Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

I Hate Dealership Service Shops...

I just got a call from the dealership where I brought my bike. They told me I've been starving the front cylinder of oil by doing too many wheelies. Funny shit, I hardly wheely. Really, I honestly don't. I told 'em that and they laughed. Literally. I also told 'em I have a friend that has about 30,000 miles on a TL and that most of those miles were on his back tire only. "Some TL's are prone to this" he says. I told him AGAIN that I don't wheely the thing, and asked him to pull the thing apart and check the valves. They're gonna do it, but he insists that there is mechanical damage to the front cylinder. The things only got 5K miles on it, and I've pretty much taken it easy on it. The most abuse it's gotten from me has been smokeshows! Grrrrrrr....I'm supposed to be able to pick it up tomorrow. We'll see how it runs when they're done....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Bikeless Prick

That sucks man! Maybe a second opinion might be a good idea?

Rich

Bikeless Prick

Hey, isn't that part of the sales pitch with the Tiller... "they're too heavy to wheelie, so you get better hole shots!"

Rich

Lifer

Sounds like this is more of a Suzuki thing.

They don't seem to have a great reputation for warranty work.

Ben

DEALERS SUCK

Gerard

hmmmm gets me wonderin, my Sv went in for rear brakes yesterday but they called me and told me I need a new rear caliper, the pins are seized

I know they have recently expanded and hired a bunch of new techs, I wonder if they "hafta make work". they have always done ok for me, but they have hired so many new guys, I don't know everybody anymore

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Bikeless Prick

Must be talkin' bout Rochester MM?

Rich

I'm not gonna name names just yet. But the whole thing about starving the front cylinder of oil sounds like a BIG crock of shit. I would think that there's some kinda injection system on ANY bike to prevent that from happening. I'll know fer sure what's up tomorrow. But I have a feeling I'll be bringing it to the 'zook shop that I used to bring my RF to...

i know that oil starvation to the front cylinder is a real problem on the SV...

but only if you're doing 2 or 3 gear wheelies every week, which it sounds like you're not.
    BS-o-meter is pinging mildly.
    -t

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

I hear ya, Mick! I've never been told something so far-fetched. Upon a little research last night, I found that the TL's (both 'R' and 'S') do indeed have oil injectors in each cylinder that spray erl directly onto the pistons. As for the noise, this is the second V-twin sportbike I've owned and they've both clattered...

He told me I could pick it up today at noon, so I'll see how it's running. Either way, I'm goin' down to see TLRMan next weekend to do all sortsa mods, and I'll have him take a look at whatever the hell it is they say it's doing. I'll keep ya all updated...

Stonerman that blows, in my opinion (and thats all it is, is an opinion) dealers need the money and they cant get it at sales so they rake you over the hot hot coals in the service dept, i would get a second opinion as suggested by another member.

on another note, does your TL stutter while cruising at 3500-4000 mine does and it pisses me off firece (fuck)
    Hey Steve,
    There is a way to fix that stumble. This is a problem with the TLR because of the way they set the ecu up. You need to either remap your ECU, go with the power commander, or do what's the cheaper way out and do what they call the "Resistor mod" , or TRE ("Timing Retard Eliminator")
    The Bike is mapped to retard the timing, and run lean on the lower gears. The ECU knows what gear you are in and sets the injection and timing to this map. The resistor mod, makes the ECU think it's in 6th gear all the time. So it maps richer on the injection, and kicks the timing up. You also need to make sure your Throttle position sensor is correctly adjusted, they never are from the factory, and if you do the resistor mod, you will have to readjust for that too. It will kick the RPMs up about 200 more from the stock setting. This will help with your stumbles...BTW the resistor costs about 15 cents, and if you can get here, I'll do it for nothing.
    Mark (TLRMan)

Too old to rock and roll, too young to die.

Oh, those wonderful dealerships!

Someone suggested that there may be a connector that isn't totally connected. Sure enough, I went and fiddled around with a coupla connector plugs (specifically the fuel relay connection) and it's good as new! I ran it for about 40 miles and was redlining the thing! I was swallowing cars left and right, bringing 'er up to redline everytime! Feels good to have my baby back!

When we did the undertail and wiring, we were taking the tail piece off & on quite a bit. When I was done, I wire-tied the wires to the subframe, admittedly a bit snug. I clipped a few of those off and made sure the plugs were securely connected, and VOILA!

I REALLY hope this is where the problem was. As of now, it surely seems to be...

I'm still not 100% sure that was the problem. My test ride today went well though, so it's looking good...

I knew it was fuel related, and when Jay go here, I would have started from the top and worked my way back...Funny thing is that the fuel pump relay is like the 3rd thing I was gonna check, as to weed out the problem..other one is the kickstand switch that just makes contact, but vibrates, and causes the bike to cut in and out, and the fuse block is another place that can be a problem..Good thing Jay got it, now we can move on to the stuff he wanted to do in the first place!

Too old to rock and roll, too young to die.

Okay. So ROCHESTER MOTORSPORTS can kiss my scrote. We found another plug that wasn't totally connected, and the fuel relay wasn't properly mounted to where it was supposed to be. All my fault admittedly, but to tell me I needed new cams and possibly some head work done? Fuck 'em. Not only is my problem sorted out now, but thanks to Mark (TLRMan), my bike is running better than it's ever been! Look for more in the "Dealer/Vendors Good & Bad" area later...

Before I do that tho, I've gotta write a letter to the BBB, the NH labor dep't, Suzuki corporate and send a CC to Rochester Motorsports. THEN I'm calling my credit card company and disputing the $206 bill they gave me for my blowjob...

Hey tiller! If Mark's offering to do this, DO IT! And ask him all nice-like if he'll do the flapper mod & snorkelectomy too...