Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I think I finally decided on my track bike!

Re: I think I finally decided on my track bike!

Quote Originally Posted by weman View Post
    i would have looked at the 636 he has set up with race plastics on it for much less
    i'm with the homo in the pink shirt.

i like the 636 better than the GSXR.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Quote Originally Posted by imkindafkedup View Post
    It has been down no doubt about it. It dosn't have a clean title because of that. I'm sure A LOT of people's track bikes don't have clean titles though. Ryan is a good guy, I'm sure he'd much rather see me happy at the track then back at his place with a lemon.

Def....if the #s are good its a better deal than most get....Mine was a similar issue...squid buys 1k squid dumps it sells it back to dealer and i picked it off for 6k and it is a 06 1K with less than 3k at the time....clean title

I rather buy a used bike over a 10K debt....

Wow! Someone's asking top-dollar for some of those bikes, eh?

Did I just see 4400 for that thing?

For whatever it's worth, you can get alot more bike for equal or shorter money if you're in the right place at the right time.

For example--> I got a 2001 929 for...well, let's just call it the very low 4K range.

It hasn't been crashed like the Suzi you posted and it wasn't ridden like the Suzi you posted.

I'm not recommending a certain displacement range, rather I'm recommending finding a better deal on a bike that has better documentation of its history (clean title, mileage, etc)

Point is, look into private sales on known-straight but completely or mostly stock street legal bikes and you can sell off the OEM stuff for upgrades you might need/ want.

Selling your straight OEM plastics can pay for race body work and rearsets alone.

I looked at the 636, and it need more work then this bike does. I even looked at the other 06 gsxr which needs more work then this one too. I am getting a very good deal on this I think. The reason why I dont want to go with a bike that needs alot of work is because I don't have the time.

Quote Originally Posted by imkindafkedup
    I looked at the 636, and it need more work then this bike does. I even looked at the other 06 gsxr which needs more work then this one too. I am getting a very good deal on this I think. The reason why I dont want to go with a bike that needs alot of work is because I don't have the time.
    Just know the the bike that's pictured in this thread is a $3000 bike at best...I'll leave the other bikes alone for now...like that 4200 dollar '02 FZ1...

I could see the current asking price on the Suzi as reasonable if there was suspension or something but in reality, it's just a crashed Gixxer with race plastics and a fart can. Frame and swingarm damage = a total loss

If you look into a previously street-ridden bike then what's considered "alot of work"? Taking off plastics, directionals and mirrors for selling? Shit dude, buy me beer and I'll do all that for ya.

I firmly believe you can find a completely straight bike for the same or even less money.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Mr. Hobbs a great guy and he runs a great business but after seeing some of those prices, I won't be hopping on that bandwagon anytime soon.

Last edited by butcher bergs; 03-03-08 at 11:56 PM. Reason: pea pods and pancakes

Im with BERG there just like Argo's>>>High..........but keep an eye on the want ad or craigs list...you can do a bit better and poss get a clean title too..

Note: Im not shittin on UR stuff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12