Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Help...Carb Sync tool?

Everybody to the limit!

Help...Carb Sync tool?

I just snuck a peak at the weather for the coming week and it looks to be turning back into spring again. All well and good except that my bike is still sitting in my parent's garage; I whacked the carb sync screws by accident, and I like the necessary gauges to sync 'em properly.

A quick check to all the local auto parts stores revealed that A) Auto parts stores are staffed mainly by pre-pubescent teens, B) Very few of these pre-pubescent teens knew what a carburetor was, and C) Nobody local sells carb sync gauges.

So on to plan B then: begging the use of a set of gauges off someone in the southern new hampshire area. Heck, failing to find that, I'd be willing to drive up to an hour each way to borrow such gauges. The question is, is there anyone out there in possession of sync tools (either vacuum gauges or manometers would be just fine) who wouldn't mind me borrowing them on sat or sunday? I would be eternally grateful, and would make some effort to repay the favor in the form of tasty beverages or the like.

Please PM me if you've got a set you're willing to loan out. My alternative is purchasing them mail-order, but that's gonna take at least a week and with the weather hitting 75 on wednesday I'm just not sure what I'd do...

Thanks,
    DH

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Help...Carb Sync tool?

Been kinda busy lately. I have a set you can use. Sorry so slow. Hope you already got some.

Everybody to the limit!

Help...Carb Sync tool?

Originally posted by stoinkythepig
    Been kinda busy lately. I have a set you can use. Sorry so slow. Hope you already got some.
    Yep, actually after a little more calling around I was able to find a place that stocked them, CycleWorld up in Londonderry had not one but *two* different models. Picked up the cheaper of the two for $40, which I thought was a pretty fine deal. Mercury based too, I was under the mistaken impression they couldn't sell them anymore because of health concerns. Appreciate the offer nonetheless!

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Help...Carb Sync tool?

Cool. Don't drink the mercury, tempting as it is.