Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

f'n bureaucratic hacks

f'n bureaucratic hacks

inspections in NH

freeking hacks will let a salesman talk them into anything.

I will be telling my local reps to support Sen. Letorneau's bill

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

f'n bureaucratic hacks

Thats incredible.

For once; Mass got it right and Nh got it wrong The world is coming to an end.

f'n bureaucratic hacks

What's the word I'm looking for?

Oh yeah "kickback"

You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

Everybody to the limit!

f'n bureaucratic hacks

What the?

Emissions testing in new hampshire starting in April? I assume that's for cars too?

anybody got a catalytic converter I can borrow for a few days?

f'n bureaucratic hacks

It is obvious that there is some sort of "payoff" involved here. It also shows the complete ignorance of legislators and other government officials with regards to their knowledge (or lack, thereof in this case) of motorcycles.

LRRS#167

f'n bureaucratic hacks

Originally posted by lrrs167
    It is obvious that there is some sort of "payoff" involved here. It also shows the complete ignorance of legislators and other government officials with regards to their knowledge (or lack, thereof in this case) of motorcycles.
    I don't see any ignorance of legislatures here, infact... there's one trying to set it straight. this is clearly the bureaucrats at Dept of Safety and executives at Gordon-Darby NHOST Services, Inc, and the exectutive council backing CraigBenson's internet connectivity inniative

RandyO
    IBA#9560

f'n bureaucratic hacks

Sounds like a big worry all for not. I would NOT rule out emissions testing for ALL states at some point soon as cat's have already started to appear on bikes...but I'd say you guys are safe for now.

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

f'n bureaucratic hacks

The big problem isn't that we will have to have emissions testing.

The problem is that the Dept ofSafety and Gordon-Darby NHOST Services, Inc, want every motorcycle inspection station to buy unnecessary OBD equipment that cannot even be used on a motorcycle. However the cost of the OBD equipment will be passed on to us as consumers

Did anybody read the article or just the headline?

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Yup....got it.

No wonder the service guy though the letter was a "scam."
    -Suf Daddy

Originally posted by RandyO
    The problem is that the Dept ofSafety and Gordon-Darby NHOST Services, Inc, want every motorcycle inspection station to buy unnecessary OBD equipment that cannot even be used on a motorcycle. However the cost of the OBD equipment will be passed on to us as consumers

Suf Daddy.

f'n bureaucratic hacks

"emissions" testing is a joke

all itis is a friggin obd2 scan tool
    plugs in
    checks to see if cat is working
    All it does is compare O2 V from pre cat
    to o2 V post cat
    and poof it checks "emissions"

there is no sniffer involved

easy way to fool it too
    on WRX's when u put in a dpwnpipe it eliminates tha last cat

so u buy a $5 CEL fix
    tricks the ecu AND obd scan port into thinking all is ok

again
    1995 and lower need not apply since there is no scanning done

http://www.theunionleader.com/articl...?article=48319 http://www.theunionleader.com/articl...?article=48322

Last edited by svridah03; 12-21-04 at 03:29 AM.
    copper 03 SV650S
    blue 01 banshee

Lifer

f'n bureaucratic hacks

This is hysterical in a sick kind of way.

Most of us on this board like to tinker with our bikes and keep them running as good as we can. This usually means that they are burning as clean as possible given the components on the engine, i.e. we are getting every bit of energy out of every ounce of gasoline. Carburators can only do so much. Fuel injection is relatively new on bikes, and is able to adjust much better, and has upped the ante for bike performance. We have been lucky enough to not have to live through the lack of reliability of the early FI systems in cars (anyone ever had an original "K" car). But, regardless of the intake design, we get concerned when our street riden bikes back fire going into a turn, don't start right up, smell funny, etc.

Now, take Joe Harley on his Fat Boy with open pipes and the screamin beagle carb kit. The one that smells like he is riding around with the choke on all the time, back fires at idle, etc. You know, loud pipes save lives, and all.

Who do you think will make it through an inspection?

SSearchVT

For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar...

f'n bureaucratic hacks

Originally posted by SSearchVT

Who do you think will make it through an inspection?

