Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

View Poll Results: Which Helmet?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Icon Airframe Inferno

4 10.81%
  • Scorpion EXO1000 Apollo

33 89.19%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Need Help Choosing A Helmet!!!

Re: Need Help Choosing A Helmet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rider View Post
    ........Any advice on a company that would match that type of profile for my cranium? I know some companies will offer profiles for different shaped heads. I am guessing more must be doing this?

Arai Profile most likely. Come try one one that fits at our shop.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rider View Post

I do have a question that I think could be even more helpful to a noob like myself instead of comments on how Icon sucks and anyone who wears them must be gay.
    What if there are many experienced riders saying Icon gear is not up to the same level as some other gear? Would you still wear and buy it?

Please do not become defensive.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

If they are saying Icon gear is not up to the same level as other gear... that works great for me. Even better is first hand experiences explaining why someone has that opinion or pointing to a review where it helps their reasoning.

It is only tough to swallow when it sounds like, "unless you buy brand X your an (insert name or expletive here)". For example "Icon = gay".

I like good logical discussions. I hope I didn't sound too preachy, because I have a tendency to do that so I will apologize now for that and the future ones. I'm not really that much of a dink... just happens sometimes.

Since I am at risk of Hijacking this thread I will slowly back out the same way I came in and may start another thread on helmets to help me with my own noggin problem, although the Arai profile looks like it might be a good match for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    What if there are many experienced riders saying Icon gear is not up to the same level as some other gear? Would you still wear and buy it?

Please do not become defensive.

We actually carry Icon gear as well. There is a high demand for it among street riders and especially military and the younger crowd. Their composite carbon fiber/fiberglass helmets are actually very nice. I wear one myself on the street, although I do wear an Arai on the track.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345