Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Fastest Way Thru NH Toll Booths?

Question Fastest Way Thru NH Toll Booths?

Other than just blowing thru them, or trying to ride thru free next to the bumper of the car in front of you, what's the fastest way to get thru the exact-change lanes of the NH toll booths?

The reason I ask is because I have to go thru two of these every day I ride to work. Stopping and digging the tokens out of my pockets (once I remove my riding gloves) just takes too damn long, and the traffic piling up behind me gets very impatient. Plus, I still have to get the gloves back on.

Lately I've been placing three tokens inside my glove, so when I remove it the tokens fall out into my hand and I can toss them quickly into the basket. But even this method is too slow.

I've seen other riders zip right thru, and since the toll-evader alarm doesn't go off, I assume that they are somehow feeding tokens at a much faster rate than I can.

What's the secret?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I too had come acroos this same problem while hiitin 2 toll each way to & fro work....That menat having to stop 4 times which really sucked....
    One way is to get one of those cheap lil' coin holder (which have a spring to push up the coin) But since they only have one slot out of three that'lll hold a token I haven't used.one But they are good way and are only a couple buck at a VIP,walmart,etc.
    Another way I tried was making a loop of duct tape w/ sticky side out to hold the coin. This worked good but on hot days the token stuck pretty good.
    My fav. & easiest way was by having a tank bag w/ side pouches. mine has a lil' net area which is good but sometime tough w/ gloves on. So I use the big pocket and seems to work well.
    These are a few suggestions.
    I my self am looking for a better way if ther is one for this PITA problem

Honda (RC26) VFR700
    "hey Randy, do a wheelie!!"

I hear ya

Well. what I do know is take a dollar and tuck it into my tank bra.. course I have to goto the attented booth still, and then I usually just tuck the quater in my glove, and off I go.

At some point there is talk about FastLane -like system, so hang in there.. and lets see if the state is willing to spend your money to get more money.

Looking for a Dry Sunny Day...
    and a winning Powerball #

Just Registered

one thought...

I used to use cable ties (the 7"x.25" type) and wrap the (3) tokens/quarters together in advance and just chuck them in my pocket before hand, or keep them near the top in my tankbag. It made it a bit easier to find 1 larger object then sift around for 3 smaller ones, and all you need to do is just kinda 'flip' the coins out of the loop of cable tie and toss it back in your bag/pocket etc. and reuse it next time.

Ive stayed away from tape ever since I heard the horrific tail of a rider tossing in the coins and one had some adhesive left on it and stuck to the basket thing in the toll. He didnt have any more change and just booked it - the bell went off and the staties were there. He told them 'well I had the coins in tape and...' not only did they give him a ticket for avoidance of the toll device, but apparently people getting soda and other types of sticky crap (like duct tape residue) on the coins causes the machines to malfunction, not the best way to try to get out of a ticket based on 'goodwill' I guess

Though my recommendation is get the words 'GET FASTLANE!" on the back of your leathers and lic. plate and rip through it @ 130mph every day. Then at least they'll get the hint when reviewing your photos

My 2 vices, not necessarily in order:
    www.gpsdiscussion.com
    motorcycleaddicts.org

I've found that just going through the 'any vehicle' lane with a dollar stuffed into the top pouch of my tankbag is just as quick as the 'exact change' lane just about any ol' day...

Which tolls are you hitting? There are plenty of backroads that'll get you around that hastle...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Lifer

Tankbag works great...

I haven't been using a tankbag lately, I keep a little film canister in my pocket full of quarters.

I think it takes a little longer than the tank bag but it isn't bad. I just went through those tolls yesterday.

Luckily those tolls don't really back up with bad traffic very often.

Ben

Re: one thought...

Originally posted by somestrangeguy
    Though my recommendation is get the words 'GET FASTLANE!" on the back of your leathers and lic. plate and rip through it @ 130mph every day. Then at least they'll get the hint when reviewing your photos
    Nice!

"You never see a motorcycle parked outside of a psychiatrists office"

Set throttle control at ~30mph.

Unzip tank bag. Take out two tokens. Slam dunk the buggers. Zip up tank bag. Put hands back on handle bars, release throttle control.

Works for me, I don't even slow down. UNLESS IT"S PRUDENT!

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

I take the back roads

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Well, I guess that takes care of that pesky toll booth problem altogether now doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Omahastylin16 View Post
    thats just one of the reasons why D is an example of the perfect woman rather than typical

Just Registered

Originally posted by Stoneman
    I've found that just going through the 'any vehicle' lane with a dollar stuffed into the top pouch of my tankbag is just as quick as the 'exact change' lane just about any ol' day...
    Not to mention that the toll collector lady cant yell as loud as that damned bell @ the 'exact change' lane

Actually I do alot of biz. travel these days and in states that don't have 'fastlane' etc. sorta stuff going on, Ive discovered that you probably dont want to use their exact lanes anyways as the chit is probably busted in the firstplace. Plus talking with those kind people in the booths always makes me feel better about the fact that I chose hygiene over nascar in the first place.

My 2 vices, not necessarily in order:
    www.gpsdiscussion.com
    motorcycleaddicts.org