below the constant 5252, the torque #'s will always be greater than the HP. If the engine peaks it's HP above the 5252 constant, the hp #'s will always be greater than the torque.
    so 5252 is the crossover point between HP and torque.

Ben is correct about the NM to Ft/lb conversion and that is to multiply NM by .74 to get ft/lb so the bike on that dyno has 270 ft/lbs of torque.
    It's common to see up to 25% slippage at the rear wheel when you are cranking this kind of power on a tire thats maybe 3 inches wide at the contact point.

Last edited by TLRMan; 02-14-03 at 10:41 PM.

I signed up to this forum just for this thread.... GMS1000: yes the turbo replaces ram air, the turbo sucks in air and compresses it to so many psi and forces it into the engine. Ram air doesn't suck in air, but it captures it by using a certain shaped box that forces the air into the carbs or t.b.'s(throttle bodies)-hence the name ram air. I know someone asked earlier what was the box that is under the gas tank, to me it looks like a carb cover. This is one part that is used to turbocharge a carbuerated engine. In order for a carb to have any compressed air going through it, every part of it has to be pressurized. So by putting the carbs in a sealed box everything is pressurized. If you don't do this it would blow the gas out of the float bowl b/c it is seeing atmospheric pressure and compressed air from the turbo.Most likely that confused alot of people or hopefully cleared things up. As for the dyno you could go either way, take a look at what some of the turbo charged 4 cylinder engines in cars make. I have seen some honda's(ugh) that are 1.5 litres 1500cc's that make upwards of 600 hp with the use of turbos and nitrous, but for how long it stays together is another story. For me I would have to see this bike go on the dyno and see the #'s in person to believe it. In reality the bike probably makes more around 250-300 hp which is more than enough for anybody. If you check out www.mrturbo.com you can see what there turbo bikes are making for hp figures in comparison.

Last edited by DsmGixxer600; 02-21-03 at 01:10 PM.

Hey just wondering ,how much it would cost to pay someone to turbo charge a hayabusa ?

Just wondering cause I know I don't have a Hayabusa

from what i've read, it cost 2-3 grand for one of the mr turbo set-ups. but there at the low end of the scale. if you want 4-500hp, you're lookin at 5-$7000.

peace

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12