Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

FI Tuners/Tuneboy

Re: FI Tuners/Tuneboy

Quote Originally Posted by ArticRubi View Post
    I can't abide using TuneECU. The guy blatantly pirated Wayne's property and quite literally took food off that man's table as a result. If TuneBoy were a big multinational corporation making hundreds of millions of dollars, I'd care a lot less. Fact is it's Wayne and his wife and it's how he provides for his family.
    How do you figure? If they actually pirated/copied code, Wayne could have them off the net in about 3 seconds. Start sending DMCAs which cost zilch, done. The protocol to speak to the ECU cannot be copy-written however, so it's fair game to anyone who wants to write their own interface.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: FI Tuners/Tuneboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    How do you figure? If they actually pirated/copied code, Wayne could have them off the net in about 3 seconds. Start sending DMCAs which cost zilch, done. The protocol to speak to the ECU cannot be copy-written however, so it's fair game to anyone who wants to write their own interface.
    This.

My street was tuned by John at DynoSolutions in CT. Zero issues, I wish I had done it years ago, it made it a whole new bike. John is always poking around on BoRn shoot him a message I'm sure he'd be willing to help out... using TuneECU.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12