Both..... cause they ain't going to be testing for emmisions. this whole deal has to do with inputting you vehicle information over the internet directly to Dept of Safety

you will fail if you haven't paid child support if you owe it.

RandyO
    IBA#9560

f'n bureaucratic hacks

Both..... cause they ain't going to be testing for emmisions. this whole deal has to do with inputting you vehicle information over the internet directly to Dept of Safety

you will fail if you haven't paid child support if you owe it.

and this is bad why????

If you owe child support and don't(can't) pay then sell the fucking bike and make up a payment plan. This boils down to 'I'm not affected because I follow the law of the land', if you don't want to then fucking leave. Seriously I don't want to have to pay someone elses' child support in taxes if the fuckker who owes is riding around on a FLHXALNMA harley or whatever.

f'n bureaucratic hacks

It's supose to be a SAFETY inspection, not a look up your record, the PROPER time to do that kind of stuff is when you REGISTER your vehicle, not to have a private inspection garage do the state's dirty work.

child support is only one of the things the computer checks your VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER for....

wouldn't it piss you off if you bought a vehicle from somebody who has something in the system that hasn't been updated, and you get failed cause of bureaucratic stupid shit

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Lifer

f'n bureaucratic hacks

For What it's worth they are supposedly going to start sniffing exhausts for real on bikes in 2008, with a ramp up to stricter regulations by 2010 or something.

I would imagine by then a lot of the FI gremlins will be sorted out... it'll just be interesting to see what Harley does.

f'n bureaucratic hacks

It's supose to be a SAFETY inspection, not a look up your record, the PROPER time to do that kind of stuff is when you REGISTER your vehicle, not to have a private inspection garage do the state's dirty work.

child support is only one of the things the computer checks your VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER for....

wouldn't it piss you off if you bought a vehicle from somebody who has something in the system that hasn't been updated, and you get failed cause of bureaucratic stupid shit

But it is a STATE SAFTEY INSPECTION, meaning they set the rules, and by getting a STATE SAFTEY INSPECTION you are accepting thier rules. Either way it's the STATE that requires the info, if the private inspection garage doesn't want to they don't have to.

This falls under the 'IT DOESN"T APPLY TO ME BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE' rule. Me, Dustin has absolutely nothing to hide form my state, I pay taxes, and I don't commit crimes(anymore). Do you know how easy it is to look up anyone's record on-line?

No I wouldn't, because in RI you eed to rgister the vehicle before inspection, and to do that you need a bill of sale, if under 10 yrs you need a title, and a valid RI STATE ID, with a mailing address. If you have something to hide then poo on you, if the garages don't want to spend the extra cake on the systems then they don't do inspections anymore, whaddya want me to say.

f'n bureaucratic hacks

I guess you don't get the drift...

motorcycles don't have a OBD connection, but they have to buy the equipment from the state mandated supplier just to input the VIN info when all they need is SOFTWARE for a computer they most likely already have or can get cheaper from another source

in NH when you are going to have a problem is when you get something inspected on a temporary registration (temp tags are good for 20 days but you only have 10 to inspect) or more likely when the state fucks up...

and YES I do have stuff to hide from the state, whether legal or not, my life is my life, maybe you are happy with the state knowing every time you fart, but that's not my idea of liberty, I just don't think my life is any of their business, and especially not the business of a private garage. After all... the NH state motto is " LIVE FREE OR DIE"

THE WHOLE POINT of the is thread is that NH State Senator Letourneau of Nashua is introducing a bill that peeps should get their local reps to support.

Last edited by RandyO; 12-21-04 at 02:45 PM.
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

f'n bureaucratic hacks

Maybe you don't get the drift...

If the shops don't want to buy the equipment from a company that the state wants them to, then they don't have to, they just won't be able to do any inspections.

There was a stink here about all the little shops that couldn't afford the newest inspection equipment, they all cried foul because they wouldn't be able to collect the fees. If you want to collect the fees then buy the equipment, if not then don't.

I might be wrong,(and probaly am), but I bet this is the same equipment car inspection stations are gonna need to buy also.

With that said, the bike shops should get a discount on the equipment.

Jay Gordon is the president of Gordon-Darby, the private vendor the Department of Safety had selected to supply the emission testing equipment to all inspection stations.

He said the company is now working with the state Division of Motor Vehicles at the Department of Safety on a measure to modify the requirement motorcycle stations lease emissions testing equipment from Gordon-Darby NHOST Services, Inc.
    oh wait a minute, is seems this might already be in the works

Lifer

f'n bureaucratic hacks

Sevens...

The thread is about an order for BIKE inspection shops to buy gear to plug into CARS.

Car ECUs all have a standard interface for troubleshooting, etc.. that is what OBDII is.. (On Board Diagnostics version II or so) You plug any OBDII compliant diagnostics computer into any OBDII compliant car ECU and you can troubleshoot the car.

Bikes do NOT have this, every manufacturer either doesn't have onboard diagnostics or they have their own proprietary codes.

(e.x. on mine you do something funky with the ignition switch and it will flash the codes on the idiot lights, it is all specified in the shop manual)

So an OBDII computer has no place to plug into my bike, or yours, so it is totally pointless to require an inspection station to buy the computer.

This is like Dynojet requiring all the shops that are certified tuning centers to buy a PC with a firewire port, when the Power Commander products use a USB port.

Hopefully eventually the bike manufacturers will standardize on a set troubleshooting protocol and something like OBD can be created for bikes.

(Note I am not talking about the strange things that are rumored to be in OBDIII like vehicle tracking, etc.. I don't want to see those on bikes.)

f'n bureaucratic hacks

Originally posted by benVFR
    Sevens...

The thread is about an order for BIKE inspection shops to buy gear to plug into CARS.

Car ECUs all have a standard interface for troubleshooting, etc.. that is what OBDII is..

I understand this, my point is maybe there is a contract in the works between the state and the company, that they will supply all(car and cycle) inspection stations. If this is the equipment the state wants them to use to input the info, then that's the equipment they need to do a state inspection.

f'n bureaucratic hacks

Originally posted by SEVENSGT
    I understand this, my point is maybe there is a contract in the works between the state and the company, that they will supply all(car and cycle) inspection stations. If this is the equipment the state wants them to use to input the info, then that's the equipment they need to do a state inspection.

Gordon-Darby NHOST Services, Inc. already has the contract. Dept of safety, is giving lip service, Gordon-Darby NHOST Services, Inc is trying to enforce the contract they already have

A bill is being introduced to exempt MC stations, the bill needs sujpport

RandyO
    IBA#9560

f'n bureaucratic hacks

okay

f'n bureaucratic hacks

Suposedly OBD III is coming and will be standard USB port.

Then "big Brother" can plug in after an accident or perhaps just speeding and have your vehicle tell the LEO how fast you were going.

Next I expect they will use blue tooth and your car or bike can mail you your own ticket. By 2012 it will just continuously debit your bank account till you are bankrupt.

When are we going to say enough

It is just another way to get you free spirits to accept staying put

Glen Beck is John the Baptist

f'n bureaucratic hacks

The big problem isn't that we will have to have emissions testing.

Did anybody read the article or just the headline?
    I read the article, and can clearly see the issue. I was simply pointing out that you and I WILL be having emissions checks in the very near future. & make no mistake about it, NH will NOT be excluded...

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

Lifer

f'n bureaucratic hacks

Originally posted by richw
    Suposedly OBD III is coming and will be standard USB port.

Then "big Brother" can plug in after an accident or perhaps just speeding and have your vehicle tell the LEO how fast you were going.

Next I expect they will use blue tooth and your car or bike can mail you your own ticket. By 2012 it will just continuously debit your bank account till you are bankrupt.

When are we going to say enough

It is just another way to get you free spirits to accept staying put
    The ominous stuff I'd heard about OBDIII involved a blackbox in every car and possible GPS crap like onstar.

Of course I heard it from someone who is almost as paranoid as you are.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast