Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Who got Guzzi?

Lifer

Re: Who got Guzzi?

The running gear I've seen on these has almost always been top shelf. Brembos. Etc.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

They have Brembos and such, but they are OEM equipment not the best offerings.

Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

Lifer

Better than the sliding, 2-pot calipers on a lot of the competition.

Don't get me wrong, they were nice kit no doubt. Just don't mistake them for being as good as the aftermarket units you might envision. My Sport had come with wave-ish rotors from the factory which were really pretty cool looking but I don't think they helped much. Maybe with a better rider they would have shown their merit??

Lifer

Any more Guzzi experience? The V7 at Seacoast... brand new (leftover), assembled in Italy allegedly (triumph uses Thailand?), killer looks (my opinion with the green tank with everything else blacked out, just like it used to be, black on base models whereas Harley is taking full advantage of the current trend charging more for Specials that are blacked out), all for just $7490. Brand new!
    But, not impressive power. I wonder if it would feel any more substantial than the ninjette since the ninjette has less power but can rev pretty high whereas the V7 has 50hp and a thin revrange.
    Also wonder if at 6’4” my knees would hit the cylinder heads.

Sorry, I have zilch experience with the V7. And my MG has long left me for the wondrous roads of Colorado, never to be heard from again. I'm sure she's happy there...

Don't run with the pack. whynot's Avatar

I rode their V7 demo last month, I liked it, light, nimble, etc., but the vibes never settled down, not on my test ride, anyway. My Griso 1100 was smooth, but that's the big block motor.

I'd suggest browsing the guzzitech forum
    V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech | GuzziTech Forums

Take a look at Seacoast's Ducati inventory -- 2017 Scramblers at $5995 -- OTD price?

One advantage, though, IMO, is ease of servicing the Guzzi -- aircooled, and the heads stick out where you can get at the valve adjustments. Just change the oils.

Also, Guzzi Tech has some good accessories
    Store – GuzziTech.com

For normal parts, I used to buy from MG Cycle, Moto Guzzi Parts and Accessories available online at MGCycle.com

Also, maybe talk to AJ at AJ Cycle on Route 2 in Gill MA -- good guy, old school dealership with an excellent reputation. On his Web page it looks like he's got a couple of the V7 scramblers , a 2016 and a (year?) Stornello. Now that would be different. Maybe late summer he's eager to move these bikes out onto the road?

HTH ...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by whynot; 07-16-18 at 01:28 PM.
    And don't believe everything you think.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by whynot View Post
    I rode their V7 demo last month, I liked it, light, nimble, etc., but the vibes never settled down, not on my test ride, anyway. My Griso 1100 was smooth, but that's the big block motor.

I'd suggest browsing the guzzitech forum
    V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech | GuzziTech Forums

Take a look at Seacoast's Ducati inventory -- 2017 Scramblers at $5995 -- OTD price?

One advantage, though, IMO, is ease of servicing the Guzzi -- aircooled, and the heads stick out where you can get at the valve adjustments. Just change the oils.

Also, Guzzi Tech has some good accessories
    Store – GuzziTech.com

For normal parts, I used to buy from MG Cycle, Moto Guzzi Parts and Accessories available online at MGCycle.com

Also, maybe talk to AJ at AJ Cycle on Route 2 in Gill MA -- good guy, old school dealership with an excellent reputation. On his Web page it looks like he's got a couple of the V7 scramblers , a 2016 and a (year?) Stornello. Now that would be different. Maybe late summer he's eager to move these bikes out onto the road?

HTH ...
    Funny u talk about vibes, I read a review that said it has vibes at freeway speeds but if you speed up to 80 they go away... a 744cc 50hp standard with no wind protection... how much of that bikes life will be spent cruising at 80?

I have not seen a Ducati Scrambler in person.
    I read the write up on the new 1100 and it sounds awesome... just not for $15,000.
    I also am a little bit of a petty bitch in the sense that I LOOOOOVE the old air cooled Triumph Scrambler, so where was Ducati?
    But the real thing that hasn’t made me take interest in the Ducati Scrambler is that in pics the proportions make it look like it’s tiny! Like, I’m sure it’s not but in my mind I feel like it’s the size of a Honda Grom!

I have been leading demo rides for the Guzzi truck for a couple years so I have had a chance to ride them all.

Overall they are really sweet bikes - smooth torquey motors, impeccable fueling, zero drivetrain lash. Makes for a smooth ride. As others have noted they all have decent brakes, suspensions are generally mediocre but tuned right. They ride like Euro bikes.

The sideways v twin is a kick. Blip at idle and the bike dances to the right. None of their bikes will light your hair on fire but they are all fun. Griso is prolly their meanest machine but that's not what these are about - they are cruisers with unique style.

My favorite was the Stornello.

Who got Guzzi?-stornello_side_field-jpg

Aluminum number plates, Arrow exhaust, this bike was a gem. They only made 1000 for 2016 but I bet there are new ones around still. It shares the basic six speed v7 powertrain with all the other mid size bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    The guy who bought my V-Strom is trading it for a Guzzi.
    "I wanted things to get more interesting and boy howdy did they ever..."

-Jared
    ZX-4RR, Hyperstrada 821, ZX-6R (FS!), 701 E/SM (FS!)

Quote Originally Posted by klp View Post
    I have been leading demo rides for the Guzzi truck for a couple years so I have had a chance to ride them all.

Overall they are really sweet bikes - smooth torquey motors, impeccable fueling, zero drivetrain lash. Makes for a smooth ride. As others have noted they all have decent brakes, suspensions are generally mediocre but tuned right. They ride like Euro bikes.

The sideways v twin is a kick. Blip at idle and the bike dances to the right. None of their bikes will light your hair on fire but they are all fun. Griso is prolly their meanest machine but that's not what these are about - they are cruisers with unique style.

My favorite was the Stornello.

Who got Guzzi?-stornello_side_field-jpg

Aluminum number plates, Arrow exhaust, this bike was a gem. They only made 1000 for 2016 but I bet there are new ones around still. It shares the basic six speed v7 powertrain with all the other mid size bikes.
    A very rare picture of KLP out in the wild with his bikes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who got Guzzi?-img_2687-jpg  

TIMMYDUCK

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123