Well, a failed alternator rotor (From Old Bike Barn) left me stranded on the HOV lane divider on I-84 at about 7:45 Saturday night. When it failed, it caused the main fuse on the bike to blow, leaving me with no power, lights, or anything. So, there I was, 75 mile per hour traffic on both sides of me. It's getting dark and I have no hazard flashers to show my position. Exciting, huh?

I managed to get the spare main fuse in and the bike going to a safer spot so I could try to fix the problem. Wound up disconnecting the charging system all together (which is just a simple matter of un-plugging a wiring harness) and rode the rest of the way home on the battery. Made it home with no problems. Good thing I know my bike!

A few months back, I ordered all the parts for the alternator (rotor, stator, regulator, battery) from a few different websites. Everything showed up, I installed all the new parts and all seemed good. Til now.... As it turns out, I was past the 30 days to try to get a new one under warranty and they no longer carry them. Hmmm.... could that be because they're failing? I've got a used one on it's way from a place that stands behind their parts 100%. Hope that works out OK: I wanna have the bike for leaf-peepin'!