Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

feels like a new bike

feels like a new bike

I just swapped out the forks and front wheel I bought off ebay, as bad as stock SV forks are reputed to be, a fork with 5k is better than one with 115k, and I have a straight front wheel now so my brakes don't turn it into a pogo stick anymore.

now that I have a decent fork, I don't think I have to get a new rear shock, even though the rear felt bad, I think it was all in the fork.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

feels like a new bike

How much work was that to swap out?

I am thinking of a new upper clamp & Clip-ons I'm curious if it's a pain in the arse? I think what I did will be a lot simpler seeing I dont have to remove the whole front end just the bars levers, master brake cylinder, sterring dampner, fairing stay...

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

feels like a new bike

Originally posted by Half Squid

I am thinking of a new upper clamp & Clip-ons I'm curious if it's a pain in the arse? I think what I did will be a lot simpler seeing I dont have to remove the whole front end just the bars levers, master brake cylinder, sterring dampner, fairing stay...
    took mark & I about 2 hours total, that included swapping my tire onto the new rim. real easy with my Eazyrizer lift it wouldn't have been as easy with a front end stand

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

feels like a new bike

Just the clipons are fairly easy, I followed the manual and the stock bars came out, and the new DK ones went right on
    http://www.dea.net/images/scotts-clipons.jpg
    http://www.dea.net/images/scotts-clipons1.jpg

When I was talking to Peter at GMD when I got the new tires mounted he said I could have actually just taken off the top of the tripple and slid the old clipons 'up' instead of dropping the forks

feels like a new bike

Originally posted by slingblade

When I was talking to Peter at GMD when I got the new tires mounted he said I could have actually just taken off the top of the tripple and slid the old clipons 'up' instead of dropping the forks
    Thats exactly what I was planning on doing! Sliding only the top tripple off! So it is possible! That will save me a ton of work!

Now Greg tell me did this improve your riding position? Thats what I'm looking for!
    I was thinking of getting the SATO's, but those Dk's look nice!

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

feels like a new bike

Thats exactly what I was planning on doing! Sliding only the top tripple off! So it is possible! That will save me a ton of work!

Now Greg tell me did this improve your riding position? Thats what I'm looking for!
    I was thinking of getting the SATO's, but those Dk's look nice!
    It did a little, but I can still feel it in my wrists. My neck/back never hurt before, it was always my wrists. Havn't had a 300+ mile day this year yet [excuse] Work has been crazy busy and its work all day and then come back and work all night so my sleep schedule is all whacked too [/excuse]

I wanted the Satos but they were on backorder, so DK had designed "his" version. They are mostly the same, just that they aren't "hinged" but thats no big deal.

Doublecheck the manual to see if it is, but I dont see why it isn't. My wheel was off because of the tire anyway

feels like a new bike

Randy I do have a stock SV650 shock off of my 02- 8k miles on it.
    If you ever want to swap out your shock for another stocker-let me know.

feels like a new bike

Mike, I think Sato stopped making their's till they redisegned them. They were having some issues from what I heard.

Jamie