Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Healtech quickshifter for race bikes

Healtech quickshifter for race bikes

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting a quickshifter for my gen1 sv LWSB. Has anyone had any experience with the healtech unit (on any bike)? Zoran recommended the HM, but didn't use it personally, just had heard good things anecdotally. The bluetooth app adjustments seem nice on the healtech and it's less costly than the hm. The little button loadcell thingy kind of weirds me out, but I won't have to mess with linkage stuff and it seems to be push or pull compatible.

One other note, I have a slipper clutch on my bike and it's awesome. I do use the clutch on downshifts and frankly never have thought not to. I guess this setup can cut the ignition of downshifts too. I wonder if with the slipper and a cut if it would be reasonable to do low effort / low involvement clutchless downshifts too. I like anything that lets me do less work and think less while I'm riding. God knows it can't make me any slower.

Thoughts on both?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS EX 104

Re: Healtech quickshifter for race bikes

I used a Healtech for a bit, getting the torque correct on the load cell can be a bit finicky but once dialed in it worked well. Clutchless downshifts are a thing, usually work best when you're braking HARD, let the revs dip down lower than normal and it should just click down even without clutching/rev matching/slipper/ignition cut.

Do you think it’s a better or at least equal quality solution to the online shift rod type solutions?

Having next to no experience with other setups... I can't directly compare.

Just added healtech to 2003 R1. Install was really easy. Plug and play, even for a bike this old. Had to order strait from the factory in Hungary, because no-one had the harness in the US (not surprised). Ordered Friday, shipped same day, delivered Monday. App works great for tweaking. Don't have many miles on it, but I like it so far. Going to NYST this weekend to put it through it's paces. I'll probably tweak the settings a little more while there. (Actually suiting up now to do a little more testing). My 1290 ktm SAR has factory clutchless up and down that works perfect. That's my only other experience. Depending on how you mount the healtech sensor on the shifter (inline with rod, or on pivot) determines if you can downshift. I wasn't able to find online if adding a slipper clutch just allowed you to bang down on the shifter with healtech. I think everything I read said you still need to unload the transmission on downshifting. I would add a slipper if you could. App on healtech is pretty perfect. I was testing and making mental notes. Pull into a parking lot, or side of the road, pull out your phone, few more clicks and you're back at it. Really good quality.

I use healtech and am super happy with it. What I like best about it is the simple design that uses the one piece shift linkage. It reduces the amount of fail points introduced with most other brands. Has worked flawlessly for 2 seasons with crashes, rain, etc.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D