Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Free camping?

Re: Free camping?

I have found the Canadian National Parks to be awesome for tenters, Provincial Parks are hit or miss, a park in Ontario once, was over run with nasty aggressive black squirrels, they would chatter at you and try stealing food right out of your hand, wouldn't go there again without a few conibear #110s

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

I have my veterans pass. Definitely a nice benefit.

I'm hoping she hits the Grand canyon lotto soon. Been doing that one for years as well. I'm stoked for this one, not so much about hiking in AZ in August...

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Quote Originally Posted by obsolete View Post
    I have my veterans pass. Definitely a nice benefit.

I'm hoping she hits the Grand canyon lotto soon. Been doing that one for years as well. I'm stoked for this one, not so much about hiking in AZ in August...
    been to Grand Canyon once, film at the IMax theatre is worth the watch, we explored the south rim, bought myself a limited print of a topographic & geology map at a gift shop, UPSed it to myself, It's a long freekin way down to the bottom, hard to comprehend without seeing it with your own eyes, hiking to the bottom, more than I am physically capable of. North rim was closed when I was there, they were doing prescribed forest fires

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    been to Grand Canyon once, film at the IMax theatre is worth the watch, we explored the south rim, bought myself a limited print of a topographic & geology map at a gift shop, UPSed it to myself, It's a long freekin way down to the bottom, hard to comprehend without seeing it with your own eyes, hiking to the bottom, more than I am physically capable of. North rim was closed when I was there, they were doing prescribed forest fires
    We went a few years ago and did a bunch there and it is definitely something everyone should see. The lotto is for the Phantom Ranch at the bottom. I'd do a rim to rim in a day but I really want the experience of staying at the ranch.

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12