Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

need help finding a bike

Re: need help finding a bike

Quote Originally Posted by warsaw1776 View Post
    Is it a pain to buy an out of state bike and transfer it to MA?
    no...i just did it not too long ago...bought a bike in CT and another in RI...have the title, the previous owners registration and a bill of sale...the more info you have the better off you are with the RMV...i had my insurance company do all the paperwork and register it...i just provided them with the paperwork

http://www.dmv.org/ma-massachusetts/...gistration.php

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Point37 View Post
    no...i just did it not too long ago...bought a bike in CT and another in RI...have the title, the previous owners registration and a bill of sale...the more info you have the better off you are with the RMV...i had my insurance company do all the paperwork and register it...i just provided them with the paperwork

http://www.dmv.org/ma-massachusetts/...gistration.php
    Thanks for the info.

whats everyones thoughts on a Superhawk for track and street? my understanding is they are great street bikes but take some work to be decent on the track.

I have never rode one...but you would have more fun on an SV. Much lighter bike and less of a pig.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Lifer

whats everyones thoughts on a Superhawk for track and street? my understanding is they are great street bikes but take some work to be decent on the track.
    Yeah, pretty much a toilet on the track, but good on the street. You got a lead on a cheap one?

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    Yeah, pretty much a toilet on the track, but good on the street. You got a lead on a cheap one?
    yea, sort of. got a guy down to 2200 for one in great mechanical shape, but a little cosmetic damage.

i would prefer the SV but i am having no luck. found an awesome one in north vermont, but its just too far considering the price. other than that people just aren't responding, or there isn't anything out there.

i checked out argo online and spoke to someone, but there bikes are just too expensive for what they are. salvage titled, crashed SV with no speedo/tac for 2400 is not worth it.

Lifer

yea, sort of. got a guy down to 2200 for one in great mechanical shape, but a little cosmetic damage.

i would prefer the SV but i am having no luck. found an awesome one in north vermont, but its just too far considering the price. other than that people just aren't responding, or there isn't anything out there.

i checked out argo online and spoke to someone, but there bikes are just too expensive for what they are. salvage titled, crashed SV with no speedo/tac for 2400 is not worth it.
    Forget Argo, they want retail prices for salvage bikes. Get up some more $ and I'll let my SV go, I'm looking for another inline, the SV doesn't suit me causing trouble.

If it's the red one in New Bedford, that doesn't seem like a bad deal. From the pics the cosmetic issues appear fairly minor.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post
    If it's the red one in New Bedford, that doesn't seem like a bad deal. From the pics the cosmetic issues appear fairly minor.
    that is the one. seems like a decent price, but doesn't seem like a great deal either.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (GS3)

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome

Forget Argo, they want retail prices for salvage bikes. Get up some more $ and I'll let my SV go, I'm looking for another inline, the SV doesn't suit me causing trouble.
    You have an SV? When did that happen?

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

not sure if this is legit or not...
    http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/mcy/3673788220.html

bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Point37 View Post
    not sure if this is legit or not...
    http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/mcy/3673788220.html
    Thanks for the lead.

^ Just came in to post that 650R.

Couple more I happened across:

2000 R6 - $2800 - I'd be cautious because it's a 1st gen and I've heard about the 2nd gear problems (not an R6 expert, however), also missing lower fairing, but mileage seems reasonable maybe the seller is flexible.
    http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/mcy/3678599645.html

2008 Kawi ZZR600 - $3000 - Low miles, and comfortable on the street from what I remember a couple years back. Probably not too bad on the track, since it's just a re-badged 2000-2002 era ZX6R, iirc. Seller seems open to neg.
    http://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/3678973614.html

Just to compare, here's a 2002 ZX6R, basically the same bike as above, with many more years/miles, asking $2800:
    http://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/3677924811.html

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    Wirelessly posted (GS3)

You have an SV? When did that happen?
    I've got more toys than i know what to do with.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouser View Post
    ^ Just came in to post that 650R.

Couple more I happened across:

2000 R6 - $2800 - I'd be cautious because it's a 1st gen and I've heard about the 2nd gear problems (not an R6 expert, however), also missing lower fairing, but mileage seems reasonable maybe the seller is flexible.
    http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/mcy/3678599645.html

2008 Kawi ZZR600 - $3000 - Low miles, and comfortable on the street from what I remember a couple years back. Probably not too bad on the track, since it's just a re-badged 2000-2002 era ZX6R, iirc. Seller seems open to neg.
    http://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/3678973614.html

Just to compare, here's a 2002 ZX6R, basically the same bike as above, with many more years/miles, asking $2800:
    http://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/3677924811.html
    Thanks for the links.

would love the zzr but thats a really good price, and i doubt i could get him down to my price range. i would feel bad asking.

Thanks for the links.

would love the zzr but thats a really good price, and i doubt i could get him down to my price range. i would feel bad asking.
    Just wave some cash in his face...

Man bikes are expensive. I remember back in 2004 I bought a CBR600 F2 for $1800 including delivery from the Cape. Now if you find one its never below $2000. I guess I got lucky or something.

Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

Current: 2016 S1000XR. Past: S1000R, Streefighter S, Monter S2R1000, RC51, CBR600

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftTone View Post
    Just wave some cash in his face...

Man bikes are expensive. I remember back in 2004 I bought a CBR600 F2 for $1800 including delivery from the Cape. Now if you find one its never below $2000. I guess I got lucky or something.
    i am shocked by the prices and how unreasonable people are

Lifer

I'm telling you, it's springtime. There were some dead sexy deals floating around CL last fall. I know because I kept getting smacked in the side of the head every time wifey caught me looking.

Either that or it's the economy or somethin'.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    I'm telling you, it's springtime. There were some dead sexy deals floating around CL last fall. I know because I kept getting smacked in the side of the head every time wifey caught me looking.

Either that or it's the economy or somethin'.
    your right, its just rough for someone in my position.

what sucks is there is a bike that is perfect, just too far up in northern VT. if only it was closer to boston.

If you're open to a fixer upper... http://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/3679486337.html

This one looks 'well loved' and no price listed, so the seller might be open to take offers:
    2000 SV650

Quote Originally Posted by curiouser View Post
    This one looks 'well loved' and no price listed, so the seller might be open to take offers:
    2000 SV650
    Thanks for the tip but unfortunately the guy didn't even want to talk cash. He suggested i buy a cruiser and than trade that cruiser to him for his SV. what a joke.

He suggested i buy a cruiser and than trade that cruiser to him for his SV.
    If I heard a guy say that I would tell him to go fuck himself and tell him to head to the stealership to trade in for a cruiser.

Last edited by Dip Dungles; 03-14-13 at 04:47 PM.
    Shannon

http://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/3652926314.html

looks decent might be able to talk him down a couple hundred. Says he has all the fairings that they don't line up right..., bike is pictured without a fairing might be just be something really easy that was overlooked...

Last edited by Chrisb319; 03-14-13 at 05:11 PM.

what would you guys pick: 2001 TL1000s or 1998 VTR1000F Superhawk?

ive heard about the superhawk but not the TL. i also know TL's were pretty wicked when they came out, got a bad reputation real quick. but would it be a better street/track bike than the hawk?

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently insurance companys know about the TL's reputation and the insurance is going to be way more than a superhawk or sv.

Last edited by warsaw1776; 03-14-13 at 07:09 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast