Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Glove sizing

Glove sizing

Sooooo I'm pretty sure the gloves I have are just a tad too big. I find myself trying to pull them back as I ride. The palm of the gloves bunches up just a tiny bit at the top of my palm and is a huge pain in my ass. The thing that bugs me is that they fit nicely around my hand, whole thing fits snug. I've tried velcroing real tight, but I have little person wrists which sucks. Any suggestions? The gloves I'm using are Rev it's, and they're a size small. Not sure if the brand might be kind of crappy or what may cause this to occur.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Bopida Beepoo

Re: Glove sizing

Gloves are like helmets as far as fit: my large is different than yours and its hard to determine the true fit until they're on the road. Try an XS and expect them to break in a little. Alpinestars fit snugly and may be a better option.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by NPDCPA View Post
    Gloves are like helmets as far as fit: my large is different than yours and its hard to determine the true fit until they're on the road. Try an XS and expect them to break in a little. Alpinestars fit snugly and may be a better option.
    I remember this from when I initially bought them, I ended up at Motomarket as stop 3 for these particular ones. I have the pleasure of being small so it's difficult finding XS in stores to try. Good call though on the sizes varying with manufacturer thing, it's true with lots of clothing. I'll give the alpinestars a shot. Thanks!

Bopida Beepoo

Held gloves are available in far more than the normal 'small, med, large' size brackets. If you can find someone who stocks them (Street and Comp for example) you should be able to find the smallest size that you can no longer shove your hand into. Go up a half point and that's your glove. It'll be tight as hell till broken in, then be juuuuust right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Held gloves are available in far more than the normal 'small, med, large' size brackets. If you can find someone who stocks them (Street and Comp for example) you should be able to find the smallest size that you can no longer shove your hand into. Go up a half point and that's your glove. It'll be tight as hell till broken in, then be juuuuust right.
    My dad's a huge held fan himself, and recommended them too, looks like I just have to save my pennies for the higher end companies to get a true fit. Thanks!!

Bopida Beepoo

Quote Originally Posted by Priv View Post
    The thing that bugs me is that they fit nicely around my hand, whole thing fits snug. I've tried velcroing real tight, but I have little person wrists which sucks. Any suggestions?
    I have the exact opposite problem, I need size 3xl. whenever I'm at a show and there are gloves for sale, I start tryin em on, if, which is almost never, I find a pair that fits, I buy em.

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Make sure the pair you get matches the "future"!

Alpinestars run small.....XL is a Large in any other glove for me

Quote Originally Posted by Priv;1180280[I
    ]Sooooo I'm pretty [/I]sure the gloves I have are just a tad too big. I find myself trying to pull them back as I ride. The palm of the gloves bunches up just a tiny bit at the top of my palm and is a huge pain in my ass. The thing that bugs me is that they fit nicely around my hand, whole thing fits snug. I've tried velcroing real tight, but I have little person wrists which sucks. Any suggestions? The gloves I'm using are Rev it's, and they're a size small. Not sure if the brand might be kind of crappy or what may cause this to occur.
    Yeah yeah yeah we know!

Yeah look at the A*'s

how is the wrist closure on your current gloves?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn157 View Post
    Yeah yeah yeah we know!

Yeah look at the A*'s
    Oh Kenn!!! So I like that the A*'s tend to run small, that will help my baby hands lolz

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    how is the wrist closure on your current gloves?
    It's an elastic band around the smallest part of the wrist, and then the glove continues to a band that's about 2" wide that has velcro flap to secure the glove below the hand. I guess if the elastic was a little tighter it may fix the problem, but that isn't really reasonable with the way the glove is constructed.

Bopida Beepoo

you want velcro at the wrist to help hold it on. they won't slide up that way.

Carla one thing I've learned about gloves. Fit your length not your width. Gloves will stretch out width wise with time just from use but they don't stretch lengthwise very much. The gloves you have it sounds like they were too long. Make sure your fingers are very close if not at the tips when you grip the throttle. Again if they are snug around your hand and fingers that is fine they will stretch a little.

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    I have the exact opposite problem, I need size 3xl. whenever I'm at a show and there are gloves for sale, I start tryin em on, if, which is almost never, I find a pair that fits, I buy em.
    I have the exact same problem. My favorite gloves are Held size 12 (XXXL). They fit me, well, like a glove.

Rev It is a pretty good brand. Quality stuff from my experience (which includes zero ownership or riding, but lots of trying on)

I think gloves are the hardest thing to fit - the fit varies wildly even within models of the same brand. Which model do you have?

The other thing I try to do is have people wear their riding jackets while trying on gloves. Is it possible that the sleeves of your jacket are pushing the cuff of the glove down?

the only normal people are the ones you don't know very well.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia929 View Post
    I think gloves are the hardest thing to fit - the fit varies wildly even within models of the same brand. Which model do you have?

The other thing I try to do is have people wear their riding jackets while trying on gloves. Is it possible that the sleeves of your jacket are pushing the cuff of the glove down?
    I'm not sure the model, I usually leave the end of my sleeves a little loose so they don't push the gloves around, since I did try tightening the jacket over the gloves, and it did push them up

Quote Originally Posted by jwm2k3 View Post
    Rev It is a pretty good brand. Quality stuff from my experience (which includes zero ownership or riding, but lots of trying on)
    The quality is great, I've got some miles on them and they've held up well so far.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveZX6r View Post
    Carla one thing I've learned about gloves. Fit your length not your width. Gloves will stretch out width wise with time just from use but they don't stretch lengthwise very much. The gloves you have it sounds like they were too long. Make sure your fingers are very close if not at the tips when you grip the throttle. Again if they are snug around your hand and fingers that is fine they will stretch a little.
    Yeah I'm wondering if the elastic in the gloves has just stretched out too much too, but length can be an issue since I have little hands. Pretty sure I'll have to do some searching again at some brands with more dynamic sizing.

Bopida Beepoo

My A* were tight as hell when I bought them. Like so tight I needed both hands to get one glove on. It was a big production for about 2 weeks. They loosened up to a perfect fit now.

I had a similar problem, my hand widths are medium but I have really short fingers, no glove ever fit right.

So I ordered a pair, custom built to my measurement taste and style - its the best thing I've ever done

Good luck!

If you ain't first......you're last!

per-diem member lady flyin' low's Avatar

CARL! I just bought some new Dianese gloves that are a perfect fit...I have pretty short fingers too...Plus I just got the ok on financing my Monster so hurry up and get one

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    STEPH

2012 Ducati Monster 696

"Be nice, I could be your nurse one day!"

Lifer

Held makes gloves with shorter fingers if that is the issue. Also, Rev'it usually does run small, but the sizing can differ from one model to another. I am rev'it medium and small in most other gloves.

'15 Ducati Scrambler, '13 Multistrada 1200S, '07 VFR, '14 CRF250L/M, '15 FJ-09, '23 Tuareg

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

FYI, GBM stocks Held, I just picked up a pair of Phantoms which are going to be a bear to break in.... but I have been very pleased to see their parts dept. coming along nicely now that Billy's back.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

CCS/LRRS #83

Quote Originally Posted by lady flyin' low View Post
    CARL! I just bought some new Dianese gloves that are a perfect fit...I have pretty short fingers too...Plus I just got the ok on financing my Monster so hurry up and get one
    AAAWWWWW SHHHHEEEEEIIIITTTT

Really though, sweet pick up, I sat on one at great bay and it was quite comfy, and gorgeous! Congrats And great heads up on the gloves, I know you and I are pretty close in size, so it's nice to hear you found a winner, I'll have to check em out!

Bopida Beepoo

Quote Originally Posted by scottieducati View Post
    FYI, GBM stocks Held, I just picked up a pair of Phantoms which are going to be a bear to break in.... but I have been very pleased to see their parts dept. coming along nicely now that Billy's back.
    Billy knows his shit. And will spend time to get you the right thing. Of course, if youre a spode then he might have to laugh at you.