Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

F'in TURKEYS

F'in TURKEYS

I had a run in with a damn turkey this morning on the way to work. Smashed my headlight, cowl and scuffed my dang paint job on the tank. It happened at 5:30 this morning so I haven't seen all the damage in the daylight yet.
    The bird is dead after I stepped on it's frickin head a dozen times and I feel a bit better as well.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    out with the old

2003 Z1000 w/ Pazzo levers, ZX9 master w/ H E L SS lines, Renthal ultra lows,636 suspension, ZX10 wheels/ brakes/ rotors, Hyper Pro dampener, Gilles Rearsets, Full muzzy with PC111 and other none essentials

In with new

2010 Z1000 w/ smoke Pazzo's, CRG's Arrows and FMF Apex exhaust

Re: F'in TURKEYS

sorry bro. at least your alright. that thing hit you in the chest it could have taken you off the bike.

you should eat it

2010 Kawasaki Z1000

Pics???

that sucks. Derek told me about the mishap in the back of the truck, i hope you didn't just fix all that and then have this happen.

how are you doing? you told us about the bike, but not about you.

Hope you are ok, atleast your bike has minimal body work!

http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic306_2.gif

Hawk Is Respectable Now WordTooYoMamma's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (Tilt: HTC-8900/1.2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.6))

glad your ok brotha, parts can be fixed, but how often can you justify stomping a turkey to death? don't tell peta.... they would blame you for hitting the turkey

Quote Originally Posted by jcbell1007 View Post
    that sucks. Derek told me about the mishap in the back of the truck, i hope you didn't just fix all that and then have this happen.

how are you doing? you told us about the bike, but not about you.
    I am fine, the turkey flew right into the bike. It would have been a whole lot worse if he had hit me, defiently. Derrick said you came up the other day, did you get to see Mike's ride? Talking to Mke this morning he has money in hand to to his ride back together and now I am out for hopefully just a short time.

out with the old

2003 Z1000 w/ Pazzo levers, ZX9 master w/ H E L SS lines, Renthal ultra lows,636 suspension, ZX10 wheels/ brakes/ rotors, Hyper Pro dampener, Gilles Rearsets, Full muzzy with PC111 and other none essentials

In with new

Quote Originally Posted by WordTooYoMamma View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Tilt: HTC-8900/1.2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.6))

but how often can you justify stomping a turkey to death? they would blame
    it was a real stress reliever at that moment and time but I did get a funny look from a passes truck.
    I plan on a few pics tonite and if the turkey is still there I'll give him one last stomp good bye.

Last edited by RS117; 05-18-09 at 11:14 AM.
    out with the old

In with new

I've almost clipped a few Turkeys while on the bike. 20+ lb bird with a 6 foot wing span, you're lucky it got the bike and you stayed up right.

If there's any heavy damage your insurance will cover it without raising your rates.

As for Turkeys....I think the damn state is nearly over run with them. Wish those oh so smart people at the VT fish and game dept would wake up.

I am really curious how the insurance will cover my paint. I am stoping at my painters on the way home to get an estimate.

out with the old

In with new

couple more pics

out with the old

In with new

Hawk Is Respectable Now WordTooYoMamma's Avatar

I'm going to go home from work and eat a big turkey sandwich and rest easy knowing I kept one turkey off the road.

well, thats one more turkey than I got this turkey season.

did you have a license to take that big game bird???

glad you're ok. good luck with the ins companies. I heard mike got the money and hoping he can get it back together soon.

i hit one at around 50mph about 2 weeks ago. thing must've clipped my light/upper fairing on its way to blasting me in the shoulder.

after i checked for damage (wasn't any), i started laughing at the oily feathers that were pasted to the front of my mirror. the stalk was "adjusted" all the way in towards the bike, but i just pulled it back to where it's supposed to be and rode off into the distance.

they really are ludicrously fucking stupid. i don't even understand how they've avoided natural selection...

...adventure timeadventure time...adventure time...adventure time
    hurray, strikethrough!

they haven't avoided natural selection. they're only here because we purposely breed them.

2010 Kawasaki Z1000

there was a woman in VT a couple years ago riding a GSXR-750. got t-boned by a turkey and it knocked her down a 50 foot embankment. f-d her up good, broken hip, shoulder and ribs i think.

Fuck those things. I got one in the windshield last year at 70MPH in my jeep.

You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

a few years ago, somewhere near Keene, NH on Rt 9, a guy was killed when he hit a turkey with his Goldwing

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Quote Originally Posted by spicy View Post
    they really are ludicrously fucking stupid. i don't even understand how they've avoided natural selection...
    Only kinda. Sure they'll eat nearly anything, including marbles, bottle caps, and so on. But they do have really good vision and hearing. But also, it's a wild critter...they have no idea those things that are moving are gonna hurt them just as bad as one of their predators will.

However a few years ago you were lucky to see wild turkeys, nowadays you're lucky to walk out your door without tripping over them. I think the state needs to do something about that...which they won't. Not enough people hunt them, should be no closed season like with coyotes up here. Naw. Can't make too much sense, that's not allowed.

Ok, if I hit this thing with a bike or quad, then lop it's head off with an ax, how do i go about skinning it and eating it?

Yamaha

Just use the small caliber rifle and spack its head. I mean, uhm, get a big honking kettle of water boiling, dip it in a few times then have fun plucking. After wards, get your trusty knife out and cut from its ass up to the bottom of the breast....reach in an start scooping. Knife will take it's neck off.

If you wanted to skin it and not deal with feathers / plucking, start carving around its ass and gently slice the skin while lifting it, try not to cut the meat all up. It's a pain to do at times though, Skinning it without plucking first. If you know anyone who turkey / goose / duck hunts they might have a power plucker and would know how to clean it up for you

I like my cool old bike. Ericthejet's Avatar

Bummer getting clipped by a turkey.
    I have seen them on more than one occasion while out on rides.
    Perhaps a "turkey whistle" needs to be invented?

Quote Originally Posted by RS117 View Post
    couple more pics
    Don't forget, if the insurance company does cover it, that dent you got in the tank was from the beak.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast