Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Very Funny Newbie Post

Very Funny Newbie Post

From a different list...Very Funny

http://sbfreaks.com/sbf_board/phpBB2...opic.php?t=985

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Tim B.
    Manchester, NH
    2002 Triumph Daytona 955i
    CSBA #256
    www.christiansportbike.com
    Jesus Rocks!

RSVMILLE661

Very Funny Newbie Post

SQUID!!! omg.. that was too funny.

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Very Funny Newbie Post

reads like a troll to me... Are people really that dumb?

Very Funny Newbie Post

I think the post was from an internet troll, nobody is that stupid to humiliate themself like that, any idiot can learn to ride and maintain their bike just by reading the owners manual and warning stickers that are on a new bike.

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Very Funny Newbie Post

You can't tell me that you've never had a brain cramp when it comes to stuff like this...

Accidentally leave the kill switch off (which I never use, so having it off makes me think my bike wont start for a few seconds).

Chatting with someone, then snick into gear to have it stall, then realize that the stand was down - glad they added that switch!

There's got to be more..

I can see someone with no mechanical or bike experience just not getting it with regard to these "safeties". Troll or not, it is funny!

Tim B.
    Manchester, NH
    CSBA #256
    Jesus Rocks!

Very Funny Newbie Post

If ya read far enough it comes out that it was all a joke... yet people keep replying to it to tell this kid he's a dork...

Carry on...

Very Funny Newbie Post

Accidentally leave the kill switch off (which I never use, so having it off makes me think my bike wont start for a few seconds).
    I hate to sound like dork but you should always stop your engine with the kill switch. Someday when you really need to kill the engine without removing your hand from the bars to turn the key off you will glad you have developed this habit. Trust me on this.

Very Funny Newbie Post

Originally posted by stoinkythepig
    I hate to sound like dork but you should always stop your engine with the kill switch. Someday when you really need to kill the engine without removing your hand from the bars to turn the key off you will glad you have developed this habit. Trust me on this.
    You're probably right, I'll work on that. I hope that its not on the left on a Brit bike, or else I'll kill the engine everytime I go to change high/low beam!

Should I ask how you came to realize the importance of being handy with the kill switch? I thought it was just for killing your friends bike when riding next to them on their right side? Or for doing good backfires while driving (kill, crank throttle couple of times, unkill - BAM)?

Tim B.
    Manchester, NH
    CSBA #256
    Jesus Rocks!

Very Funny Newbie Post

Originally posted by JC
    I don't think that works on Fi bikes.
    Nope!

And boy have I tried!

Too old to rock and roll, too young to die.

Very Funny Newbie Post

Typical Fruggen TEA BAG Machine.....

Too old to rock and roll, too young to die.

Very Funny Newbie Post

Someday when you really need to kill the engine without removing your hand from the bars to turn the key off you will glad you
    Last time I need a kill switch, my hands were off the bars and I was waking up on the Buick's hood.

Very Funny Newbie Post

the last time I used my kill switch, I forgot to also turn the ignition off and drained the battery.... nope kill switch is for emergencies, ignition all other times

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Very Funny Newbie Post

Should I ask how you came to realize the importance of being handy with the kill switch? I thought it was just for killing your friends bike when riding next to them on their right side? Or for doing good backfires while driving (kill, crank throttle couple of times, unkill - BAM)?
    I have never needed the kill switch on my bike(s) before but I have witnessed two accidents where it would have come in handy.

The first was many years ago when a friend of mine bought a brand new Suzuki GS550. He got his brother to ride it home for him and once home, decided it needed a quick trip around the block even though he did not know how to ride. He did surprisingly well on the ride around the block and repeated the trip several times before his hands succumbed to the cold, forcing him to return home with the bike. When he got back to his house, he sat out front posing for pictures that his beeming parents insisted on taking, and was looking rather proud of himself for having ridden so well. Meanwhile, the bike is still running. Just before his planned dismount, he let go of the left bar (and clutch) to reach for the ignition key. The bike was idling rather fast and was still in gear. Rather than stall, the bike lurched forward a foot or so, tipped over and he held on for dear life. The wild actions of the bike caused his right hand to open and close the the throttle in a random but hilariously entertaining manner as the bike spun around on it's side about 4 times. The look of terror on his face was priceless. The bike finally stopped when he accidentally hit the kill switch. He was unhurt except for his pride and fortunately, the bike was on dirt and had suffered minor scrapes and scratches. He never rode it again and it was parked for the next 3 years with about 18 miles on the odometer. Camcorders hadn't been invented yet but it would have made a prize winning video.

The second accident was a simple tipover in a parking lot where I was teaching my wife how to ride. The rear tire left the ground so tha bike just lay on it's side but in terror, she left the gas open quite a bit and I'm sure it did the engine no favors running at high RPMs while starving for oil. I ran over and hit the kill switch. Again, no injuries

Very Funny Newbie Post

Confirmed what T-595 Greg said. The Daytona owner's manual states that the kill switch is for emergency use only!

Tim B.
    Manchester, NH
    CSBA #256
    Jesus Rocks!