Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Glove recommendations?

Everybody to the limit!

Glove recommendations?

I'm looking at getting a second pair of gloves. I have a set of Z-Custom deerskin gloves right now, and they're really nice gloves, thin and comfortable. But I'm looking at picking up a second pair so I'll have a set for a passenger, also looking for something with a little more protection. Finally, I noticed last year that my gloves were the limiting factor as far as late season riding; everything else was warm but my hands turned numb and that ended my season.

So any suggestions for a set that meets my criteria of good crash protection and warmth without sacrificing too much of the comfort and control I get with my deerskin gloves? So far my top pick is the teknik violator pro, I've heard good thngs about these and they're available around $75 shipped right now...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Glove recommendations?

My personal opionin is Held gloves... Go and try a pair on at motomarket, I guarantee you won't want anything else! Amazingly comfy (most comfortable pair of motorcycle gloves my hands have had the pleasure of being in), sturdy (good friend went for a hands first slider at 50 mph and still uses the gloves), and nice n' warm... made of kangaroo leather which is both soft and warm, and the stitching on the gloves is immaculate keeping the cold air out and the warm air in

Then again, they cost OODLES of money

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Lifer

Glove recommendations?

A lot of us have the Teknic Violators from blowout sales at newenough.com. They are also kangaroo leather, with carbon knuckle protectors, etc..

They are normally around $130, but they seem to almost always be on sale for $60.

Ben

Glove recommendations?

I use the Violator Pro's for racing.. They are great. They are not designed to be winter gloves but I bet if you get some gortex under gloves from a ski/snow board shop they would work great

G-man

Gerard

NOT laughing with you {~; bemused's Avatar

Glove recommendations?

Originally posted by gsxr600ger
    I use the Violator Pro's for racing.. They are great. They are not designed to be winter gloves but I bet if you get some gortex under gloves from a ski/snow board shop they would work great

G-man
    that's exactly what I do... works the balls!

WWSD? (what would Sneakers do?)
    "for every credibility gap, there is a gullibility fill"
    jeff f
    '97 RF900R

Everybody to the limit!

Glove recommendations?

"You like saying 'Goretex', don't you?"

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll definitely check those undergloves out. Is it necessary to buy a larger size glove if you wear them? If so, how do the gloves feel when you don't have the liners in, are they sloppy at all?

I'll check out the held gloves too, I've heard good things about them but I think they may be a bit out of my price range at this juncture.

Glove recommendations?

I use the Violator Pro's for racing.. They are great.
    These gloves can be bought at newenough.com for a low $69. A great deal on a glove that has an MSRP of $129.

http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/gloves.htm

Seem to be great quality gloves. Have tried them on in real life, but never bought a pair.

14" Biceps. So what if I am weak...

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Glove recommendations?

I lust for Held Hawk gloves. Supposed to be about as good as gloves get for cold weather yet don't get too hot in warmer weather due to some new type of insulation material that actually helps to maintain a constant temp. Comfort is amazing but they cost $129 at MM.

Glove recommendations?

i had a pair of undergloves that were good for another 10-20 degrees worth of ridability. made the gloves a littel snug, but not uncomfortably so.

ymmv.

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

Lifer

Glove recommendations?

Your body is shutting off the blood flow to your hands to keep your core warm.

The undergloves help but the main thing is you need to keep your upper body + legs warmer.

If you really want to ride in the cold weather you should consider getting a heated jacket/vest.

I can deal with the slop from wearing undergloves... (I hate rain liners) but if I wear my heated jacket I don't need the undergloves as soon.

I'm probably just going to get the gerbings heated gloves when it starts to get real cold, since I already have the jacket to plug them into.

Also heated grips seem to be universally loved.

Ben

Glove recommendations?

I picked up a really sweet pair of HJC cold weather gloves a coupla years ago. They don't get all that much use, but they're the cat's ass I tell ya...

When I get home tonight I'll take a look at 'em and letchya know what model they are. Or something...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Glove recommendations?

Held gloves are the BALLS!!! I have two sets and will probably pick up a new set next year. I have a kevlar backed set for summer and a full kangaroo leather set for colder or "faster" rides. I did alot of reading and research in American Roadracing and Roadracing World when they ran crash tests on all the different gloves and reported how they held up in real race crashes. The Held gloves ALWAYS came in excellent. Like I tell everyone.. the first instinct ya usually have in a get off is to put down your hands! So why skimp? If you had to wait until next season to afford them.. me personally I'd do that.. this year is almost over.. assuming you have something to wear until then. I look at it this way.. even if a set of Held gloves are $200.00... that is only $20.00 a finger.... I know I need my fingers for work so I look at that as a definate bargain. I've ridden without a helmet in Laconia and while sight seeing in Newport but no matter how hot it is or what I'm doing or wearing I extremely rarely will be seen without gloves on while riding. One other thing about the Helds are even after getting wet and drying out.. my gloves are NOT stiff like cow leather gloves.. they are still soft and fit great. Ok enough rambling.. just my .02

Glove recommendations?

Deathrage makes a nice protective pair and the guy lives up in NH.

~ FTrain

Everybody to the limit!

Glove recommendations?

What's deathrage?

Sounds scary...

Glove recommendations?

www.deathrage.com

Their website seems to be down and I think they are going to change the name of the company. I've only seen one pair that a friend had and they were very nice. Good protection and very flexable.

Last edited by ftrain; 09-12-03 at 07:50 AM.
    ~ FTrain

Glove recommendations?

Don't know if you remember mine but I picked them up off E-Bay for $21. Teknic gloves brand new and match the rest of my gear.

That thing got a KAWI in it?????? SWEEEEEET!!!!!!!
    1997 ZX7R LATER JJ

New name

Deathrage changed their name.
    Check out there website. The gloves are awesome!!!

http://www.motophoria.com

~ FTrain

Everybody to the limit!

Re: New name

Originally posted by ftrain
    Deathrage changed their name.
    Check out there website. The gloves are awesome!!!

http://www.motophoria.com

Sounds like a good marketing decision on their part

i recommend

i ya want 2 love use a glove

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

Glove recommendations?

Originally posted by benSV
    Your body is shutting off the blood flow to your hands to keep your core warm.

The undergloves help but the main thing is you need to keep your upper body + legs warmer.

If you really want to ride in the cold weather you should consider getting a heated jacket/vest.

I can deal with the slop from wearing undergloves... (I hate rain liners) but if I wear my heated jacket I don't need the undergloves as soon.

I'm probably just going to get the gerbings heated gloves when it starts to get real cold, since I already have the jacket to plug them into.

Also heated grips seem to be universally loved.

Ben
    Alot of people don't realize that. I just layer up my torso and I'm off. My hands might no be toasty warm, but they're not freezing off either.

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400