Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

NEED HELP WITH CHARITY RIDE INFORMATION

NEED HELP WITH CHARITY RIDE INFORMATION

Hey NESR folks,

I need some help with real experience advice on charity rides.

I am a General Manager for Maggiano's http://www.maggianos.com/en/Pages/home.aspx downtown.
    Every year in May and June, we work with Make A Wish http://www.wish.org/ to raise money for terminally ill children. It costs about 8k for MAW to take one family and make their wish come true.

I was thinking that I may be able to put together a MAW ride and then finish at my restaurant where we could finish the ride with a Pasta Buffet , meet people, talk shop, do some raffles ect. Maybe a ticket purchased got you in the ride and lunch afterwards?

This is a random thought but really want to do something like this. I know it takes planning but we have two months to get this in place....

Any people out there that can help me get some advice or would volunteer their time to help?

I have two small children and a teenager. I could not imagine what I would do if I knew they had a short life. Not only the expense itself for medical but the cost for a vacation alone would be impossible.

In May and June we sponsor a HUGE send off party for a child. They come in with family and we spoil them! BIG TIME. Once we get the Childs info, we decorate and dress staff up buy their favorite things and just make them feel special. Last year, Corey came in with his family. All he wanted was to go somewhere warm. So MAW sent the family on a Caribbean Cruise. We decorated the space with tropical theme, had all his favorite RED SOX photos signed and bought him a few awesome RS items that made his whole day. So this is a big deal!!!!!

Anyone can help; I hope this is not just a wish and that this could actually be done......

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: NEED HELP WITH CHARITY RIDE INFORMATION

Planning a ride and a buffet should be the easy part. (Relatively speaking of course.) Before doing a raffle/etc, you may want to check to see if there are any local or state ordinances you'll have to follow. Maine recently enacted some laws that make it harder for groups to do poker runs for example.

I'm driving right now, but I will pm you later. I have some experience with charity events am currently doimg 1 right now. There are a few guidelines you have to follow via town, state, and charity.

Great thanks