Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

TIRE Dollars$$ sorry should have been a general

Today I was hunched over the back rim changing a tire and I have the thought is this worth it dollar wise.

25 years ago I had a friend in a dealership who would mount and high speed balance a tire for like $12 no questions asked.

Sinse he got out I've done it myself cause I checked 2 dealerships who would only mount tires they sold.

So the question is if you guys with a sport rice burner bring rims to a dealer ship what does a set of good Michelins cost on the rims ?

A set of sport tires delivered to my house cost me about $225

I know there is a good guy in NH but that'ss to far for me.

Who else does there own tire changes

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Glen Beck is John the Baptist

if you are not one of the people that dislikes the "other" site, Steve AKA Tiller...one of the board admins on ODFU has his own tire changing station and does them for piss cheap. The site is down now due to a glitch and all the admin's being at VIR but if you contact him im sure he would be more than happy to do your tires for ya. BTW he is in Hartford if that matters

Went to head out for a ride last week and found a flat tire during pre-ride inspection. Took the wheel off and brought it to the local m/c accs. shop on Wed afternoon. Picked the wheel up the next day with an in-stock D208 180/55 mounted on it for $160 -- the guy was charging $12 for mounting & balancing a couple years ago, but now he's getting $20. He gets any tire I need within a day or two if they're not in stock. For that kind of convenience, I'll wait a bit longer before going the DIY route. If I were still going through 6 sets of sport tires in a season, I'd have to rethink that.

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

208 yuck

dam with all this cold weather, you must be sliding gp style in most of the corners.

btw: i change my own tires.

jim

"Molon labe"

The 208's on the R6. They were okay on the R1s I had, but they'd never hold up to the 10R.

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

The vast majority of the shops around here WILL NOT mount a tire you don't buy from them. I can buy a set of Diablos from Ron Ayers, delivered, for what the shop wants for just the rear. Also, our local Hoda dealer wants almost 50 clams a tire even if you buy from them. Robbing bastards . I do my own. It's not that big a deal once you get a system down.
    Cheers, Lee S.

I know i'm slow, you don't have to rub it in.
    Why, Yes! I do think you're a Wanker!