Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Fitness for riding...

Lifer

Fitness for riding...

Someone asked a while ago...

Just gotta reiterate how good bicycling is for strengthening your back/legs for riding.

Yesterday was the first day in a while (3 weeks?) I rode my VFR. It is by no means a rack but I have been doing a lot of bicycling (300 miles last week alone)...

So the VFR is feeling really weird yesterday. On the way home it finally dawns on me, it feels like it has ape hangers after all the bicycling, and I realize I'm sitting up dead straight on the highway at 90mph not tucked in at all and it doesn't feel tiring in any way.

It is *really* weird how balanced & comfy I feel motorcycling after that much bicycling. It's like the effort to hold your upper body up doesn't even register.

Again the VFR is by no means a rack but at other times I have gotten wrist/arm/back soreness from riding it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Fitness for riding...

interesting,
    i have been doing lots of dirtbiking over the past 6 months.

ashley is a bear to drag through the woods, sand and ice.

dirt biking is a very different workout than bicycling, but its a serious workout none the less.

i got on the z1k yesterday and i couldn't believe how light and tiny she felt. like a tiny dense little rocket!!! Highways and speed were nothing, much unlike the start of most seasons in the past for me.

as soon as this semester at school ends and the snow melts outta the woods by my house i plan on getting a lot of mtn biking added to the mix for the cardio benefits.

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Fitness for riding...

I've been riding on frost heave roads, you have to use your legs for enhanced suspension, it's a workout for me anyway.

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Fitness for riding...

I need to get a mt. bike. Figured it be great training for the track.

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

Lifer

Fitness for riding...

2-3 hours per day at the gym yoga class once a week and a few yoga posses in the morning. I didn't need a jack to change the tire on my truck this morning I just held it up with my left arm.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Lifer

Fitness for riding...

Dude did the person running the Yoga class tell you the injection was just "Buddha juice" ?

Lifer

Fitness for riding...

Nope.

Did the guy at the 150 mile marker tell you that you weren't welcome and you need to just ride back home?

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

I Dance With Will

Fitness for riding...

i got on the 10r yesterday and didn't feel any heavier and i didn't even workout.

another thought is the longer im on the bike the more risk im taking. you gotta get off and relax. you don't have to stay on it allday.

"fuckit!"

Fitness for riding...

I got on my bro's R6 track bike this past weekend just for kicks... and it seemed a bit different than last time...

I can't figure out if it the difference was due to my new love of yoga or the fact that I'm having a baby in 6ish weeks...

You're right... probably the yoga... increased shoulder and wrist strength....

GO TO TONY'S TRACK DAYS!
    I'm Bikeless.

Fitness for riding...

Exercise? What's that?

I got a motorcycle so I wouldn't have to pedal