Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Gasoline Prices

Everybody to the limit!

Gasoline Prices

Originally posted by Stoneman
    Sure. And while we're at it, why not subject motorcycles to those same safety reg's. If people keep thinking like this, we'll all be caging soon enough...
    Motorcycles shouldn't be subjected to car regulations because they're *not* cars. They don't look like cars. They don't operate like cars. My car license does not permit me to drive a motorcycle. So it gets it's own class, with it's own special rules and regulations. Additional danger is (supposedly) supplanted by additional training restrictions (ha!) just like a tractor trailer.

An SUV is a car. It looks like a car. It operates like a car. My car license permits me to operate an SUV without any additional training. It's a car. It should be subject to all restrictions imposed on cars. If those restrictions are too strict, so be it, but I've yet to hear a convincing argument why they shouldn't play on a level field.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Gasoline Prices

First tank: 550mi; 31 gal. avg=17.~mpg.

About the same now, little less approx. 14-15mpg on my commute.

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Gasoline Prices

'course the milage varies depending how many sub-compacts force me to block/cut them off, and how fast the neighborhood pets are running.

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Lifer

Gasoline Prices

Hey Honclfibr,

Did you notice the big sign on the door that said "Liberals not welcome!!" ?

Just kidding. But we're all doing petroleum based recreation here so we all sound pretty funny.

If something causes gas prices to keep going up, the market will take care of SUVs. This current spike has a big list of reasons but they all sound temporary to me. Blackout, refineries shut down due to blackout, people worried since there is oil well vandalism in Iraq, etc..

Ben

Gasoline Prices

When I was in Nova Scotia I saw very, very few SUV's. The SUV's that I did see were usually tourists with US license plates. As a matter of fact, I don't recall seeing a single Ford Explorer. I did see a ton of Ford Focuses and Honda Civics though.

Of course, the price of gas at an avg. gas station was around $0.85/Liter for mid-grade, 89-octane, or $3.20/gal Canadian. That is about $2.30/gal in American money.

If one doesn't like SUV's, move to Canada, or any country where gas is expensive!!

14" Biceps. So what if I am weak...

Everybody to the limit!

Gasoline Prices

Originally posted by benSV
    Hey Honclfibr,

Did you notice the big sign on the door that said "Liberals not welcome!!" ?
    Heh, saw that sign last night, coming home from Lowell. It was right under the one that said "Welcome to New Hampshire".

I nominated myself president of the New Hampshire democratic party a few years ago. The motion passed, 1-0. We're still looking for a vice president. It's not looking good...

Gasoline Prices

First tank: 550mi; 31 gal. avg=17.~mpg.

About the same now, little less approx. 14-15mpg on my commute.
    If the Avalanche went the 2,700 miles around Nova Scotia with us, it would of used about 158 gallons of gas (at 17mpg) and cost about $363.00 (american) in gas.

Then again, if we had taken 1 SUV, instead of 4 Motorcycles, the total cost of gas would of been less. For the 4 motorcycles, we prolly spent $600 in gas.

But, what fun would sitting in an SUV be?? hehe.

Gasoline Prices

Heh, saw that sign last night, coming home from Lowell. It was right under the one that said "Welcome to New Hampshire".

I nominated myself president of the New Hampshire democratic party a few years ago. The motion passed, 1-0. We're still looking for a vice president. It's not looking good...
    LOL, hehehe. ,

Good thing I am a conservative then, one of a few republicans in MA!

Gasoline Prices

Then again, if we had taken 1 SUV, instead of 4 Motorcycles, the total cost of gas would of been less. For the 4 motorcycles, we prolly spent $600 in gas.
    Finally someone that makes sense! ehehhe

I will keep that in mind when we are on our next group ride of like 30 bikes.... We should just take a school bus around some twisties.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

But for me taking the bike does make more sense than taking my 4wd SUV. Of which I do use 4WD quite a bit living at a ski area and all. My new house being Oil heated..... on a dirt road on 1000 ft above sea level.

IF someone here thinks they are not part of an oil based society... and part of this forum...... should sell their bike.... delete their account here and sell their oil based plastic computer.

2001 RC51!!!
    2007 Husky SMR 510 - no longer... blown tranny

I Dance With Will

Gasoline Prices

"you go girl!"

"fuckit!"

Gasoline Prices

Originally posted by Kham
    "you go girl!"

Great come back, K!!

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

hehehe

fuckin guys crack me up

Gasoline Prices

Mixing 2 octanes i.e. 87 + 89 WILL give you 91 ?? octane. The article was in Road and Track about 10 years ago. That's how they mix the fuel at sunoco, mobil, etc. I would assume that at Mobil, they mix 87 +89 to get 92 or whatever.
    Different octanes have different burn rates. If I remember correctly, lower octanes burn faster than the higher octanes.
    I run 87 in my 998 duc, it seems that it runs better on the low octane than it does on 93. of course for racing higher octanes produce more power under flat out conditions.

