Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Finding storage

Finding storage

I can't keep a bike at the condo complex I'm at. Is there any good place to store a bike that I wont mind keeping my car at?

BTW: Your house isn't a good place :p

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Finding storage

Originally posted by slingblade
    BTW: Your house isn't a good place :p

i dunno guys, looks like the newbies are getting smarter.

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

Finding storage

Originally posted by JCzx12
    Why can't you keep your bike there? I live in a townhouse complex and I park my bike on my front walk.
    It wouldn't have been a problem untill 2 weeks ago. My GF and I have 3 cars, My 96 Impala SS, 95 Subaru wagon (commuter/winter ride) and her Jeep Cherokee. They instituted a '2 car maximum' rule so as it is were screwed They just got real anal about parking cause ppl were parked everywhere this winter.

Were on the 2nd floor and theres a guy downstairs from me that has a sweet R1 parked on his porch, too bad I'm not on the 1st floor!

I was thinking about self storage units, but I dont trust keeping a car there while the bike is out, and its generally a PITA.

Finding storage

Originally posted by JCsGrly
    I don't know how much land area around your place you have - BUT and though it's not the safest idea in the world it's better than nothing??? I almost got one of those huge rubbermaid/no leak storage thingies from home depot last year ... would have been just the right size to wheel it in and that'd be about it. they lock and everything - yeah its pretty cheesy but for people that dont have space or a safe place to store something thatd work I suppose?

no friends nearby that live somewhere with more parking or their own garage/shed????
    Yea, that definatly wont work. I'm trying to convince my GF we can keep a bike at her parents house though Dont think that'll fly though

Finding storage

I don't have any suggestions for ya. But I'm next in line to take that Impala for a blast. Called it!

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Finding storage

Originally posted by Stoneman
    I don't have any suggestions for ya. But I'm next in line to take that Impala for a blast. Called it!
    haha, the Impala is pretty fun. Just a couple of mods too

Finding storage

Originally posted by slingblade
    haha, the Impala is pretty fun. Just a couple of mods too
    Ah, yes. The family man's Corvette. I fuggin' LOVE those things. A neighbor of my parents had one that he had about $20K into in engine/suspension/sound system mods. That thing was increbible!

Finding storage

Originally posted by JCsGrly
    if her parents have room and ur on their good side i dont see why itd be such a problem??? talk to them
    SILENCE!!!

Finding storage

Originally posted by Stoneman
    Ah, yes. The family man's Corvette. I fuggin' LOVE those things. A neighbor of my parents had one that he had about $20K into in engine/suspension/sound system mods. That thing was increbible!
    No family, I just like my space in the car As of now, its got a cam, basic intake and exhaust mods, some suspension goodies too. Best so far (and I have a new fuel pump coming) is 14.2@97mph, 2.2 60 foot time. With the cam I should go 13s

As for the GF's parents house, It is an option, but more of a last resort. Its like an hour away, and keeping my car there while I have the bike out isn't an option.

rethink the self storage unit

I know that it is not the best but I've done that in the past and never had any problems. Get one to store the bike in and use it for any other crap too. Check around-I used one in Lowell that was great-I stored a bunch of stuff including my bike and a couple of portable generators.....but check the fine print regarding the storage of flammable liquids, etc.-that may include the gas in the bike so be careful saying more than you need too

PD

Re: rethink the self storage unit

Originally posted by Pearldog
    I know that it is not the best but I've done that in the past and never had any problems. Get one to store the bike in and use it for any other crap too. Check around-I used one in Lowell that was great-I stored a bunch of stuff including my bike and a couple of portable generators.....but check the fine print regarding the storage of flammable liquids, etc.-that may include the gas in the bike so be careful saying more than you need too

PD
    How much was the unit? Did they care if you had your car parked there while you had the bike out?

I was under the impression that it was somewhere near $100/mo and getting dropped off if I want to ride would flat out suck.

I suppose if it was close enough I could have a mountain bike ad store that in the unit while I have the bike out

Finding storage

RE: Use

I just parked my car in the regular parking lot. The business was run by a very nice older couple that had no problems with me leaving the car. Also, the units do cost 100+ (depending upon size) but I had other crap to store so it made sense. I was living in an apartment the size of a closet. I have multiple skis, bicycles etc.- Is you condo unit packed with stuff? Try a 10x10 and call around.

As far as the locks go-the self-storage place I went to allowed you to use your own lock. The only way for someone else to get in was to cut mine.

PD

Finding storage

RE: Use

I just parked my car in the regular parking lot. The business was run by a very nice older couple that had no problems with me leaving the car. Also, the units do cost 100+ (depending upon size) but I had other crap to store so it made sense. I was living in an apartment the size of a closet. I have multiple skis, bicycles etc.- Is you condo unit packed with stuff? Try a 10x10 and call around.

As far as the locks go-the self-storage place I went to allowed you to use your own lock. The only way for someone else to get in was to cut mine.

PD
    Yea, I dont have much other reason to get a self storage other than a bike. I'd be happy with a 5x8 closet type

Maybe I shouldn't have counted out the 'At my house' option for responses

Re: rethink the self storage unit

...I stored a bunch of stuff including my bike and a couple of portable generators.....but check the fine print regarding the storage of flammable liquids, etc.-that may include the gas in the bike so be careful saying more than you need too

PD

It pays to be polite