Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

would frame sliders keep you from cracking your fairing if you dropped your bike?

would frame sliders keep you from cracking your fairing if you dropped your bike?

?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

they're supposed to...

unless they don't stick out far enough, in which case they'd be pretty useless.

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

If I were you, I'd get a full set of sliders, frame, swingarm, and bar-end. The frame sliders should help protect the fairings (I dunno though, they don't make 'em for my gixxer ), the bar-end ones help keep the brake and clutch levers from getting snapped off, and protect the throttle mechanism on the right side. The Swingarm sliders saved my old muffler from a serious denting. It still got scratched, but the rubber mount let it move over enough that the slider took the weight of the bike, rather than smashing the muffler in. I have heard that sliders will do just that (slide) and thus the bike will slide farther if you fall off it, increasing the chance that it will encounter a solid object, but that's a risk I'll take, to protect it in the much more likely low-speed drops.

"Balls," I said. "Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers."

- Hunter S Thompson

2 x 82 GS 650, '94 RM 80

Uppercrust Euro Rider SilverSurfer's Avatar

Truthfully, no. Frame sliders are meant to protect the frame. Saving the fairings would be a side benefit, but the sliders are usually not designed as fairing savers.

<table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width=100%><tr><td background="http://www.nestreetriders.com/images/fill1.gif"><font color=white size=1 face="Trebuchet MS, Arial"><b>SEAN
    01 DAYTONA 955i | 00 DAYTONA 955i | 89 KATANA 600</b></font></td></tr></table>

RSVMILLE661

If you purchase Frame sliders be sure to get the hard white nylon sliders. Others may look trick or better but tend to shatter when they hit the ground versus slide as they are intended.

Swingarm sliders can't hurt either. Helps fight the wheels tendency to grab when sliding and send bike into a flip (much more damage then!). Frame sliders will diminish fairing damage but not 100%

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000