Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Giving my kids a ride on the back....

Re: Giving my kids a ride on the back....

Quote Originally Posted by oVTo View Post
    No problem, just let me know which event (bike night, track day) and I'll bring them with me.
    I'll let you know when I know, you know? If you do a TTD Monday after a race event, I can be found on Sunday evening, other than that, it's a case by case basis.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

Im glad this thread continues....I still have not.given the kids a ride yet, but I did get out today and re-new my inpsection sticker. It was my first ride of 2013. Im set on the PowerMadd straps, correctly fitting helmet and gear for both me(which I already have) and the kids. My 2 daughters are 11 years old and 14 years old. Even the younger one is over 5 feet tall.

When I started this thread I had some apprehension, now with the straps I can get and their gear I will buy, I have zero reservations.

They will remember this for their entire lives....like we all do....

I will post pics of the ice cream and the kids...this whole endevor gets me so excited!!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Sorry for the late addition. My daughter has been riding with me on my Monster since she was 7. I made sure she had all the proper gear and gave her plenty of info to teach her how to ride. Most importantly she was the one interested in going on the ride.

I rode as I have always with any passenger, very smoothly and safely. This will build their confidence and enjoyment of the ride. Of course have a "cool" destination and stop plenty of times to make sure they are comfortable and happy.

Now we have a wonderful bond on the bike that will last a lifetime for sure. In fact she is now expressing an interest in riding her own bike. I have never pushed riding on her, it has just been a way to share something I love with her. It seems that feeling is now becoming something she really enjoys too, hope it keeps growing.

Best of luck. Take care of the safety part first, ride safe, teach all the important things and have a great time! Remember riding is supposed to be a great experience and that should be how they perceive it too.

Cheers, Brew

Last edited by brewmaster; 05-16-13 at 12:45 PM.
    M900ie
    SS750
    69 gas gusslin' Chevy
    LRRS EX #418

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster View Post
    Sorry for the late addition. My daughter has been riding with me on my Monster since she was 7. I made sure she had all the proper gear and gave her plenty of info to teach her how to ride. Most importantly she was the one interested in going on the ride.
    My daughter at (almost) 4 has already asked to go for a ride! I plan to wait until she is about this age (7-9 probably), but hope we can have motorcycling be a fun family past time. The hardest thing I see is finding quality gear in miniature sizes. A dirt bike jersey and sneakers aren't going to cut it for her.

Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by mzdagrl View Post
    I'll let you know when I know, you know? If you do a TTD Monday after a race event, I can be found on Sunday evening, other than that, it's a case by case basis.
    I'll have the belts on one of the benches by the staff bikes Sunday evening for anyone who wants to check them out.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    DanG
    People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive.
    - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by jwm2k3 View Post
    Im glad this thread continues....I still have not.given the kids a ride yet, but I did get out today and re-new my inpsection sticker. It was my first ride of 2013. Im set on the PowerMadd straps, correctly fitting helmet and gear for both me(which I already have) and the kids. My 2 daughters are 11 years old and 14 years old. Even the younger one is over 5 feet tall.

When I started this thread I had some apprehension, now with the straps I can get and their gear I will buy, I have zero reservations.

They will remember this for their entire lives....like we all do....

I will post pics of the ice cream and the kids...this whole endevor gets me so excited!!
    I gave one of my nieces a ride on my 748 when she was 12-13. The thing I remember most about that was how much of her weight, which may have been 80lbs, was pushing on me which put all that weight on my wrists. My only point, you may need a break before they do. have fun!

Tim
    LRRS #44
    Superbike Services 44

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123