Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Headlight question

<---Thats a nice A$$! EFD 05 1K's Avatar

Headlight question

Ok so im planning on doing a HID kit on the 750, one question i have is that both headlights are H7's and one side stays on for low beam and the other comes on for high beam. I would like to make it so both come on at low beam and switch to high beam. the bike is a 2000 and my buddys old 2002 had the setup i want so im not sure what they did in 2000....i am hoping i can maybe rewire it and make it work?? if anyone has any experience (or even if you dont) feel free to chime in!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

05 Gsxr 1k Black/Silver, Yosh pipe, 8k HIDs, a very big grin

Re: Headlight question

you should really join the gixxer forums if you have bike specific questions. people in bike specific forums know EVERYTHING about the bike. i have a cbr and i'm on 600rr.net. no question goes unanswered.

but anyway, i'll chime in because i think i know how it works.

basically, they are both H7's and one side is low beam. so it just points low. when you switch high beam on, the other side comes on, and it's the same bulb except it's aimed higher.

if you want BOTH to be able to be low beam AND high beam, you would have to get new bulbs i'm pretty sure.

some people aim their high beam down, so that they always have both on and just never have high beams. at least both lights come on to make it look uniform.

but, for those who want lows and highs coming out of the same bulb, you need to change it to a bixenon kit. basically it's 1 bulb per side, however, there is a shield that covers part of the beam of the light. so when you hit the high beam switch, the shield is moved, and the beam isn't cut off anymore, giving you high beams.

i'm just talking from experience with my cbr600rr. it's got low beam and high beam on separate sides just like what you're describing. i put in an HID kit already but this summer i'm changing to a bixenon HID kit.

Re: Headlight question

dude, read my H4-->H7 thread from the other day. it covers H4 and H7 bulbs specifically

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft