Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Headlight bulbs....

Headlight bulbs....

What's the difference between H4's and H7's? I want to convert my bike from reflector type H4's to projector H7's. I'm hoping I can just use my stock wiring (Suzuki TLR)? If it's not a straight conversion, would H.I.D.'s be a straight conversion? TIA

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Headlight bulbs....

H4's are 2 filament bulbs (high and low in one bulb) and I believe they have big plastic connectors. Usually they they are twist locked into the assembly.

H7's are single filament bulbs (2 seperate bulbs for high and low) and have just two metal tabs which the headlight harness plugs into. They are usually held into the assembly with a spring type lock.

They make HID kits for any type of bulb, I'd do it. I have an H7 hid kit on my 1Krr and it's great!

EDIT: H4's have a 3 prong metal connector on the back.
    Tyr this: Power Bulbs - autobulbs, autolamps, xenon headlights, car bulbs, headlight bulbs, osram silverstar, silver star, philips vision plus, philips blue vision, bluevision

One of the former LRRS #13's

http://www.facebook.com/ChrisWatt762

JT42

Headlight bulbs....

So what are you using? In this thread you are saying the conversion uses H7 bulbs. In your other thread you said it uses H1 bulbs.

http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...-question.html

In any case, H7 bulbs are not compatible with H4 bulbs so you will have to change the sockets in your wiring harness. An advantage to H7 bulbs is since your high and low beams are on separate bulbs, when you put your high beams on you can leave your low beams on without having the bulbs overheat. H4 systems are set up so your lows shut off when the highs come on so if you convert to H7 and modify your wiring harness, you will want to hard wire your low beam relay on for better light output. Make sure to run a separate ground line for each bulb so you don't overheat the harness.

"...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

Headlight bulbs....

Yea, I was wrong in the other thread, sorry. the prjectors are actually h7's. So you're saying, I'd have to make a seperate harness and wire the relay to the battery?

Headlight bulbs....

Unless your kit includes a new harness or adapter, you will have to modify your existing harness. Wiring the low beam relay so it is always on isn't necessary but will afford you more light when your high beams are on. You don't want to wire the coil of the relay right to the battery because your lights would never shut off. You want to wire it to a switched 12V line somewhere after your ignition switch.

"...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

Headlight bulbs....

Update:

I found adapters. they are male H4's to female H7's. Plug and lay - gotta love it. I'll let you all know how it comes out. Thanks for all the info.