Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It's the end of the fun as we know it...

Re: It's the end of the fun as we know it...

Quote Originally Posted by OreoGaborio View Post
    I was with you till "hohum injury"...... Hohum injury? Didn't he suffer a broken femur?
    In the context of ambulance chasing criteria, especially since the crasher doesn’t sound like a highly paid professional athlete using optimal performance from his limbs to the tune of tens of millions of (potentially lost) income, a broken femur, on this guy, is probably not the most mouth watering circumstance a plaintiffs lawyer could start with.

So yeah. I sure as hell wouldn’t want one, but ho hum, IN the context of calculating actual damages. Pain and suffering is a separate issue but again, I don’t think it’s extreme in the wide world of possibilities.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    The near death accident was caused by him being a moron and not being able to ride for shit. The sandbags probably added to the complexity of the crash, but they weren't the cause. He's an idiot.

If you watch the video of the incident, you'll laugh your ass off at the difference between his description and what really happened.
    I was just confirming/providing facts...well I guess quotes...about his injuries. I didn't say or imply anything about his lawsuit.

Bottom line, I think it's plausible to say he got fucked up. But the seriousness of his injuries aren't really that significant to the debate. When it comes to determining liability, it doesn't really matter whether he cracked his thumb or he broke his spine. It's whether he was responsible for the dismount, and whether the track organizers decisions caused or exacerbated his injuries in a negligent way.

Even if the sandbag wasn't a perfect decision, it was a conscious decision made with good intent to help maintain the track. It's not like the strung an electric cable across the course at neck height to run some equipment or something grossly stupid. Even if someone thinks there was a better way than the sandbags, I don't see how we can expect any business to operate with perfection to the point that they be liable for any imperfect efforts.

nedirtriders.com

“Kim’s lead litigator, Sarah London, was a helpful and forthright source.”

I’ll bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Jared
    ZX-4RR, Hyperstrada 821, ZX-6R (FS!), 701 E/SM (FS!)

Are you saying that wasn’t the required evasive action?

1. Those sandbags are sketchy as hell and I would in no way feel safe pushing it through that corner
    2. Sandbags definitely made that crash worse
    3. It's just a track day, riders should take some responsibility for where their comfort levels are and ride accordingly
    4. If he in fact crashed after many laps at LS he was fully aware of the sandbags and could have gotten off the track or voiced concern
    5. He's really looking like a dick by suing for $15M

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tekime View Post
    1. Those sandbags are sketchy as hell and I would in no way feel safe pushing it through that corner
    2. Sandbags definitely made that crash worse
    3. It's just a track day, riders should take some responsibility for where their comfort levels are and ride accordingly
    4. If he in fact crashed after many laps at LS he was fully aware of the sandbags and could have gotten off the track or voiced concern
    5. He's really looking like a dick by suing for $15M
    Ever ridden at Loudon?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Ever ridden at Loudon?

This was going to be my exact response hahaha.

Might want to take up knitting son...

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Banned

I do agree with all takimes other points. But, that corner isn't sketchy. It's a sweeper (turn 4) and the only way to go off it if you know how to ride is in a lowside or highside where that sandbag isn't going to make much difference. If you just ride off the track like he did, then you get what you deserve. Sorry. Do the same thing at almost any racetrack and you're going to hit something hard, like a wall.

Banned

Or maybe turn 5m I can't remember the turns. It's the one that leads to the big hill up to the corkscrew.

I do agree with all takimes other points. But, that corner isn't sketchy. It's a sweeper (turn 4) and the only way to go off it if you know how to ride is in a lowside or highside where that sandbag isn't going to make much difference. If you just ride off the track like he did, then you get what you deserve. Sorry. Do the same thing at almost any racetrack and you're going to hit something hard, like a wall.

I do as well. I was triggered at #1.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Should I act surprised by your responses?

I haven't ridden at Loudon but watched enough races there to know it sketches me out! I'm just a noob, what do I know, but I was under the impression it was an established fact that Loudon was for madmen. Not saying I don't want to go there eventually, but...

Ok, this makes sense. Watching the video again, there are clearly no bags where you would expect a crash. Not nearly as sketchy as my first impression. I stand corrected!

05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

Banned

Exactly. IF this case gets to the "expert witness" stage (and I dont think it will) it will be shot down easily.

I think the outcome will eventually be a settlement of enough for this jackass to go slightly further with his vaporware electric podcar abomination before it dies a timely death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekime View Post
    Should I act surprised by your responses? It's the end of the fun as we know it...

I haven't ridden at Loudon but watched enough races there to know it sketches me out! I'm just a noob, what do I know, but I was under the impression it was an established fact that Loudon was for madmen. Not saying I don't want to go there eventually, but...

Ok, this makes sense. Watching the video again, there are clearly no bags where you would expect a crash. Not nearly as sketchy as my first impression. I stand corrected!

Equal Opportunity Asshole DroFiveOh's Avatar

This dude would have probably sued Ducati too if his bike hit him after he came off.

Everyone gets a trophy and it's always someone else's fault. It's sad this is what society has become.

49 states do it one way, and Massachusetts does it their own way.

Quote Originally Posted by DroFiveOh View Post
    This dude would have probably sued Ducati too if his bike hit him after he came off.

Everyone gets a trophy and it's always someone else's fault. It's sad this is what society has become.
    I was thinking that they missed the biggest fish with their "cast a wide net" lawsuit attempt

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by DroFiveOh View Post

It's one person in a big world, and he's almost universally hated for what most people see as a money-grab. This shows the opposite of what you think it does.

nedirtriders.com

Jakub Kornfeil would make a great expert witness. That bike could have EASILY overcome a little sandbag!

Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by GixerJockey View Post
    I was thinking that they missed the biggest fish with their "cast a wide net" lawsuit attempt
    That was my thinking as well. Didn't LS get dismissed as a defendant? Without the track, and the other defendants, if there is no insurance to collect from a judgement against the trackday organization will be pretty much worthless.

CCS/LRRS/NEMM AM #205 (Inactive)

The TD provider has to carry their own insurance.

Paul_E_D

Oh yeah, now I remember, the provider's policy is for 5M, the plantiff is suing for 15M.

I wonder what Kim's medical prognosis is like? I never looked into the femur break, but injuries have pretty standard settlement amounts. I've been through this once from the injured side (negligent driver). It's a wacky system. but likelihood of settlements outside of established norms are low.

Paul_E_D

Banned

They almost immediately dropped the suit to $7.5M once they were laughed at by defendant lawyers.

High maintenance priss

It's the end of the fun as we know it...-243f5109-c779-4414-8b85-6d7a5efdd3e8_text_hi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12