Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

GS Curious

Re: GS Curious

I'm lucky in that I dress however I feel for work while keeping it somewhat civilized. But I typically wear leather jacket & gloves, motorcycle boots. I typically just wear my jeans, but also use Joe Rocket overpants if/when needed. Anything else I may want to change into at work just goes in my saddlebags.

I'm also lucky in that most of my commute is done on local roads. Even Route 28 between Barnstead & Manch is pretty tame and I'm not burdened with equipment necessary for work.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

I wear my Tourmaster jacket/pants over whatever I normally wear and just keep a pair of shoes/sneakers at work when I take off my Sidi Canyon GoreTex boots.

Done it this way for years, but the Aerostitch looks even easier, and gives me a second layer of birth control protection.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2020 BMW R1250GS Adventure Exclusive
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Reposted from elsewhere since NESR would crash every time I posted it:

Thoughts on the new SS Land Whale: CSmutty, This is the first bike I've ever ridden that will flywheel wheelie on a quick shift, and then power wheelie later in the revs. Lol

SO much suspension.

Seat height turned out not to be an issue at all. Put the stock seat on, in the high settings, and it's perfect. Sargent seat is super hard. BMW Tall comfort seat is just too tall. I'll sell them.

Went out for a few hours Sunday. Hit some twisties (at a somewhat leisurely pace), some dirt roads, highway, backroads. It does everything without braking a sweat. It will hustle, but doesn't feel rushed or frantic at all. Just smooth tractable tractor-like power from 2500rpm and up. Builds some urgency/thrust up past 5k, but you really don't ever need to go up there unless you want to go license losing speeds.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2020 BMW R1250GS Adventure Exclusive
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Lifer

When I was moto-commuting into Boston, leaving 3 shirts and 2 pants and a pair of shoes hanging in the office worked perfectly.

I’m a one piece over-suit with some adv boots each day. Dress shoes in the office and a set of rain gear & gloves in one of the panniers.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345