Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Mass Driving records computer

Mass Driving records computer

Well I was blessed today with a warning rather than a serious ticket.

WOOT, officer in our prayers

What he did say is "your in the computer now". I assumed that any near term infraction the next officer will pull up a record with the warning on it.

Any idea when/if that ever goes away on what the LEO will pull up on his laptop ?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The calculus of hate

It is not that I should win it is that you should lose
    It is not that I succeed it is that you fail
    It is not that I should live it is that you should die

Re: Mass Driving records computer

The cops can see all your driving history when they pull it up. Never goes away AFAIK.

I only have two tickets on my actual record, but last time a state trooper pulled me over he lamented that he could see that ive been pulled over over 6 times by state troopers, most of those were at least 2 years ago, but they apparently still know about them. They also knew that two of them were @90mph even though they were only cited officially at 10 over

Lifer

Written tickets (opposed to verbal warnings) are in the system as if they are actual tickets, but marked as warnings. All police in the state can see them. Pretty sure there are punishments for getting too many written warnings in a certain period of time as well, but I don't feel like verifying it so... don't take my word for it. All other issues, such as verbal warnings, town police (and I assume the state PD) use something called an "in house" report. In other words, what their own local system has for history on you. Times may have changed, but that's the way I last heard it was.

nedirtriders.com

you don't remember yer first grade teacher tellin you that things like this would go on your PERMANENT RECORD

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Lifer

I was a police dispatcher in MA some years ago. My memory is slightly foggy, but this is what I can remember. The system is called CJIS - Criminal Justice Information System. Simply running the registration records it in the system, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a strike against you. Departments also have their own "in house" system that aldend mentioned, which is nothing more than saving a file in a computer, which is located when a match for the name or plate is queried. As far as I know, there is no requirement or regulation demanding a citation be issued after so many written warnings... that most likely developed as a "friend of an uncle of my 2 year old nephew's monkey's grandmother who is a cop told me..." deal.

Stromper, as long as you continue to live a law-abiding life making money honestly and paying your taxes appropriately, then, no, it will never disappear from your record. Even if you claim residency in another state and get a new vehicle with new plates, it will still be there, as the system is a national database. If any other LEO runs your registration, he will see that one whatever date it was you were pulled over and issued a written warning in whatever town it occurred in and it will give some other facts like weather, type of road, road conditions, etc. This can help to establish a pattern if you get pulled over several times making the same dumb-ass mistake.

BOTTOM LINE: It's a written warning, don't sweat it. Insurance isn't about to go up, no one thinks of you as a bad person, and unless you get pulled over for the same thing soon, it doesn't necessarily mean you automatically get a citation the next time... officer's discretion

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    Written tickets (opposed to verbal warnings) are in the system as if they are actual tickets, but marked as warnings. All police in the state can see them. Pretty sure there are punishments for getting too many written warnings in a certain period of time as well, but I don't feel like verifying it so... don't take my word for it. All other issues, such as verbal warnings, town police (and I assume the state PD) use something called an "in house" report. In other words, what their own local system has for history on you. Times may have changed, but that's the way I last heard it was.
    its supposed to be 3 warnings in a year, unless they've changed that in the last few years. about 5 years ago I got 3 or 4 warnings in a month or two for an expired inspection sticker. and maybe even another one in the same year for it too. So I guess it depends on the officer writing the warning/ticket.

GRIM

SO even this traffic warning is in some kind NATIONAL Database
    PITA

I remember sometime in my youth after years ticket free I got like 3 in like 14 months then nothing for more years.

Well I think I got the warning because I seemed to have a clean record, at least in Mass.

The calculus of hate

Death panels Rich, you can't explain that.

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Lifer

FYI, you can request your driving records from the state if you're ever curious. If you get a ticket in RI and appeal under their 'good driver' forgiveness thing, you've probably done it. Cost me $35 a few years ago. You can request it at the RMV, or you can mail or call in a request. Actually, looks like it went DOWN to $20? When does that ever happen....

"Driver Control/ Court Records, Registry of Motor Vehicles, P.O. Box 55896 Boston, MA 02205-5896
    If you order a driving record by mail or phone, it may take ten business days to get it." source: pg 47 http://www.mass.gov/rmv/dmanual/driversmanual.pdf

And, according to the poster over here, http://www.masscops.com/f50/what-exa...88/index2.html Things may have been how CBR929RE and I remember it, but have since changed.

nedirtriders.com

Thats good to know, Thanks

Before next season I will run myself

The calculus of hate