Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

This sucks......

This sucks......

Went to work tonight after having last weekend off out of town. Well last Sunday one of my customers was killed riding his bike in town. Sean was a really cool dude and always ordered a sprite with a little ice. He would go bar hopping around town but never drank a sip of alcohol, hadn't had a drink in over 13 years I believe. Really cool dude and I'm bummed that I just found out tonight. I was told the wake/funeral was last night.

http://www.tauntongazette.com/news/x...-still-ongoing

http://www.tauntongazette.com/news/x...entified?img=3

18 year old girl. rumor has it she was texting but like I just said, so far it's just a rumor. If she was or wasn't I feel bad for the young girl. I was told who the girl supposedly is and if it's true then I know the family, they're customers too................

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    04 XB12R
    02 CBRF4i
    BearsDen.com

Re: This sucks......

i want to hesitate passing judgment and just say RIP to the rider, but looking at the pictures, how hard is it to look to the opposite side before pulling out? i i won't even go into how bad she should burn if she was texting, but barring some ridiculous speed on the motorcyclists' fault, it's inexcusable...

Last edited by Evadd; 07-23-11 at 04:05 AM.

Sorry to hear. I've worked with Carlos Silva and the Taunton reconstruction squad, the investigation is in good hands if it's any consolation.

Retired LRRS/CCS EX #212 | Woodcraft | Armour Bodies | Dainese USA |

Quote Originally Posted by loudog View Post
    Sorry to hear. I've worked with Carlos Silva and the Taunton reconstruction squad, the investigation is in good hands if it's any consolation.
    Unfortunately I have zero confidence in the Taunton Police, bunch of nitwits. I know quite a few people in the TPD, one is even a family member but the group as a whole........ FAIL.

My buddy Doug was MURDERED by his daughter & son-in-law. He's in jail with his buddy while she still walks the streets. It's pretty obvious that she was in on it but she still roams the streets. WHY TPD?
    http://www.tauntongazette.com/featur...n-man-s-murder

04 XB12R
    02 CBRF4i
    BearsDen.com

I am sorry for your loss. RIP.

On another note...I think the pics were a little graphic for the newspaper. Especially for the victims family.

Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......

Banned
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Quote Originally Posted by Damnut
    Unfortunately I have zero confidence in the Taunton Police, bunch of nitwits. I know quite a few people in the TPD, one is even a family member but the group as a whole........ FAIL.

My buddy Doug was MURDERED by his daughter & son-in-law. He's in jail with his buddy while she still walks the streets. It's pretty obvious that she was in on it but she still roams the streets. WHY TPD?
    He was a friend of yours? Wow. Yep, murdered for money.

Banned
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

My friend witnessed the accident Jim. Sorry for the loss of your buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post

He was a friend of yours? Wow. Yep, murdered for money.
    Yea I knew Doug for about 15 years or so. He was an avid pool player and I had many a match against him. It's a shame that his POS daughter isn't in jail.

04 XB12R
    02 CBRF4i
    BearsDen.com

Banned

Wow. I might have known him slightly. Did he play at CB's at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post

Wow. I might have known him slightly. Did he play at CB's at all?
    Yup all the time, Doug was always playing pool on Monday and Tuesday nights.

04 XB12R
    02 CBRF4i
    BearsDen.com

Very tragic. I don't really get when people feel sorry for the person who killed the guy though. I especially don't get it when it is most likely gross neglegence on the drivers part. Like people are saying she was 18 and probably pretty inexperienced. I feel that if someone is killed in an accident where the other driver can be found at fault. They should be charged with man slaughter. This will not ruin this girls life just because of the guilt she'll forget about it in a month. If it turns out the bike was speeding or it is unclear whos fault it really is then its fair to not charge her. From the photos though if he was riding a bigger bike at higher speeds she might have been killed as well. Driverside impact.

Its a good lesson to hear about an experienced rider wearing a helmet getting killed on a motorcycle instead of the beginner failing to negotiate a turn. Its healthy to not forget while riding that these things are killing machines and you are taking a gamble with your life every time you go out and no amount of skill or badassness will save you from your fate.

Last edited by Tunertype; 07-24-11 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Damnut View Post

Wow, that's terrible. I don't know much about the Taunton PD, just the guys in in the reconstruction unit...and they're good at what they do from what I've seen.

Retired LRRS/CCS EX #212 | Woodcraft | Armour Bodies | Dainese USA |

Wow, that's terrible. I don't know much about the Taunton PD, just the guys in in the reconstruction unit...and they're good at what they do from what I've seen.
    Yea it's a fucked up situation all around with Doug's case, both are just tragic and just plain ole suck.

04 XB12R
    02 CBRF4i
    BearsDen.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tunertype View Post
    Very tragic. I don't really get when people feel sorry for the person who killed the guy though. I especially don't get it when it is most likely gross neglegence on the drivers part. Like people are saying she was 18 and probably pretty inexperienced. I feel that if someone is killed in an accident where the other driver can be found at fault. They should be charged with man slaughter. This will not ruin this girls life just because of the guilt she'll forget about it in a month. If it turns out the bike was speeding or it is unclear whos fault it really is then its fair to not charge her. From the photos though if he was riding a bigger bike at higher speeds she might have been killed as well. Driverside impact.

Its a good lesson to hear about an experienced rider wearing a helmet getting killed on a motorcycle instead of the beginner failing to negotiate a turn. Its healthy to not forget while riding that these things are killing machines and you are taking a gamble with your life every time you go out and no amount of skill or badassness will save you from your fate.
    I don't really thinking taking someone else's life is something you forget about in a month. I hit someone's cat when I was 17 and still feel bad about it.

Don't be a dick.

Original

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Tunertype View Post

18 year old girl = gross negligence. Gotcha.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

sorry to hear. heart goes out