Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

friend died

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Unhappy friend died

a friend i went to HS with was recently killed in a M/C accident last week. I didnt hear about til today from my buddy at work and he says he will bring in the article for me. so i dont have all the details and since this "friend" was NOT a close friend i have no way of finding out what REALLY happened. from what i understand it happened in Farmington NH, maybe RT11 but an SUV pulled a U-turn in front of him and he was killed instantly. his passenger sustained non life threatening injuries. He doesnt srike me as the type to be one to wear a helmet nor do i think he was on any type of "sportbike" or speeding for that matter since hes not really the type.
    This really irritates no ANGERS me that people are so caught up in there little meaningless lives that they cant take 3 seconds to make sure they arent going to kill or change someone elses life FOREVER, because they think they are the only person on the road or in the world for that matter.
    even if it wasnt a bike it coulda been a car with the same results or worse.
    I wish i could put a HUGE sticker on my truck that says "LOOK OUT FOR MOTORCYCLES BEFORE YOU FUCKING KILL SOMEONE!!!!" i get upset when i hear it happening to anyone on a bike but now that it was someone i know, i guess it bothers me a little more.
    He was great guy who ALWAYS had a smile on his face and never had anything mean to say. I enjoyed seeing him at the bar and playing darts with him, while we were not close, i will still miss him. R.I.P. Scott Nelson

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

friend died

sorry to hear the news. R.I.P. we should make up some new bumper stickers to alert drivers. ALso I think they should change the law that makes it more severe for a motorists if they cause and accident with a motorcyclists. Something must be done before their are none of us left.

Me? Sarchastic?? Nooooo!! FazerChic's Avatar

friend died

Oh my god, I am so sorry to hear of this news. I agree, I wish there were harsher penalties for drivers who "accidentally" kill motorcyclists.

Be safe out there everyone.

My shit:

2004 Yamaha FZ6 (Naked....mmmmmmm) (FOR SALE!!!! CONTACT ME FOR INFO!)
    2004 Mini Cooper - Deal's Gap tested and approved

Guys on sportbikes are so hot....until they take their helmet off. Just leave the damn thing on already!

Beware the counterfeit Mini!

friend died

happened in rochester on Rt 125 near the on ramp to 202/16 near Jarvis/Sprorts Fanatic , I posted the foster articles in this thread

EDIT - I couldn't get the link to the first fosters article to work anymore, it had pics, but I couldn't tell what kind of bike, looked like it coulda been an SV, maybe a friend of mine was driving by, he thought it mighta been me.

the paper said thay transported him to Frisbbe then helecopter to MaineMed where he was pronounced dead

really sux

Last edited by RandyO; 08-30-05 at 10:44 PM.
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Resident Bosox Aficionado mikem317's Avatar

friend died

RIP. We'll see you soon, (but not before my first track day!)

Def. good idea on the bumper stickers! Donate all the proceeds to the AMA. I'm game.

Regards,
    Mike

Where were you on October 27, 2004? // Got Wallpaper? // Special Discount for Boston Red Sox Fans! // Because even Alex Rodriguez has feelings too...

"Everytime I see a Yankee's hat, I see a swastika just a little off kilter." -- Bill "Spaceman" Lee

friend died

So sorry to hear about your friend..

I think there needs to be more awareness as well. Maybe they should be teaching it in Drivers ED??

" It's never too late to be what you might have been." George Eliot

friend died

Sorry to hear about your buddy!! R.I.P.

It always sucks to hear about a biker down!!!

Bumper sticker's would be great, I'll take two!!

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

friend died

thanks everyone. i agree that more awarness should be taught in drivers ed. and stiffer and harsher penalties for those at fault

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports