Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Gloves

Gloves

I have been looking at the Alpinestars. The SP-1 has caught my eye. It has every thing I am looking for, long gauntlent style, protection, and vents. I am not sure about the "mustang suede and synthetic leather" though. I am pretty sure I want something leather.

Oh, do you guys have 2 pairs of gloves, one for warm and one for colder weather?

Any recommendations?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Gloves

My GP-Plus's are pretty decent for the weather we've had recently, the 50-60 degree type. Not sure how much colder they'll be good for. They are ballsweatingly hot in the summer though, no venting whatsoever. If you were buying gloves right now, with the intention of getting a month or two of riding in, I'd seriously look at some insulated gloves, and worry about getting a thinner, lighter summer glove early next year.

But yes........gauntlet, leather, venting = :hellyeah

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Gloves

Can't go wrong with Held Hawk gloves for this time of year. Very tough with Kangaroo skin yet they are extremely supple for great control and feel. When combined with heated grips I can use them down to 28 F or so. They sell them at MotoMarket in Acton.

I wear vented gloves with leather, synthetic rubber, gel, lycra, and minimal carbon fiber armor in warmer weather. Can't recall the brand but they were pretty cheap.

Here we go again...

Beating the horse again?
    Held guys vs the none Held guys.
    Do a search on gloves, and you will see.

I personally have TourMaster Carbon Air gloves.
    Good price, Leather Construction, Carbon Protection, and Ventilation.

'03 VFR SILVER

I am the Plate, Step Up to Me

Gloves

its like debating puma vs addidas....it really depends on the shape of your hands (or feet). I found AS fit my particular hands better than the Helds and Vansons I tried on, so I went with them. Its all about comfort and fit....they are all made well when you get to the mid-to-upper edges of the product lines.

I got the AS GP-Pros recently and am very happy with them. My hands were the only warm part of me riding on sunday out west. They are vented with kangaroo skin palms and external stitching. a little tight at first but they seem to be breaking in very well...

davew

Gloves

Another vote for Held. The Roo leather give them a great feel. I've been down twice at trackdays and they held up great.I'm impressed with them and would buy them again.

Sometimes I stop and tickle road-kill, just to make sure they arent just playin' dead..

Gloves

+1 for HELD...

Gloves

I went to SouthShore Motorsports yesterday and the only pair that interested me was Held. It was the only pair in the gauntlet style that had the protection I was looking for thought.

Any other place that might have a larger selection, maybe a little closer then Acton?