Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

New Hat day!

Lifer

New Hat day!

The well-travelled Shoei Neotec (mfg 11/14) has been retired in favor of a new Neotec II. I’m open to suggestions on what to do with a 9 year old, well-used helmet other than the dumpster.

I also moved my tiny noggin to from a M to an S which will be perfect after a little break-in time.

New Hat day!-img_0941-jpg

Found the new on on the shelf at Nault’s Windham, $799 no sales tax. The same helmet is $899 at Revzilla.

Last year I bought a new RF1400. While it is lighter, the Neotec spoiled me for the flip up front and flip down shield.

The very sparingly used RF1400 will appear soon in a for sale thread along with some other items I want to clear out.

Working on a little döstädning.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by SteveM; 08-25-23 at 09:48 AM.

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

New Hat day!

IKEA has those cube shelves that work mint for helmets. Grab one or make some hooks in the garage and hang ‘em up for display!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

CCS/LRRS #83

Lifer

Re: New Hat day!

Quote Originally Posted by scottieducati View Post
    IKEA has those cube shelves that work mint for helmets. Grab one or make some hooks in the garage and hang ‘em up for display!

That’s a great idea for racers but I have no desire to display a 9 year old matte gray touring helmet.

Hypertarded

Send it up to Randy for one of his range days, be a great target.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Considering a Hats for Tots program?

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Quote Originally Posted by scottieducati View Post

I saw a video a few weeks ago of someone’s moto collection, vintage to present. Each bike had an period correct helmet sitting on the tank, thought that was a cool idea… and a great excuse to have a cool bike collection

Yamaha

Lifer

Someone on here collects them. Maybe it was BORN though. Anyway I'm sure someone does. Maybe they will see this. I'm getting ready to dump a few helmets myself.

If you replace your old helmet with the same model, you can keep the internal padding, visors, chin skirts, etc, for spare parts. Or if you get caught in the rain and the padding gets wet, you can swap it out.

I’ve got an old helmet I keep because the internal padding is so well worn, it fits a little loose. I use this as my winter helmet when I want to ride with a thicker balaclava under the helmet.

I need a new helmet, my Icon BugChucker.New Hat day!-casque-integral-icon-variant-pro is probably best helmet I ever had regarding wearing prescription glasses, but, it's heavy, I wanna take a look at the new Arai Signets, had one years ago, other than having to crack the shield open to keep my glasses from fogging, and having a bitch of a time getting my glasses on thru the shield opening......

what Shoei is comparable head shape to the Signet? I have a TZR? but don't think the make that model anymoreNew Hat day!-shoei-orange-tzr-tz-helmet

Last edited by RandyO; 08-25-23 at 02:02 PM.
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Shoei is kinda oval, snug fit, i love em. Wasnt a fan of my signet but it was also too big

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    Shoei is kinda oval, snug fit, i love em. Wasnt a fan of my signet but it was also too big
    I got my Signet (talking 20+ years ago, it was Snell 95) to fit excellent with change of cheek pad thickness, my TZR I had to spoon the forehead slightly, Icon was perfect out of box., I got a Klingon shaped head

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON