Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

well it finally happened...after 8 years of riding i wrecked

Re: well it finally happened...after 8 years of riding i wrecked

you can also put an air bubble in the rear to make it slightly squishy if you're worried about locking it

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Equal opportnity offender Lxpony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxim_X View Post
    When getting a salvage bike back it must be inspected by the state police. It can't have any damage for the inspection. Anyway, I had a very similar crash except there was a turn right before the light so when I flipped I was hurled into the grass on the outside of the turn, not the pavement and car in front. I'm glad you are OK. The lesson I learned was don't touch the rear brake in a panick.

Take note from this guy.. he knows crashing.....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Glad you're ok man. I saw your pics on your FB first before this thread (haven't been on here in a while). As for the rear brake comments, I could not agree more. Rear brakes (in my experience on the street) cause more harm than good. I think you have a SS braided brake line on your rear brake if I remember correctly?

When I had my Honda, I put SS braided on the front and rear. I was constantly locking up the rear brake all the time. When I got the GSXR I purposely left the rear line alone and kept the OEM rubber line. I have yet to lock it up. Once you get the bike back on the road my recommendation to you is to put the rubber line back on the rear. It will help reduce the chances of a lockup in my opinion.
    While I see your logic in the rubber lines making the rear less sensitive to input, how about just learning to modulate your rear brake while under pressure? Practice some panic stops so you get muscle memory, etc. I've had several emergency stops, swerves, etc and rarely lock up the rear such that I lose control of my bike. Balance is the key, not dumbing down the brakes. No offense.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

rrrright down by da beach island boyeee's Avatar

Sorry to hear man, hope you heal quickly. Definitely learned your lesson the hard way about staying away from the rear brake.

I just went through the whole salvage inspection process last year, so if you have any questions let me know.

They didn't care about any aftermarket stuff as long as it wasn't on the list of items damaged. Make sure you have a valid receipt for every piece you need to replace though. In some cases, I just added things to a shopping cart online, and printed the checkout screen. If necessary, make the purchase, print the receipt, and then cancel right away.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    08 Triumph Daytona 675, Jet Black w/ Gold
    dirty bike: 2015 KTM 250 XC-F

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12