Gasoline Prices

Originally posted by ducatiboy
    I run 87 in my 998 duc, it seems that it runs better on the low octane than it does on 93. of course for racing higher octanes produce more power under flat out conditions.
    Wow! If I don't run high octane in my Tiller, it runs like ass...

Am I allowed to bitch about that?

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Everybody to the limit!

Gasoline Prices

Originally posted by ducatiboy
    Mixing 2 octanes i.e. 87 + 89 WILL give you 91 ?? octane. The article was in Road and Track about 10 years ago. That's how they mix the fuel at sunoco, mobil, etc. I would assume that at Mobil, they mix 87 +89 to get 92 or whatever.
    Different octanes have different burn rates. If I remember correctly, lower octanes burn faster than the higher octanes.
    A few charts for unleaded fuels....All very much an average. One might be wrong, it is the internet. But all of them?

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/misc/Octanemix.html
    http://www.klotzlube.com/support/tec...ion/ratio.html
    http://www.bazonkers.com/octanechart.htm
    http://www.ducatimeccanica.com/gas.html (11th paragraph down)

Leaded gasolines are a whole other ball game. I still don't believe they'll add, but I think if you add say 91 octane leaded to 87 octane unleaded in equal proportion, you end up with a slightly higher octane than (91+87)/2, though still lower than 91. Doesn't really matter now, since you can't get leaded street gas.

Posting Freak

Gasoline Prices

I like it when you guys get on a tangent. very amusing.

I used to have a ford explorer, hated it.

Now I have a 2 door Saturn, hate it.

I want a truck! Tacoma...

It sucks in general to pay any price that the government or big business sets for us, the little people. it means we have no control. having no control, especially when it concerns money, is hard to swallow.

I am sure we could go off on a lot of things the *uppers* do to us. I know I can. I haven't had a good debate in a long time, might be alittle rusty.

My biggest complaint is paying for mixed drinks at the bar. Its discrimination against us people who don't like to drink beer!

hehe..talk about that one!

Getting back into the game! Looking for my next bike!

Gasoline Prices

Cowboyrider, are you trolling?

I like it when you guys get on a tangent. very amusing.
    You only have 6 posts and you just registered. Who are you really, do you use another alias?

Lately it seems like some members are using other aliases to post on the boards. I don't know why they have to hide behind a different screenname...

Gasoline Prices

Originally posted by Cowboyrider
    My biggest complaint is paying for mixed drinks at the bar. Its discrimination against us people who don't like to drink beer!

hehe..talk about that one!
    Bwaaaaaaa haaaaaaa haaaaaaa!!! You go GIRL!!!

Gasoline Prices

Originally posted by jsven007
    Cowboyrider, are you trolling?

You only have 6 posts and you just registered. Who are you really, do you use another alias?

Lately it seems like some members are using other aliases to post on the boards. I don't know why they have to hide behind a different screenname...
    Nah, there's only one registered user with that IP addy. I check everyone now. She's just not intimidated by us clowns, is all....

Gasoline Prices

That's what I'm talking about. And half the time it's so watered down you need to order a shot to make it right. Can't stand the taste of beer after I started drinking a nice mixed drink.

That thing got a KAWI in it?????? SWEEEEEET!!!!!!!
    1997 ZX7R LATER JJ

Gasoline Prices

Nah, there's only one registered user with that IP addy. I check everyone now. She's just not intimidated by us clowns, is all....
    They might have a dynamic IP address from AOL or other dial-up services. I have a static IP address from the cable company, but I can still change the IP address

A different MAC address will assign me a different IP address.

Gasoline Prices

Originally posted by jsven007
    They might have a dynamic IP address from AOL or other dial-up services. I have a static IP address from the cable company, but I can still change the IP address
    I can still find out if a 'new user' has been here before...

Now, how 'bout them gas prices?

Gasoline Prices

That's what I'm talking about. And half the time it's so watered down you need to order a shot to make it right. Can't stand the taste of beer after I started drinking a nice mixed drink.
    Most of the reason why I never drank at bars.

Why drink at expensive bars, when I could go to a party on campus with my own mixed drinks.

A 750ml of JD for ~$15.00 would last me a while, I drank a lot of whiskey/coke in college.

Everybody to the limit!

Gasoline Prices

No no, she's real, I know who she is (I think), we've met

Of course...who's to say...what if *I'm* the troll?

Talk amongst yourselves, I'll give you a topic:

Synthetic oil is neither synthetic, nor oil.

I Dance With Will

Gasoline Prices

i like the boobs and ass topics.

"fuckit!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast