Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Harley Electric Live Wire Details / Orders:$$$29,800!!!

Re: Harley Electric Live Wire Details / Orders:$$$29,800!!!

The specs of the sr/f and the upcoming Lightning have definitely piqued my interest, I like the look of the sr/f but I don't LOVE it, so there's that...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

My brain is telling me that it read the new Lightning would be in the $12-$13k range. That's solid if it turns out to be as good as they are hinting at.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Hypertarded

And now for something completely different:

https://www.bizjournals.com/milwauke...hoo&yptr=yahoo

Harley-Davidson acquires electric bikes for kids company StaCyc

Harley-Davidson Inc. made another move in its commitment to electric vehicle technology Tuesday, albeit one that doesn't resemble any move its made previously.

The Milwaukee motorcycle company (NYSE: HOG) announced that it acquired StaCyc Inc., a California-based producer of electric two-wheelers designed for children, for an undisclosed sum. StaCyc designs, markets and sells the 12-inch and 16-inch EDRIVE models, which range in suggested retail price from $649 to $699.

StaCyc will become a Harley-Davidson subsidiary, and select Harley-Davidson dealers will sell a branded version of the two-wheelers beginning in the third quarter of 2019. .....
    In Tuesday's news release, Harley-Davidson emphasized StaCyc's fit within the More Roads to Harley-Davidson plan's goal to create the next generation of riders. StaCyc has "inspired more than 6,000 new riders to join the sport through its fun and upbeat brand" since it debuted in 2016, and its products will "provide an entry point for the youngest riders to enjoy the thrill of riding," according to the release.
    Attachment 50580

Attachment 50581

I wonder if they will continue to sell the bikes to other dealers currently selling them under the StaCyc name. I know Auburn MA Motorsports International has them for sale. The linear throttle and strider like design are great features for kids. Also they aren't that expensive and less intimidating to learn on vs an ICE machine. They sell a bunch of these. Not Razor junk either. Really robust and fully supported I am told. I hope they don't kill the brand like they did to Alta

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Send cash... I need a track day

Hypertarded

Quote Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post
    I wonder if they will continue to sell the bikes to other dealers currently selling them under the StaCyc name.
    Yup:
    StaCyc will continue to sell non-Harley-branded models through its current distribution network.

What's the range on a StaCyc? That's more my price range...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

Quote Originally Posted by Falko View Post
    What's the range on a StaCyc? That's more my price range...
    That's pretty much the exact price I would like to see for a decent electric bike - ~$500, 20 mile range, 20 mph top speed (higher with pedal assist)...

Hypertarded

Couple minor updates on the LiveWire:

Harley’s LiveWire electric motorcycle will go farther than we thought

Previously, the company claimed the bike would have a city range of 110 miles. Now, Harley says, it's good for 140, and it'll have a mixed range rating of 88 miles, for those who occasionally zip onto the highway......
    The battery will go from zero to 100 percent in 60 minutes, thanks to Level 3 DC fast charging -- and according to Electrek, all Harley dealers who carry LiveWire will have Level 3 chargers on site.
    Based on this mixed range info I'd estimate an ALL highway(65-75MPH) trip would be in the 40-50 mile range I'd say this would also apply to country / back road rides as well, maybe 65 mile range at a steady 50-55MPH on secondary roads
    Curious if the dealers will offer any free L3 charging like Tesla for early adopters or if will be 100% pay to plug for everyone from the get go. Be smart marketing to offer a year or 2 of free L3 dealer charging for the 1st 1,000/2,500 purchasers Can't imagine it would cost much for some cheap goodwill

Quote Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
    Couple minor updates on the LiveWire:

Harley’s LiveWire electric motorcycle will go farther than we thought

Based on this mixed range info I'd estimate an ALL highway(65-75MPH) trip would be in the 40-50 mile range I'd say this would also apply to country / back road rides as well, maybe 65 mile range at a steady 50-55MPH on secondary roads
    Curious if the dealers will offer any free L3 charging like Tesla for early adopters or if will be 100% pay to plug for everyone from the get go. Be smart marketing to offer a year or 2 of free L3 dealer charging for the 1st 1,000/2,500 purchasers Can't imagine it would cost much for some cheap goodwill
    I wonder how much of that L3 charging is going to be motorcycles vs teslas/leafs. If most of the users are electric cars, the cost of free motorcycle charging could be pretty minimal.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123