Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Harbor Freight lift table?

High maintenance priss

Re: Harbor Freight lift table?

2 feet is a probably a pretty good fixed table height. I've definitely used my lift higher than that; its nice having motor at [seated] chest level for some things like oil changes; guessing probably close to 3 feet?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I built one of those above first but also built this.

Have you still got the CB125?

Great bikes, I have twins just like that one.

Quote Originally Posted by klp View Post
    Have you still got the CB125?

Great bikes, I have twins just like that one.
    Yes I still do, that picture was taken the same day I posted the pic. It is my winter project (if I ever get back to it).

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Purchased one just like it years ago and still works perfectly. I painted it with non slip truck bed coating to add my personal flair and stenciled the Yamaha tuning fork on the ramp. Purchased it from http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Motorcycle-Lifts check them out...only a 3 1/2 hour ride from CT to save on shipping. http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...1&d=1326138731.

Quote Originally Posted by BusaKing View Post
    Just be ready to pump it over 50 times to get the lift all the way up.

That's what she said....

Seriously though, my buddy got it for his Harley and it works great for that and his pig weighs about 900 lbs...

You should find out of the store will honor the coupon in magazines. I heard you need a loading dock in order to receive one from a magazine as it comes in a big heavy ass crate. But there is a new harbor freight store located in Braintree MA. But the lift says $479 in the store and it's the pump one.

Lifer

Pretty sure I'm dragging home an HF lift table this week. Someone talk me out of it. Spent a bit watching CL and not much is showing up. Loosing patience, thinking that the HF is good 'nuf and the price sure is right.

Will add a scissor jack for use with dirt bikes that can be held from underneath, use race stands for the track toys. Probably buy a nice front tire vice before long too.

Co-worker just brought one home for $299 with coupon. Now I cannot find where the hell he got that price. Will need to figure that out..

I might consider selling the lift table I have...its a good one, from the guy in bow, nh. Has front wheel vice, side extensions for quads or lawn tractors, even the optional roller insert so the rear wheel can spin. It operates on air. Heavy duty, I've had my Road King on it without problems. Let me think over whether I really want to part with it and a price but it'd be more expensive than the HF one..

Alternatively, check out his stuff directly: . Mine is the black and orange one.

Lot more expensive than harbor freight but it's not the type of tool to skimp on IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukaki848 View Post
    You should find out of the store will honor the coupon in magazines. I heard you need a loading dock in order to receive one from a magazine as it comes in a big heavy ass crate. But there is a new harbor freight store located in Braintree MA. But the lift says $479 in the store and it's the pump one.
    My dad bought me one for last Christmas from the magazine and it was shipped to Texas. Delivered it in my driveway, truck had a lift gate. Guy even helped hand truck it into my garage for me. But yes, it was wildly heavy, and wildly unwieldy.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Will add a scissor jack for use with dirt bikes that can be held from underneath, use race stands for the track toys. Probably buy a nice front tire vice before long too.
    I just bought a couple removable wheel chocks dirt bike and street bike size) and ditched the vice all together. Can do everything I need to with those except tires, and if I need to do that, Ill live without the lift.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Imbeek View Post
    ...it'd be more expensive than the HF one..
    See. This is my problem. I expect to be all in and done for the HF stand, set up to fit my needs with the better tire vice and scissor jack for about $500 or so. Spending 2x that on a "better" lift that has more features I don't need (ie rollers, side rails, pneumatic operation) seems like a waste.

Amirite?!

A few years ago I held my nose and bought a Harbor Freight/Horror Fate lift. I caught it on crazy sale and had one of those 20% off coupon jobbers, so the entry price of $265 or so helped the decision making process immensely.
    For that kind of money I can't believe I didn't do it sooner.
    Is there better quality out there? Definitely. Did I want one of the $1K joints? Yep, I did.
    That said, I haven't regretted the HF cheapo at all, and I'm used to buying high quality stuff. YMMV.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Cool feedback here. I want a lift table now, and the HF one is the right price. Do they actually make an air kit for it, to replace the manual foot pump?

See. This is my problem. I expect to be all in and done for the HF stand, set up to fit my needs with the better tire vice and scissor jack for about $500 or so. Spending 2x that on a "better" lift that has more features I don't need (ie rollers, side rails, pneumatic operation) seems like a waste.

Amirite?!
    Not sure; ive never seen the hf one in person, much less used one. Maybe they are fine? I know if a table fell over or let the bike fall over while raised, especially with my Harley on it, the damage would be expensive and dangerous. Id pay more for air operation, too.

I can say with certainty though, that if you have the space and money for a lift, plus a bunch of bikes to maintain, they are awesome. Even for simple things like oil changes, its sweet. Yeah, screw selling mine!

I believe they used to offer an air/hydraulic version but don't anymore (been a while since I looked).
    I've seen pics out there in teh interwebs of guys having done it, but if it's $200 in parts to make it happen (and I didn't already have a lift) I'd probably just cough the extra $$ and buy the better lift.

In the meantime the foot pedal works. I pretend I'm John Bonham and get on with it.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Amirite?!
    Just something to think about: I built a fixed table out of wood. Used some of the scraps to form up a generic 'chock', and eye bolts through the deck for tie down points. I have used it with pitbull stands front and rear with my gsxr, and also had my MX bike on it for maintenance using the chock (could throw a work stand under it also). I put 4 locking wheels on it so I can roll it around wherever I want. I use an 8' ramp that I already had to roll the bikes on and of the table.

I'm in it for $100 and have used it a number of times. It serves as a work area for other shit (great work height with a creeper seat). Or you pile all kinds of shit on it. Super stable. It would probably support the front end of my GMC, or half a dozen big Maine women.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer72 View Post
    ... or half a dozen big Maine women.
    Standing on, or eating at?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

I actually built a fixed height table a couple years ago. Apparently my door jambs have shrunk over the years though as it now measures too wide to get out of my basement where I built it. I need want a stand for the garage where I do 90% of the bike work. I used the table to tear down the 400, which the table is still holding up. I'm really sold on the idea of being able to raise and lower the bike to make it work.

I think Tricky's got it; for the money it's all a dope like me needs.

Did you try getting the wood lift thru the door after standing the lift on end?

We all know he could move it if he just got a couple guys....

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Standing on, or eating at?
    It'll hold them while they wrassle, 6 way fish-fest. I'm talking real BMW's, not those "plus size" fakers.

I've had the HF lift about 6 years ago and it still works well. Changed out the wheel chock with the one HF sell. I did not like The clamp chock that comes with it and I think i still have it sitting in a box somewhere.

Once in a while there is a "coupon" that comes out selling it for $279. Many times you can get it for $299 with their coupon if you don't want to save $20. I just love how they say stuff is on sale and in all actuality it's the normal price. Even in the same sale flier they will have the same item with 2 different prices and the lift has been known to be that.

Get the HF lift unless you want the really nice pneumatic lifts for 4x the price.

2004 SV650
    1979 GS 850GN
    2005 Tt-r125
    NEMRR #246 - Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersports

I had th HF table that had the air hookup. To be honest, I used the foot pump more often. The air hookup worked fine but the foot pump was so easy and it was pretty fast too.

2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

Works great... Here is a pic of it in action.Harbor Freight lift table?-image1-jpg

xxaarraa

I am a fan of HF and would buy their lift. But I just cannot see giving up the floor space permanently for a big table lift - the HF lifts are so bulky that I wouldn't ever be able to move it or reconfigure the garage if I wanted to without major muscle to help.

You guys must all have abundant garage floor space, which I envy a lot. Me, I got a smallish 2 car garage that has a car, 5 bikes, kendon, rolling tool chest, lawnmower, rhino ramps, etc. that is also my workshop. I need to able to move stuff around so I can crawl under the car when I need to, setup power tools for projects when I need to, work on bikes when I need to etc.

I am going to put in a two post car lift soon, and even for that, I am leaning towards a 'portable' setup - one that can be taken out and stowed in the corner relatively easily when needed.

I understand you can setup the HF lift and park a bike on it permanently, but I am nervous about permanent fixtures like that. Maybe I have commitment issues? (don't answer that..)

Last edited by xxaarraa; 11-22-16 at 11:46 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast