Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forma Adventure vs. Alpinestars Corozal

Forma Adventure vs. Alpinestars Corozal

I'm leaning strongly towards the Forma for a new ADV boot but don't know much about the brand. Strong reviews for both boots, similar price point, similar design. The Forma has a really aggressive sole which I like, with the kickstart either one is going to take a beating.

Anything I should consider before dropping the loot? Whaddya think?

Alpinestars Corozal Adventure Drystar Boots - RevZilla

Forma Adventure Boots - RevZilla

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

Re: Forma Adventure vs. Alpinestars Corozal

A bunch of guys I used to ride with now use the formas for adv duty. One of them does a lot of woods riding in them.
    I think they've held up pretty well for the amount he's abused them and the amount of time he's spent in them.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

I have the formas, they are really nice especially when you have to get off the bike and walk around. That said, be aware that they are like slippers compared to high end dirt boots when it comes to protection. Especially in terms of sole stiffness. Your foot can get folded in these. Still, I love mike and they cross over as my street boots now.

Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    I have the formas, they are really nice especially when you have to get off the bike and walk around. That said, be aware that they are like slippers compared to high end dirt boots when it comes to protection. Especially in terms of sole stiffness. Your foot can get folded in these. Still, I love mike and they cross over as my street boots now.
    Kurtz? I love Kurtz too.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Kurtz? I love Kurtz too.

Paul_E_D

I really like my Formas, they work great as adv boots. I haven't crash them yet, but I've gotten them plenty wet and they stay nice and dry. I only have 2 complaints with them. 1. despite being on the wider side of typical offroad boots, they're still not wide enough for my pontoon feet and 2. the area between the ankle protection and the 2nd buckle can "collapse" when buckled, causing some painful chaffing if you have skinny ankles. It took about 3 weeks of wearing them daily to break them in and not hurt in that area. They need to beef up the hard protection in that area up to the buckle to prevent that from happening.

2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

I have the Alpinestars Toucan boots for dualsport duty, they're Astars' top of the line ADV boot, but I got them shipped from one of the European websites for not too much more than the ones you listed above.

Super, thanks for the info guys. Forma's are looking like the ones for me.

The Toucans do look awesome but potential returns/exchanges overseas would be zero fun. If I get heavier into dual sport riding and need the extra protection I'll probably look at these down the road.

05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

Lifer

If you're going for the Formas, go to Revzilla and look at sizing. I have a pair of Givi street boots that a re about 5 years old and size 44. The Forma's in the same size were too small.

I used the sizing guide, actually measured my foot, added 3/4" as instructed, and it look like I'm a size 46,

My order is going in tonight, they were great boots and seemed well made. I'm looking forward to them.

Should I get the black, or the brown?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    If you're going for the Formas, go to Revzilla and look at sizing. I have a pair of Givi street boots that a re about 5 years old and size 44. The Forma's in the same size were too small.
    I went for the 44 since I wear a 10, but I often do a 9.5 for hiking boots as I like them snug so hoping this will work out well.

Was going to do Revzilla but reluctantly went Amazon instead for the 2-day Prime shipping. Hoping to get them in before the weekend in the 5% chance I have my bike ready for some trails.

Should I get the black, or the brown?
    Hardest decision, lol. I went for the brown, very out of character for me but thought I'd step out of the comfort zone... they'll end up brown either way.

05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

I don't find them to run small. All my boots are 41. These actually feel a little roomy because the toe box is generous.

Oh, and brown FTW

Paul_E_D

Lifer

I think I'm going for brown also. Size 44 for a 10 should be perfect. I actually think my feet have gotten bigger, as I was a 10.5 forever and now am usually 11. Perhaps its an adaptation to bearing my incraeasing girth!

Lifer

Ordered the Forma's from Revzilla yesterday morning. Found out this morning that the "lighting fast" shipping would get them here on 6/13, 8 days from order.

Apparently they were only in stock in Las Vegas...

I should have used Amazon Prime...

Contacted customer service and got a load of scripted responses.

I think Revzilla has lost me...

Revzilla is consistently 10-30% more expensive on non manufacturer priced goods than Rocky Mountain ATV from what I've seen, and their rewards are much less than them as well. I buy pretty much everything from Rocky Mountain ATV.

It's too bad, because Revzilla does do a lot of helpful gear overviews.

2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

Quote Originally Posted by SRTie4k View Post
    It's too bad, because Revzilla does do a lot of helpful gear overviews.
    And many times they are more of a sales pitch than just the reviews.

Lifer

One of the points I made was that I understood their efforts to add value through the gear reviews and build an environemnt where it is not just a price driven commodity business but that those efforts fail when the back office logistics systems fail to close the deal with customer WOW.

Amazon Prime usually blows me away with shipping, but I try to spread my business out to shops that can't afford an army of drone workers, haha

Ironically, about the same time you posted this Steve I got an email from Prime saying my order of "Wiseco gaskets" was delayed due to weather. Then I got an email that it was delivered, and it showed up on my doorstep. BUT, upon checking Prime app, it was the boots that were delayed!! Go figure.

I have mixed results with Revzilla shipping. I've had a few packages arrive blazingly fast, but usually they are 7-10 days (an eternity when you're waiting for new gear lol), sometimes they are even slower. Case in point, I ordered a set of tires 4 days ago and just one of them came in today, the other is due on Saturday. I ordered some TCX rush shoes at the same time and they aren't expected until 6/12...

If RevZilla could step up their shipping game, and also fix the most obnoxious UX design error on Earth on their website (their giant dropdown menu opens every frigging time I get near it, all they need to do is set a micro delay), they would be damn near perfect. Their prices aren't always the absolute best but I find them to be fairly competitive, especially if you lurk around sales.

For parts I usually do Partzilla but keep reminding myself to try Rocky Mountain.

05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

The tires I ordered from RMATV a week ago were $67 cheaper than Revzilla. That's not competitively priced IMO.

2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

No good local dealers in Maine?

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

The tires I ordered from RMATV a week ago were $67 cheaper than Revzilla. That's not competitively priced IMO.
    Well my PP3 rear is $2.67 cheaper on Rocky Mountain so awfully close

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    No good local dealers in Maine?
    Not really. Mostly Harley and snowmobile stuff, expensive and slow tire/mounting prices...

Street Cycle Suzuki in Falmouth is a good shop with good people but very little in stock, and close to retail pricing on everything.

05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

And then stuff like this happens - ordered a Flash drive off Prime late last night, it's in my mailbox 14 hours later.

05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

First ride review - the Formas are awesome. I got the size 10 and they are fairly loose with thin socks on. Roomy enough for extra socks but not flopping around. The top of the boot has some space which lets water in but provides nice air flow when moving. I rode street for 30 miles or so, ran some good hard trails and slogged around in shin height water, thick/sloppy/sticky mud, pushed/hauled my bike out of more than one mud pit, not once did the suction try to peel them off (and there was a lot) and my feet were bone dry until I went in over the top of the boot.

The brown looks nice, build quality feels solid, the biggest issue has been working the pedals with that giant beefy sole. There is very little feedback and at times I was on the rear brake without even realizing it. After a few hours I'm getting used to it though and they feel very substantial.

Took a few sticks to the shins and didn't even care.

So far I'm 110% happy with the choice... just the perfect boot for dual sport/medium trail duty... so happy I went with these. I feel complete.

05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

RMATV has had the best price on the last few tires that I've ordered, and they delivered within 3 days.

First real test after a "mishap" last week. A small boulder snuck up on me and we took a nice digger. Left ankle got crunched between my bike and a rock, took a hard hit and had me on crutches for a few days but: nothing badly broken, boots held up, no cuts or injuries to my ankle aside from the impact. Finally walking again today and can't wait to get them back on.

A full MX boot might have protected me better, but judging by the speed/force of the impact I feel pretty lucky to get away with a few days of limping. Enough protection to make a big difference.

These should probably come as a set

05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

Uh, yeah, that is where adventure boots don't cut the mustard. foot bent/wedged and these things are more like slippers. High end MX boots offer 100 percent more protection, and weigh 400 percent more because of it. Ride accordingly!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast