Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

New Hampshire: Squid Capital of the World? (rant)

Thumbs down New Hampshire: Squid Capital of the World? (rant)

I went out riding this weekend and went to go see a freind up in Manchester, NH. I swear, never in my life have I ever seen so many god damn squids.

Practically every biker I saw on the road this weekend (and there were a lot on the road) were not only your typical shorts, wife beater, flip flops/sneakers, but they also like to take advantage of the "no helmet required" law. I'm sure this isn't really news to anyone, but I am truly amazed.

Granted, it was hot as hell this weekend but hey, I still wore all my gear.. helmet, jacket, boots, gloves. So while I was sweating it out, Joe Squid and his gf are riding around in their bathing suits on (insert cool looking liter bike here). Some people either just don't care or are just really dumb.. or maybe both.

Also, Hardley owners are a-holes.. none of those guys wave.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I witnessed a whole bunch of Squids in NH Friday night also, all in T-shirts shorts, sneakers, and without helmets. This was right down the road from the Mall of NH. The worse part is they were all racing stop light to stop light ripping wheelies. Two almost collided when they tried to get the whole shot from the first light.

I hate Squids... Fuckin Idiots...

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Natural selection, gotta love it.

Re: New Hampshire: Squid Capital of the World? (rant)

Originally posted by bump909
    I went out riding this weekend and went to go see a freind up in Manchester, NH. I swear, never in my life have I ever seen so many god damn squids.

Practically every biker I saw on the road this weekend (and there were a lot on the road) were not only your typical shorts, wife beater, flip flops/sneakers, but they also like to take advantage of the "no helmet required" law. I'm sure this isn't really news to anyone, but I am truly amazed.

Granted, it was hot as hell this weekend but hey, I still wore all my gear.. helmet, jacket, boots, gloves. So while I was sweating it out, Joe Squid and his gf are riding around in their bathing suits on (insert cool looking liter bike here). Some people either just don't care or are just really dumb.. or maybe both.

Also, Hardley owners are a-holes.. none of those guys wave.
    I'm happy for you that you wore your gear, I DIDN"T does that make me a squid? I hardly think so

to me, the squid is the guy that's riding 25% faster than traffiic, wheelieing, passing in no pass zones cause he/she thinks his skills and bike are capable regardless of what they wear..... did I just describe 95% of the riders here, yup, yer all squids

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

a squid to me is all those things as well. a squid is an irresponsible biker, imo.

not wearing your gear is an irresponisble decision and should not even be considered. i may be a noob to riding, but i know enough to not leave home without it.

so yes, people who don't wear their gear are squids. yep.

I rode a bit yesterday and saw lot of shorts and wifebeaters. Today I saw 2 guys on 495 riding wheelies in traffic at 80+, one had gear and one had shorts and t-shirt. That's squidly....

I'm 38, responible, don't ride wheelies,etc. I would never ride without a helmet, and gloves. I would wear shorts and a T, with sneakers, on the backroads around my house keeping it under 50mph only...does this make me a squid???

My rationale is this - I frequently ride my road cycle wearing nothing byt 6oz of lycra and a little styrofoam bucket on my head. I hit 50mph on that thing downhill with a tailwind, it's got 1" wide tires and tiny brakes and my shoes are locked to the pedals. How squidly is THAT!?

Ed
    2001 Ducati ST2

Originally posted by bump909
    a squid to me is all those things as well. a squid is an irresponsible biker, imo.

not wearing your gear is an irresponisble decision and should not even be considered. i may be a noob to riding, but i know enough to not leave home without it.

Hi Everyone.My name is Dan and I'm a squid.

You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

My Screen name says it all.. There is the occational local ride I will go on without my leather jacket. A day like today my call for just such a ride..

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Scroll down to the definition of a "squid"...we're ALL squids according to it cuz we ride sportbikes...

http://bikeweek.mgnetwork.com/index....10&GroupID=331

Ya know, I don't find riding with gear particularly comfortable on a hot day (or any day for that matter) and I'm tempted to jump on the bike with shorts or jeans and just take a quick ride around town, but my rationale is that it could very well be that one time I don't wear the gear, that I will most need it - why play Russian roulette with your life?

The least gear I'll go is jeans along with jacket, gloves, boot, helmet. Did that on Friday night. Today wore the pants...it was damn hot, but hate not wearing full gear.

Yesterday I'm riding through Norwood, and pass a small bar that three guys on Harleys are pulling out of. No shirts, little beanie helmets. Hit a wide area of the road, and they go flying by me(still one lane), then I see them up the road weaving in and out of traffic, cutting off cars. So it's not just sportbikes riding too fast, either. I'd consider those guys squids...or just f'n morons.

"It is important never to forget where u all came from — becoz black, white, brown or pakistani we all come from de same place — de punani."
    -Ali G

Triumph Daytona 675 SE

Hello... my name is Mike and I'm a squid.

On a day like today... if there were no helmet law and I was just going to run around my town... speeds 40mph or less... usually WAY less, then I'd be out there without any gear.

I guess I'm a squid.

2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

what's the big deal about keeping speeds down, when you ride with less than full protective gear,

I ride same speeds I do with gear on, 50-60 mph on gravel roads and 55-75 on paved roads

RandyO
    IBA#9560

I was stuck with a squid yesterday...My wife and I rode down to the Customer appreciation day at Reynold's Motorsports...On our way back, we were travelling 65 or 70 in a 55, just cruising, when a squid on a beat up FZR600 comes screaming up behind us...He'd pull up right behind me and almost touch my rear wheel, kinda toying with me...I don't mess around with a passenger on the back...Then he blows by us on a corner, passes me and the car in front of me...Keeps looking behind to see where I am...We are in bumper to bumper traffic doind about 45 at this time, he proceeds to wheelie with a car right in front of him...This kinda crap is what gives us sportbike riders a bad name...At the next light, he just bounces it off the rev limiter, and looks back at me again...I hate to tell him, but if my wife wasn't on the back, and I thought it may be worth it (FZR600 Vs TL1000R), I would've ate him up...But don't tell my wife... :-)

07 Ducati 999S Team USA
    04 Ducati ST3
    66 BMW R50/2 - Project

Originally posted by Tiller Ayuh
    I would've ate him up...But don't tell my wife... :-)
    You shoulda smoked his ass - I would've wanted my Man God to (and he probably would have), but I'm nuts so don't by any means listen to me...one reason I DO always wear my gear - cuz I'm screamin' SQUID on the inside...

Originally posted by RandyO
    what's the big deal about keeping speeds down, when you ride with less than full protective gear,

I ride same speeds I do with gear on, 50-60 mph on gravel roads and 55-75 on paved roads
    a lot of the people i saw out riding w/o gear was when i was out on 93. i just think at that speed it might be a good idea to have something that might keep your brains inside your skull and something between the pavement and your skin. putting around town is a smaller risk depending on where you live, i suppose.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

my name is Brian and im a squid

i ALWAYS wear a helmet but have been known to wear shorts and a t-shirt out and about. but on "spirited" rides i dress accordingly.
    what i dont understand is the guys with no helmets on but have them strapped to the bike do they think by some act of god that will help them in a crash? or maybe they will have a sudden change of their squidly hearts and SLAPAHO (Save Lives And Put A Helmet On)?
    on Sat. i was working and had a delivery on Hampton Beach...needless to say i was stuck in traffic for 2+ hours and saw ALOT of squids. since im in a HUGE box truck i made it perfectly clear to each and every squid i saw that they were in fact squids.
    i saw a group (5-7 bikes) in a parking lot (not a helmet in sight) and proceeded to say "shouldnt you squids be IN the ocean"? i got alot of these on sat but i thought it was funny and thats all that matters..........right?

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Re: Re: New Hampshire: Squid Capital of the World? (rant)

I'm happy for you that you wore your gear, I DIDN"T does that make me a squid? I hardly think so

to me, the squid is the guy that's riding 25% faster than traffiic, wheelieing, passing in no pass zones cause he/she thinks his skills and bike are capable regardless of what they wear..... did I just describe 95% of the riders here, yup, yer all squids
    I agree with Randy, that's almost scary

This topic should be in controversal area

How is not wearing gear a "irresponsible" biker?
    Please explain?

And for the record, I had full leathers on all day in the blistering heat, I even saw and indicated 102 degrees I do do my share of no gear riding though and I honestly don't see why people get all huffy and puffy over it

Yamaha

what's the big deal about keeping speeds down, when you ride with less than full protective gear
    If I have a problem a 35mph on a country road, it's likely I'll a) see it coming and b) be able to bring the bike down to a stop well before I would need the services of CE approved armor.

Riding on slab at 75 mph, in traffic, it's a very different story.

/obvious

Ed
    2001 Ducati ST2

Hi, my name is Gary and I'm a squid!

Got nerve calling people squids, when you ride an F3!

Whats a squid?

he's on that cartoon spongebob.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Originally posted by Manny
    Whats a squid?
    are you new?

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Originally posted by SVRACER01
    are you new?
    No.

Originally posted by evile
    If I have a problem a 35mph on a country road, it's likely I'll a) see it coming and b) be able to bring the bike down to a stop well before I would need the services of CE approved armor.

Riding on slab at 75 mph, in traffic, it's a very different story.

/obvious
    who rides motorcycle on a slab? and who rides a motorcycle 35 mph on a country road ? I don't even slow down that much for gravel roads ... oh ya, that's about the speed I take the hairpin at on the kanc on sutpidbowl sunday

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Originally posted by GMS1000
    Hi, my name is Gary and I'm a squid!

Got nerve calling people squids, when you ride an F3!
    hey man, no need to get personal. i didn't specifically call anyone a squid here.

if anyone so happens to fall under the description, that's not my fault.

besides, i'm not here to preach about wearing gear or any shit like that.. i just thought that most people here would agree with me on this kind of stuff. just seems like common sense to me.. i guess there are differences in opinion.

explain to me why i shouldn't be calling people squids because i ride an F3? i missed that one.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast