Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

It's been a while..................

Its been a while since I posted anything about my new ride, or anything else for that matter. Well time to catch up on the news.

Since I took delivery of th CBR600RR on May 15, I have logged 9450 miles. This weekend I am heading for Deals Gap. By the time I'm done with this trip I will prolly have 12,000 miles on her. I think with the kind of miles I seem to put on bikes I may be thinking of a different type of bike other than a Sport bike. The problem is I don't have any idea of what bike to buy that will deliver the thrill of a sport bike and the comfort of an all out touring bike.

I figured I'd consult with the family here at NESR to get some suggestions.

Help please.

F-Nutz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Life is a challenge. You can take the risk and experience it, or sit back and watch it go by. I choose to experience it. (W.L.Heath)

Fear is the incubated subjective perception of the inevitable.

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Wow, I though I rode a lot.

Get a ZX9R; more comfy than your RR and plenty of zip.

Even more comfort can be found on a VFR or ZX12R

If you want lots more comfort, hard to beat an FJR1300, Sprint ST or a Futura.

Next up would be an ST1300 or any BMW ST (yawn)

Beyond that, Goldwing or K1200LT (double yawn)

Another option:

Keep the sport bike and augment it with a cheap, semi-sporty and comfortable bike for long or two-up rides. I love my Concours for that purpose.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!