Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

First Bike You Feel In Love With (i.e. bored at work post)

NESR ruined my life. chr|s sedition's Avatar

First Bike You Fell In Love With (i.e. bored at work post)

Everyone has a "first bike" they drool over that starts the addiction. What was yours? How old were you at time? And did you ever end up owning it?

Mine:

Honda Mini-Trail. First bike I ever saw up close. A neighborhood kid had one when I was like 12. It was old, and beat to hell, but super fun to ride. Never owned one. Ended up with an older QA 50cc.

A month later someone else in the neighborhood got an 1986 XR 80cc. This bike blew me away when I saw it. Never owned one of these either (I still want one). Ended up a 1973 Elsinore 250cc, also old and beat to hell.

ahh...my off-road roots.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by chr|s sedition; 08-01-06 at 03:13 PM.
    "Up front there ought to be a man in black." -John Cash

LISTEN TO SLAYER
    If I get another fuckin' bike stolen...

Well I think I caught the bug well before I was able to ride but the first bike I had was a 1978 Honda 50 trail bike.

My neighbor had a Honda 50 when I was a kid too, so that was my first 2-wheel experience, and I always wanted a dirtbike even though I've never owned one. Besides that 50, I've still never ridden one. Plus I always liked sportbikes growing up.

"It is important never to forget where u all came from — becoz black, white, brown or pakistani we all come from de same place — de punani."
    -Ali G

Triumph Daytona 675 SE

I had the street legal version of that 80. XL80. My dad rode it to work sometimes!

I used to jump it and land so hard that the blinkers would fly off. Keeping up with real dirtbikes on that thing is what taught me my mad skills

Paul_E_D

Paul was that you at the track smoking the family of Honda school buss yellow team guys in the 125 class?

That was a great race to watch. Those guys would let the old man out in front for one lap then back to third then he'd move up. It was a great race.

Do you have a recent pic of your bike?

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Littering and........

Honda Hurricane 1000 in black and red.

My Dad had one, and he let me pound on it from time to time. It was following this through a corner that I earned the nickname "highsider".

Originally posted by rmbbikes
    Paul was that you at the track smoking the family of Honda school buss yellow team guys in the 125 class?

That was a great race to watch. Those guys would let the old man out in front for one lap then back to third then he'd move up. It was a great race.

Do you have a recent pic of your bike?

KB
    That was me out front checking out, not dicing with the School Bus kids. My bike is all black with a little silver on the lower these days. I don't have any pics lately... Saxman got some good ones. It was definitely a fun race. Glad you enjoyed it too!

Paul_E_D

first bike?

an Honda XL 125
    around 1976-1979?

Best memory
    getting two wheels in the air !
    or knowing that turn signals are
    for breaking and taping back on.

Last edited by akira700; 08-02-06 at 06:38 AM.

i cant remember but my first ride was at 18 mounths old, acording to my dad, then my dad said at about 5-6 years old he let me hold the throttle after that i was HOOKED alway wanted my own after years on the back of my old mans. but the first bike (acualy bikes) was when i wandered into the ducati dealership at the age of about 13 and that was it i had to have a duc i took alittle while but at 22 i got a 620 monster first bike i ever kicked a leg over. had 12 miles on it when i bought it put 6k on it in 3 months then it blew up

~ Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it.~

Didn't everyone go in and out of the "go-kart" bug when we were ~12 years old?

My first bike was a 1972 Honda XL-250 and it pooped, farted, and sputtered around my backyard for 2 years. It sucked, sure, but I treated it like a queen because it was mine.

The old school Nighthawk! My uncle used to take me for rides down the street when I was maybe 5 or 6 years old? I wanted this thing so bad!

My Dads bike .. I have a old pix with mom sitting on it when they lived in Hartford some place ........... 57 Panhead looked someting like this .........

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

my first bike was a suzuki two cil. two stroke

1966 vintage .The old man called jap crap ..
    He said he seen to much jap crap in ww 2 ..
    His ship was kamikazed & he lost 25 buddys ..

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

My addiction came later in my life as my parents hate motorcycles..."they're dangerous", blah, blah, blah.
    However, a friend of mine had a "mini-bike", the type with the fat tires and the lawnmower engine. I got to ride that alot. Another friend had a Suzuki DS80 and that was the first bike with a clutch that I learned on. My friend's dad got so frustrated with me because I kept letting out the clutch too quick and killing the motor.
    It wasn't until I was 27 years old when I got my first bike:
    1986 Suzuki Katana 600. I loved that p.o.s.
    But, the 1997 YZF1000R as featured in Sport Rider in early 1997 had me hooked. So, I bought a used FZR1000(still have it) as I couldn't afford the new YZF.
    My addiction has gotten much worse over the years and I am afraid my condition is terminal.

LRRS#167

In 73, when the first gas crisis hit, my dad bought a basket case 66, 250 Ducati Scrambler. He got it going OK. I started reading in the mags about the Ducks. I fell in lust with the then new 750 Sport. Not the SS, just the unfaired, orange in color, clip ons and Conti piped sport. I was only 14 but it sure gave me a woody. Never did get one, they were too expensive then. Hell, a good running one today is still too expensive.